Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:32 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations
WE:Operations (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance
Schools:CBS
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS 2011 Applicants!! (Including 2+2) [#permalink]
R3 WL still in the running here..... They said they would offer some spots by end of the week. I think I read that they have 10-15 spots left. I am hoping by Friday or Tuesday we here something! Have to put a deposit down on 6/1 for another school that is a definete yes, but HBS is our#1 choice so still crossing fingers for it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mmbma wrote:
Any WLers still alive? The remaining 30? When do you think they'll make the final decision?

Also, has anyone resubmitted on the WL poll that they want to remain on the WL? Or, do we just keep things as they are an assume we are automatically still active on the WL from our original poll submission?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
no resubmission as far as I know. And I believe they will admit 10~15 on a rolling basis starting this Fri.

mbahubby wrote:
mmbma wrote:
Any WLers still alive? The remaining 30? When do you think they'll make the final decision?

Also, has anyone resubmitted on the WL poll that they want to remain on the WL? Or, do we just keep things as they are an assume we are automatically still active on the WL from our original poll submission?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I wonder how many they will admit on Friday.... Is there definetly 10-15 spots open and then the rest remain on the WL if more spots become available?

When do classes begin?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
R2 waitlister still here too. I'm surprised but hopeful.

So there are 30 of us still left and they said they would cull the list to 10 people come June in case acceptees drop out. Does this mean 10-15 admits on Friday / Tuesday and 5-10 dings? That's what the math suggestions, but they tend to err on the side of painting a rosy picture... Best of luck to all of us :)

mbahubby, your results list is VERY random. Waitlisted at HBS and Duke? Do you have an unconventional background?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
brbBeach wrote:

So there are 30 of us still left and they said they would cull the list to 10 people come June in case acceptees drop out. Does this mean 10-15 admits on Friday / Tuesday and 5-10 dings? That's what the math suggestions, but they tend to err on the side of painting a rosy picture... Best of luck to all of us :)

mbahubby, your results list is VERY random. Waitlisted at HBS and Duke? Do you have an unconventional background?

Yeah, I guess it is a little random. I am actually on here on behalf of my husband, though I feel like I am going through this process as if I am trying to get in too... I am just the support :-D The list of schools came to be because #1 We applied to 10 because we need to go this year and decided late in the game and was R3 in all. Figured the more schools, the better chances #2 We choose top 50 schools according to rankings. 3 from the bottom 50, 3 from the top 5 and the rest in the middle. Also, I wanted to stay East coast so that's where a majority of them are.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
That's what I thought. 10~15 admits in the coming week and another 10 to stay on waitlist until July. 0~10 dings depending on if the admitted waitlisters decide to drop out. But all of this probably will happen on a rolling basis, so it'll take more than a day or two.

brbBeach wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Notice the difference, in their earlier letters, they said they had about 15 slots for WLers, and that number could change after May 23, if any R3 drop off. Now the slots are 10-15, so 0-5 were already admitted?

Anyway, hope they announce tomorrow, really tired of the waiting game. It doesn't help the chance of getting good housing for my wife and kid
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They said they had not admitted anyone off the waitlist, and they were not going to start until this Friday, so my guess is that more people accepted in R3 said yes than they originally expected. I am wondering, how many of those 10-15 will get admitted tomorrow... Will it be 10 admits tomorrow and Tuesday, and then the waitlist gets culled down to 10 people, of which 0-5 get admitted over the next two months? Will it be 7-8 admits tomorrow and Tuesday, with them anticipating that 2-3 people will drop later this summer? Aaaaahhhh.

Sounds like there are maybe 4 of us still on GC so I'm glad I'll have others to commisserate, celebrate or continue this nail biting saga with... :)

mmbma wrote:
Notice the difference, in their earlier letters, they said they had about 15 slots for WLers, and that number could change after May 23, if any R3 drop off. Now the slots are 10-15, so 0-5 were already admitted?

Anyway, hope they announce tomorrow, really tired of the waiting game. It doesn't help the chance of getting good housing for my wife and kid
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Brbbeach, I hear you. I hope they admit all 15 tomorrow, as they said in an earlier email that they hope to finalize the class by May 27. (in the last email they said they will START admitting on May 27). Good luck to you my friend! let's keep each other posted
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ok, today is the day. I am guessing if you get in you will get an actual phonecall? Or do you think another email? I wonder what time they will start releasing decisions. I hope it's all at once today, would be nice to be able to relax over the memorial weekend and celebrate!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone???!!! Anything heard today?? nothing here...still waiting
Intern
Intern
Send PM
past noon already, still no word. Did anyone get in?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q39 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Nothing here either...wait and hope some more I guess...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
well, let's hope that today, it's being sent out at the end of the day, otherwise I guess we are in the first wave of admits
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
it appears there are at least 5 ppl here remain waitlisted, probability wise, at least 2 will most likely get the offer of admission unless there's some bias to those who are active in this forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Crickets here too! I can't imagine AdCom trapped in a conference room... poring over 30 apps in excrutiating detail... Furiously debating the merit of every incremental GMAT point and interview answer... Taking turns spinning the diversity roulette wheel... Ahahaha.

I think the Tuesday wave of emails came out around this time... so maybe we'll hear something soon! Eeep. I'm glad I have a busy day at work to distract me!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  139   140   141   142   143  ...  147   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts