Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 16:55 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Finance
Schools: Jones '15 (I)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Jones '15 (M)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Jones (Rice) Applicants! Fall 2013 [#permalink]
rodrigomezt wrote:
tpatel5801 wrote:
rodrigomezt wrote:
Hi Texigan, could you explain how the wait list at Rice works?
I've been waitlisted at Rice but the letter do not say if I can send more information to enhance my application.

Thanks

If it's not a problem, would you mind clarifying which Round you applied and when you received your letter?

I applied on the R1 and received my letter on Dec. 7th, 2012

rodrigomezt - the protocol is to wait to send the ad com anything until they specifically ask for it. Usually they will request more information as the next round's deadline approaches. An example - McCombs asked its waitlisted R1 candidates to submit a video interview a couple of weeks ago.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
histgirl wrote:
rrossjd wrote:
Like Vandy, Emory Law saw beyond my 59th percentile LSAT score. Now a Texas attorney with a 96th percentile GMAT result, I am what so many schools want but was too stupid to see it until now. For anybody not getting into Jones, I’ll gladly be the help never present in my past. Just send me a private message.

Ha. This reminds me of a friend--- applied for PhD and rejected from Rice, UT, and Baylor. Two years later, has interviews for PhD with Columbia, Stanford, Duke, and Northwestern and was waitlisted at Rice. Goes to show the admissions process can be fairly arbitrary and you really shouldn't take it too personally.

Does your friend also have massive law school debt and prefer to stay in Houston to be close to the family he loves so dearly? If so, I’m very much similar to your friend.

If Rice Jones offers me a scholarship today, I’ll likely then decline the full-ride Vandy Owen made and potential Consortium fellowship to Yale SOM or Texas McCombs.

How does your friend intend to proceed? What would you do in such a circumstance? And, why did you ultimately select the Rice Jones School over your other options?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Has anyone been admitted from R2 yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I have. Submitted app 12/5 and admitted 1/25. MBAP evening.

V
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I interviewed Jan 23rd.... no news yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone else receive a hand-written note from your interviewer after the interview? Basically said we are here to answer any questions about your application, it was a pleasure to meet with you, appreciate your sincere interest in our program, etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jcording wrote:
Did anyone else receive a hand-written note from your interviewer after the interview? Basically said we are here to answer any questions about your application, it was a pleasure to meet with you, appreciate your sincere interest in our program, etc.

I received one within a week after interviewing too. I nearly had a heart attack when i saw a thin square envelope in the mail from Rice. I thought the fact that it was hand-written was a nice touch.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tpatel5801 wrote:
jcording wrote:

I received one within a week after interviewing too. I nearly had a heart attack when i saw a thin square envelope in the mail from Rice. I thought the fact that it was hand-written was a nice touch.

I guess its standard practice now? Have you been accepted or rejected yet? Did anyone who was accepted or rejected also receive the letter after interviewing?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jcording wrote:
I guess its standard practice now? Have you been accepted or rejected yet? Did anyone who was accepted or rejected also receive the letter after interviewing?

Maybe it is standard. The writing seemed a little scripted. I haven't received a decision yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
Send PM
Victorinox wrote:
HPmba2015 wrote:
I received an interview invite two days ago and have booked travel for a couple weeks from now.

Posted from my mobile device

same here...wrote back to inform that I am already done with the interview...yet to receive a response

Victorinox,

I noticed you have a Ding from Rice. Is that accurate? If so, do you know what went wrong? Any light you can shed will be helpful for the rest of us. I am also a little confused by the timeline Did you apply for R2 Jan 7 deadline and you already received a Ding? thanks!

I am going to throw this question to everyone who is in on this thread, In your opinion, what is the acceptance rate for the interviews. 40, 50%?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
ace312 wrote:
Victorinox wrote:
HPmba2015 wrote:
I received an interview invite two days ago and have booked travel for a couple weeks from now.

Posted from my mobile device

same here...wrote back to inform that I am already done with the interview...yet to receive a response

Victorinox,

I noticed you have a Ding from Rice. Is that accurate? If so, do you know what went wrong? Any light you can shed will be helpful for the rest of us. I am also a little confused by the timeline Did you apply for R2 Jan 7 deadline and you already received a Ding? thanks!

I am going to throw this question to everyone who is in on this thread, In your opinion, what is the acceptance rate for the interviews. 40, 50%?

I was interviewed on 1st of October when the Assoc Director of admissions was visiting India. Of the 30 resumes they received they called 4 for the interview. Even though the interview went very well, I kept procrastinating writing my essays, missed the first deadline...was about to miss the 2nd deadline (reason: complacency after 3 admits) but since my application fee was waived off...I hurriedly wrote the essays and submitted it on the 7th of Jan... 1st Feb was the deadline to submit the fees at Olin, so I started pestering the adcom (phone & email) to give me a decision before 1st of February...finally received a ding on the 31st January... I think my essays were the weakest link... not much thought or effort went into it
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[/quote]I was interviewed on 1st of October when the Assoc Director of admissions was visiting India. Of the 30 resumes they received they called 4 for the interview. Even though the interview went very well, I kept procrastinating writing my essays, missed the first deadline...was about to miss the 2nd deadline (reason: complacency after 3 admits) but since my application fee was waived off...I hurriedly wrote the essays and submitted it on the 7th of Jan... 1st Feb was the deadline to submit the fees at Olin, so I started pestering the adcom (phone & email) to give me a decision before 1st of February...finally received a ding on the 31st January... I think my essays were the weakest link... not much thought or effort went into it[/quote]

or may be they got the idea that you had other options on the table and would not consider their school seriously. I think this is the fear for a lot of schools in the 10-30 range.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Have my application submitted in the middle of December and interviewed in the early January. Still haven't heard anything from then. The waiting's killing me...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dudu wrote:
Have my application submitted in the middle of December and interviewed in the early January. Still haven't heard anything from then. The waiting's killing me...

They don't reveal the results til the end of the month.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ace312 wrote:
I was interviewed on 1st of October when the Assoc Director of admissions was visiting India. Of the 30 resumes they received they called 4 for the interview. Even though the interview went very well, I kept procrastinating writing my essays, missed the first deadline...was about to miss the 2nd deadline (reason: complacency after 3 admits) but since my application fee was waived off...I hurriedly wrote the essays and submitted it on the 7th of Jan... 1st Feb was the deadline to submit the fees at Olin, so I started pestering the adcom (phone & email) to give me a decision before 1st of February...finally received a ding on the 31st January... I think my essays were the weakest link... not much thought or effort went into it[/quote]

or may be they got the idea that you had other options on the table and would not consider their school seriously. I think this is the fear for a lot of schools in the 10-30 range.[/quote]

I doubt that :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
That's a quality problem to have my man (i.e, multiple acceptances from other schools). But I am curious how you approached jones and request them to make a decision before their deadline date, as in, What pretext did you give them? I am curious, thanks
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ace312 wrote:
That's a quality problem to have my man (i.e, multiple acceptances from other schools). But I am curious how you approached jones and request them to make a decision before their deadline date, as in, What pretext did you give them? I am curious, thanks

The truth shall set you free my friend... I told them 1st i dropped in a mail that I have to submit my fees by the 1st of Feb at another school and i don't want to do it unless I hear from Rice, Then I called them up and finally on the 31st they sent in a ding mail.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts