It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 22:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Schools: Kellogg '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Kellogg Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2015, 06:36
vandanasathpathy wrote:
gmatter780 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Congrats to all :) 26/F/Indian. Healthcare background.

1. Have all the scholarships been handed out? How does one go about applying for financial aid?

2. I can't find deposit/ deadlines/ visa related information on the Welcome site.

I've been wondering about scholarships as well. I have a killer scholarship from Anderson which complicates my decision to attend Kellogg(without $$). I'm torn. Is it okay to write to admissions asking about scholarship information? Is this frowned upon?

Hey Vandana, If I were you, I would take up Anderson. Valley + Scholarship. If you fancy valley jobs (tech, innovation, startups etc), Anderson will be better bet than K MMM. K does not have a great record of placing people in Valley. And I dont think K will match the killer scholarship. Having said that, I would leverage Anderson's scholarship to talk to K about finacial aid. Read up on P&Q or ask some students how it is done.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg '15 (A)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 20:30
Hi all - for anyone coming to DAK in a couple of weeks and looking for apartments, check out this one here. Fully furnished, recently renovated within 10 minutes walk from Kellogg. $2300 for 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, and much nicer than what you'll get for the price at McManus, etc.

Please send an email to the addresses listed in the below link if interested!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2Rjiax5LG1ZkJmZGFaUm5ESlk/view?usp=sharing

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 49

Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE: Sales (Other)
Calling all Kellogg Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2015, 20:37
For those going to DAK, what is your planned attire? Business casual? Casual?

I don't want to be overdressed, but it's better than being the only one wearing jeans. For current or past students, what was the attire during your DAK?

Because I'm paranoid, this is what I was thinking:

Thursday night: cocktail/business casual
Friday: casual/jeans
Saturday: business casual
Sunday: casual/jeans

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ― Ellie R.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 42

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 10:57
bml1105 wrote:

I don't want to be overdressed, but it's better than being the only one wearing jeans. For current or past students, what was the attire during your DAK?

I would probably avoid jeans. Maybe not necessarily to the level of business casual, but smart casual?

Executive MBA Schools and Discussions:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/all-2015-executive-mba-discussions-in-one-place-187549.html?fl=menu

Want a 6.0 on the AWA?
http://gmatclub.com/forum/how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html#p470475

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2015, 19:53
BazingAu wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

I would probably avoid jeans. Maybe not necessarily to the level of business casual, but smart casual?

I actually found this. It says its for joint ventures, but I'd guess it's the same for admits: http://kellogg.campusgroups.com/jv/dak-2013/

BazingAu, are you going to DAK?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 17

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 09:02
My K-Bud mentioned that most people would be wearing Jeans so wear what you are comfy in .Apart from the winter gear , I ll carry a Jacket for Sat night but I ain't suiting up.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2015, 06:13
Hello fellow Kelloggmen, I was wondering if anyone is planning to pursue an extension on the tuition deposit deadline? The reason is the usual, obvious one - waiting for R2 - but does anyone have any experience in approaching this discussion and what are my chances of getting an extension thru end of March?
Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2015, 11:39
EndGame wrote:
My K-Bud mentioned that most people would be wearing Jeans so wear what you are comfy in .Apart from the winter gear , I ll carry a Jacket for Sat night but I ain't suiting up.

As a lady, I know we have some extra options that make things more difficult than guys. I also asked my K-Bud and she said smart casual for most days and then she wore a dress and blazer for Saturday.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 14:44
bml1105 wrote:

Sort of. I already started classes (J-term), and I'll be on campus this weekend Friday-Sunday. I'm sure we'll be cross-mingling. :-D

http://gmatclub.com/forum/all-2015-executive-mba-discussions-in-one-place-187549.html?fl=menu

Want a 6.0 on the AWA?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 17:24
BazingAu wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Sort of. I already started classes (J-term), and I'll be on campus this weekend Friday-Sunday. I'm sure we'll be cross-mingling. :-D

Oooh how do you like it so far? Are you from Chicago or did you have to find housing?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2015, 18:10
bml1105 wrote:
BazingAu wrote:
bml1105 wrote:

Oooh how do you like it so far? Are you from Chicago or did you have to find housing?

How's DAK?? School is great. Everyone is very accomplished and very supportive. The EMBA is required to stay on campus during school days, so we have housing here.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Want a 6.0 on the AWA?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 08:24
So after DAK, who is definitely going to Kellogg??

I am!!!!! :banana

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 14:25
bml1105 wrote:

me too . unless stanford calls :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 03:49
bml1105 wrote:

How was it? Really hoping for positive news from Kellogg on March 25 and then I can say I'm joining you!! :-D

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 22

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 12:28
EndGame wrote:

F*** Stanford. Kellogg is where the party is at lol

SC29 wrote:

How was it? Really hoping for positive news from Kellogg on March 25 and then I can say I'm joining you!! :-D

It was a lot of fun. Definitely overwhelming in a good way. It was helpful for me because I talked with a lot of students that had turned down scholarships at other places, and they confirmed my doubts that I don't want to go to a school just because of money. I want to go a place that I think I'll thrive in. For me, that's definitely Kellogg.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 16:21
bml1105 wrote:
EndGame wrote:

SC29 wrote:

It was a lot of fun. Definitely overwhelming in a good way. It was helpful for me because I talked with a lot of students that had turned down scholarships at other places, and they confirmed my doubts that I don't want to go to a school just because of money. I want to go a place that I think I'll thrive in. For me, that's definitely Kellogg.

Haha.. Sure the DAK was so fun. I got along with so many people I met. And I agree kellogg is a total party school. Friday night was fun and sat night was raging lol. Specially the after party !!!
Trying to rank my Kwest destinations at the moment.. do you have your list yet????

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 20:14
EndGame wrote:
bml1105 wrote:
EndGame wrote:

SC29 wrote:

Haha.. Sure the DAK was so fun. I got along with so many people I met. And I agree kellogg is a total party school. Friday night was fun and sat night was raging lol. Specially the after party !!!
Trying to rank my Kwest destinations at the moment.. do you have your list yet????

I haven't ranked them yet, but I definitely have my ten. I'm looking for Central/South America along with the Mystery and Amazing Race trip. I'm actually not a big partier at all, so I need some trips that have a mixture of activity, lounging and drinking. The Europe ones would probably kill me lol.

What about you?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 21:23
Trying to rank my Kwest destinations at the moment.. do you have your list yet????[/quote]

I haven't ranked them yet, but I definitely have my ten. I'm looking for Central/South America along with the Mystery and Amazing Race trip. I'm actually not a big partier at all, so I need some trips that have a mixture of activity, lounging and drinking. The Europe ones would probably kill me lol.

What about you?[/quote]

Well, I have about four so far. And Europe does figure on my list .I could never get enough of Europe and I have a decent appetite for partying :twisted: . I hear that most people get one of their top 3.So we are in luck .

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2015, 11:58
EndGame wrote:

Well, I have about four so far. And Europe does figure on my list .I could never get enough of Europe and I have a decent appetite for partying :twisted: . I hear that most people get one of their top 3.So we are in luck .

Also, if you are a Southwest pro, you have an advantage. Some people told me, you need to have your list ready to be inputted as soon as it opens up. Then you'll get one of the highly sought after trips.

I'm really into the Mystery and Amazing Race trips, but I'm afraid that they'll choose one of the few places I've already been. Ackkkk the decisions.

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2015, 13:29
bml1105 wrote:
EndGame wrote:

Also, if you are a Southwest pro, you have an advantage. Some people told me, you need to have your list ready to be inputted as soon as it opens up. Then you'll get one of the highly sought after trips.

I'm really into the Mystery and Amazing Race trips, but I'm afraid that they'll choose one of the few places I've already been. Ackkkk the decisions.

Treu that . I heard that The mystery one was a big hit last year. A bunch of people were talking about it at the KWEST fair. But then it could be anything you know.. and I dont wanna be Kwesting in say Austin ! Simply coz I go there every other weekend and more so coz i have my heart set on a few places. :P

Re: Calling all Kellogg Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)   [#permalink] 13 Feb 2015, 13:29

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 81 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Accepted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017)

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap