GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Jul 2018, 20:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 09:21
Who was your AO aksgmat800?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jul 2016
Posts: 29
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 09:24
sankrityayan wrote:
Who was your AO aksgmat800?


LL


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2015
Posts: 17
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 11:10
Did anybody receive any email asking to send them the official score directly? I wonder at what stage AO checks the official GMAT score!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2016
Posts: 8
Location: Singapore
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 2.75
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 13:12
aksgmat800 wrote:
Got the interview invite email

Indian in singapore


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congrats and good luck!
dont_give_up wrote:
Quote:
Good to see that nobody from my country got in/applied in Round 1 so far lol. Apparently at home the US bias for MBAs is severe so INSEAD isn't really sought after. All the better for me.


Where is home?

Actually with Trump at the helm this year there has been a drop of Indian candidates applying to US schools. I'd imagine this would translate to a higher applicant pool to the Euro schools from countries such as India.



Sent from my Pixel using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jan 2016
Posts: 14
Location: Germany
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 16:05
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 16:45
DrAB wrote:
Did anybody receive any email asking to send them the official score directly? I wonder at what stage AO checks the official GMAT score!!


I thought it should be current stage. I remember the school need to receive the official score before application deadline....


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Mar 2013
Posts: 2
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
GPA: 3.31
WE: Information Technology (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 17:01
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 20:22
Any reverts from IR people?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Research (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 20:33
element0378 wrote:
DrAB wrote:
Did anybody receive any email asking to send them the official score directly? I wonder at what stage AO checks the official GMAT score!!


I thought it should be current stage. I remember the school need to receive the official score before application deadline....


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

IR asked me for a copy of my scores a few days after submission because she was having problems retrieving it from GMAC. So they're looking at the scores now.

Fortunately, she said she managed to get the official scores a few days later.

Also, IR, no email yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Location: Australia
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 21:15
anirudhshastry wrote:
element0378 wrote:
DrAB wrote:
Did anybody receive any email asking to send them the official score directly? I wonder at what stage AO checks the official GMAT score!!


I thought it should be current stage. I remember the school need to receive the official score before application deadline....


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

IR asked me for a copy of my scores a few days after submission because she was having problems retrieving it from GMAC. So they're looking at the scores now.

Fortunately, she said she managed to get the official scores a few days later.

Also, IR, no email yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



so is does no news mean good news, bad news (rejected) or terrible news (waitlisted)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 May 2017
Posts: 11
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Research (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2017, 22:33
kenshinx77 wrote:

so is does no news mean good news, bad news (rejected) or terrible news (waitlisted)


It just means no news. I have friends and family who're INSEAD alumni. They received both interview and final decision emails on the last day. So I don't think it means much whether when we receive the email. Personally, my interview email, if I'm getting one, may be delayed by the fact that there are unlikely to be any alumni in my city.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 00:02
anirudhshastry wrote:
kenshinx77 wrote:

so is does no news mean good news, bad news (rejected) or terrible news (waitlisted)


It just means no news. I have friends and family who're INSEAD alumni. They received both interview and final decision emails on the last day. So I don't think it means much whether when we receive the email. Personally, my interview email, if I'm getting one, may be delayed by the fact that there are unlikely to be any alumni in my city.

So do they share the interview dates also within this email. Or do they just notify that you are shortlisted for the interview stage?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Status: CFA Charterholder
Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Posts: 17
Location: Turkey
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Research (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 00:05
asavrud wrote:
anirudhshastry wrote:
kenshinx77 wrote:

so is does no news mean good news, bad news (rejected) or terrible news (waitlisted)


It just means no news. I have friends and family who're INSEAD alumni. They received both interview and final decision emails on the last day. So I don't think it means much whether when we receive the email. Personally, my interview email, if I'm getting one, may be delayed by the fact that there are unlikely to be any alumni in my city.

So do they share the interview dates also within this email. Or do they just notify that you are shortlisted for the interview stage?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


First they send you an email indicating you are shortlisted. A few hours after they send a second email for the name of the interviewers.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 02:10
efecan wrote:
asavrud wrote:
anirudhshastry wrote:
[quote="kenshinx77"]

so is does no news mean good news, bad news (rejected) or terrible news (waitlisted)


It just means no news. I have friends and family who're INSEAD alumni. They received both interview and final decision emails on the last day. So I don't think it means much whether when we receive the email. Personally, my interview email, if I'm getting one, may be delayed by the fact that there are unlikely to be any alumni in my city.

So do they share the interview dates also within this email. Or do they just notify that you are shortlisted for the interview stage?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


First they send you an email indicating you are shortlisted. A few hours after they send a second email for the name of the interviewers.[/quote]
Thanks Efecan!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2016
Posts: 9
Location: Australia
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 02:15
Well, the wait is over for me! Just got an interview invite!!!

Stoked! Over the moon, but head down and time to prepare :)

AO JM
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2016
Posts: 8
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 02:29
YumBeeA wrote:
R1 applicants...Would you mind sharing your profiles. I will start with mine. Indian. 5+ work ex. GMAT 750. Has worked in 15 countries across 5 continents with the world's largest oil field services industry.
Also, I feel my video interview did not go well. I think, I fumbled a bit in 2 questions and was finding it difficult to focus on the camera and replying spontaneously. Do you think that can be a deal-breaker?

I have a 760. 6 years. Oil and gas. 29 years. Indian. Already a premier Indian MBA. My roles have been more in downstream and corporate. Sales marketing communication strategy that kind of stuff. Applied in round 2. Haven't heard back yet. 25 countries is so impressive. I have been in India throughout. God knows what shall happen. What did you mention as your post MBA career path. I gave some speil on leadership o&g positions and international. All the best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Location: Nigeria
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 04:59
asavrud wrote:
YumBeeA wrote:
R1 applicants...Would you mind sharing your profiles. I will start with mine. Indian. 5+ work ex. GMAT 750. Has worked in 15 countries across 5 continents with the world's largest oil field services industry.
Also, I feel my video interview did not go well. I think, I fumbled a bit in 2 questions and was finding it difficult to focus on the camera and replying spontaneously. Do you think that can be a deal-breaker?

I have a 760. 6 years. Oil and gas. 29 years. Indian. Already a premier Indian MBA. My roles have been more in downstream and corporate. Sales marketing communication strategy that kind of stuff. Applied in round 2. Haven't heard back yet. 25 countries is so impressive. I have been in India throughout. God knows what shall happen. What did you mention as your post MBA career path. I gave some speil on leadership o&g positions and international. All the best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


And this here is why I am amazed at the intellectual appetite of my Indian friends. If you don't mind, what are you looking to get out of an INSEAD MBA, given you have a premier (I assume this means a 'first-class, competitive program') Indian MBA?

And here's my profile:

740. Nigerian. 4 years of work experience at P&G and 1 year of forced (legislated) volunteer experience. All 4 years in Purchasing, with 1 (relatively fast) promotion. Sub-Saharan Africa scope (8+ countries), but mostly based in Lagos with infrequent travel.

Fingers crossed mate. I think you have an impressive profile and hope things work out!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Location: Nigeria
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 05:03
1
anirudhshastry wrote:
kenshinx77 wrote:

so is does no news mean good news, bad news (rejected) or terrible news (waitlisted)


It just means no news. I have friends and family who're INSEAD alumni. They received both interview and final decision emails on the last day. So I don't think it means much whether when we receive the email. Personally, my interview email, if I'm getting one, may be delayed by the fact that there are unlikely to be any alumni in my city.


Sure! Both my (older) friends who graduated from INSEAD did not get their invites till the last day. As an aside they also didn't get their Admission Calls until the last day!

Keep hope alive.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2015
Posts: 7
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 07:05
revelation21: Have you already been selected into Harvard buddy?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Dec 2014
Posts: 24
Location: India
Schools: IMD Jan'18 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2017, 09:02
Just received ding email from IR.

Indian with 9 year exp in Oil and Gas exploration. Currently unemployed. Prior to getting laid off, was working in Angola for 3.5 years . GMAT 710.

Good luck everyone.
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 01 Jun 2017, 09:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  38    Next  [ 752 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.