It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 13:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton (R1), MIT (R1), Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2)
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2009, 21:16
I'll be @ Kellogg on 23rd-Feb (monday) for the interview. Anyone else visiting Kellogg the same day?
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2009, 12:03
Here's to R2's hopefully starting to find stuff out next week. Anyone here have an interview scheduled for later than Feb 23, or heard of someone who does?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2009, 12:47
Please add me to R2.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke, Darden (i/v-ed, withdrawn),Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2009, 13:09
bostonsparky wrote:
Here's to R2's hopefully starting to find stuff out next week. Anyone here have an interview scheduled for later than Feb 23, or heard of someone who does?

Mine is definitely after Feb 23rd, because my alum interviewer is returning from his trip on 23rd.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2009, 00:33
Hi River, I will be there on 23-Feb Monday and would like to attend a class. I saw a few messages from you earlier about Prof. Hennessey, Prof. Rebelo and Prof. Mazzeo. Do suggest an interesting class that I can attend.

Will you be available sometime on monday. My interview is in the morning and I will be there until 4pm when I head to the airport.

Thanks a lot
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 13:44
One acceptance call reported on BW.

Good luck everyone!

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 15:51
I'm disappointed guys, you're all supposed to be freaking out now! :lol: :lol: :(

Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 16:04
rca215 wrote:
I'm disappointed guys, you're all supposed to be freaking out now! :lol: :lol: :(

lol I am not freaking out because

1. My app went complete only last week.
2. I don't trust BW forums. :lol:
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 17:58
mba07 wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Same here in both instances, brother, but that doesn't mean I'm not checking my status repeatedly for the prophetic "official transcripts requested" message! :)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 18:25
rca215 wrote:
mba07 wrote:
rca215 wrote:

Same here in both instances, brother, but that doesn't mean I'm not checking my status repeatedly for the prophetic "official transcripts requested" message! :)

So, is that a mandatory check before the admit? I thought it would be a part of their background check.
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 18:35
mba07 wrote:
So, is that a mandatory check before the admit? I thought it would be a part of their background check.

Your lack of paranoid obsession is impressive! What I mean is that, assuming you know of the "check application status" site that Kellogg provides, I've read that a change in your "status" to something along the lines of "please send your official transcripts" means that an acceptance call is imminent. On the contrary, an "application status unknown" status change is predictive of a forthcoming rejection. Of course, these may be admissions folklore, but mythology is the only thing I've got at this point.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 18:45
rca215 wrote:
mba07 wrote:

Your lack of paranoid obsession is impressive! What I mean is that, assuming you know of the "check application status" site that Kellogg provides, I've read that a change in your "status" to something along the lines of "please send your official transcripts" means that an acceptance call is imminent. On the contrary, an "application status unknown" status change is predictive of a forthcoming rejection. Of course, these may be admissions folklore, but mythology is the only thing I've got at this point.

Oh I see. I haven't checked my status since I got the "All required elements are complete" message. I think Kellogg calls its admits anyways. So, I am not going to check anything until I get that call. May be I'll just check my status every 2 weeks to make sure things aren't wrong. :)

Good luck with F5ing. :P
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 18:56
mba07 wrote:
rca215 wrote:
mba07 wrote:

Oh I see. I haven't checked my status since I got the "All required elements are complete" message. I think Kellogg calls its admits anyways. So, I am not going to check anything until I get that call. May be I'll just check my status every 2 weeks to make sure things aren't wrong. :)

Good luck with F5ing. :P

I admire your fortitude! Meanwhile, my index finger will be worn to the bone as my keyboard develops a blank space between F4 and F6. :oops: :lol:

(And I have read of instances of acceptances sans call.)

Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2009, 20:44
so i just got back from kellogg visit..and here is some news for you all...i spoke with the associate admissions director and she said R2 application volume was down by 10-12% from last year..and that they were'nt expecting such a drop in R2 volume.

I guess this is good news for the R1 W/Lers... as for decisions notification she said its all on a rolling basis, i.e when your application went complete. She also urged all W/Ler to email her expressing their interest to be still considered, she mentioned she would take this as a very positive sign that you are interested in coming to kellogg.

as for my campus visit, well bascially 2001 sheridan rd visit..thats what they mean by campus tour..haha but i did sit in one of those competitive strategy classes and i gotta say it was fun, the students are simply A-grade..very open and helpful, love that all welcoming feel, the prof was interesting, not the sharpest i have seen but he was someone my age and seemed easy to work with.

as for second year recruitment..well i met 3 people, 2 got jobs in I-Banking, one of them at goldman..and it head already gotten to her head..the 3rd guy was still looking ..so based on this very rough data, R2 placement is at 66% in I-banking.. i also met with 2 2nd years who were going to MC and they seemed excited to inform that most of their friends in MC got offers..so MC placement at Kellogg looks very solid this year!

Overall Kellogg has a very weak program in Social Enterprise and Non-Profit..so now I am seriously debating applying to Yale!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 01:29
FN wrote:
so i just got back from kellogg visit..and here is some news for you all...i spoke with the associate admissions director and she said R2 application volume was down by 10-12% from last year..and that they were'nt expecting such a drop in R2 volume.!

Are you sure the didn't mean down from round 1? The people I spoke with said there was a drop from r1 applications but still more applications than there were in r2 of last year.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 06:40
OK, so here is the thing, initially she implied that the R2 applicants were down from R1..which is true..i asked her to clarify the percentage and drill down into details, if it is down from R2 from last year..and finally she said its down from last year as well.
3 KUDOS received
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 09:05
This post received
KUDOS
So I just did my campus visit yesterday - good times!
Highlights:
- I went to three classes: Finance 1 w/ a swedish-y professor, Marketing Mgmt w/ Hennessey, Financial Decision Making w/ a prof that plays in a rock band. They did the Tivo case in the Marketing class and it was pretty entertaining - the prof was funny, the students enagaged. The Finance 1 class was interesting - it had about 15 students (5 or so were participating, w/ another 5 playing on facebook) but the prof was interesting and kinda funny. The Financial Decision Making class was about 45 students or so, with part of your grade coming from participation. There was a guy in there who kept raising his hand w/ the most asinine questions/comments - you could tell his classmates were pretty annoyed with him. Also randomly, that class had only 5 or so girls in it. I think since it's an elective, there was a less forced guy-girl ratio.
- Went on the campus tour in the afternoon. It was literally walking around the Kellogg building :P The tour guide did offer some details about KWEST, GIM, lockers, etc. so a lot of that random stuff was good to hear.
- Ate lunch w/ a current 2yr student in the healthcare club. She was super nice, talked v openly about her experiences at Kellogg, what she wished was different, how she made her decision to go there, etc. She mentioned that everything at Kellogg is student-run but now the KSA is working w/ the university looking to try and get students help w/ things like meal-ordering for events, etc since apparently it can be a hassle negotiating delivery/cost w/ Panera/etc. She also mentioned that at her internship, Kellogg students did a lot better than their fellow interns and had the highest number of full-time offers. She thinks it's because the Kellogg students did a better job of networking within the company, creating task forces, and worked better in groups.
- Met FN!
- Met Canadians! I met Canadians at the TG. Some were current students (mix of 1st and 2nd years), 2 were prospectives. The current students were all super-nice dudes, all pretty much said across the board that they're enjoying their time at Kellogg. On a more serious note, they are having a hard time finding full-time offers in the US. They're looking in Canada but there are fewer jobs available there and the salaries are apparently not as high. A couple of them that are Asian-Canadian are also looking for jobs in India/Japan/etc.
- Went to a WBA chat in the late afternoon. Turned out to be the only really boring part of the day. The chat was mostly these prospective girls asking about whether people's boyfriends/husbands moved with them to school and how to ask them to move. The two girls there from the WBA tried really hard to change the topic, but those girls were just super aggressive so no luck. But on a plus, I now know how to ask a boyfriend/husband to move to school with you. :P
- They don't have a locker room in the building but do have a changing room by the CMC. The changing room also has a steam press.
- Space is an issue. Apparently it's common to run out of space to sit during lunch and people just get creative with where to sit, how to save seats, etc.
- Their adcom said that they thought R2 applications were up - not as much as R1 but still up.
- Someone asked me to see what kinds of bags people were carrying - seemed the guys mostly had backpacks or nice messenger bags, girls had backpacks (some w/ purse) or these huge tote purses.

So overall, it was a good day. The students were really nice, welcoming and willing to answer questions.
If I think of more stuff, I'll add it to this :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 09:35
[quote="isa"]So I just did my campus visit yesterday - good times!
That class also had the cutest guy I've ever met in any of my bschool visits.

But on a plus, I now know how to ask a boyfriend/husband to move to school with you. :P
quote]

Well with that cutest guy ever in that class, you won't need that skill I quoted since he's already in school there.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 09:47
Nice write up isa. Good luck with your decision!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2009, 11:38
isa wrote:
- Their adcom said that they thought R2 applications were up - not as much as R1 but still up.
- Someone asked me to see what kinds of bags people were carrying - seemed the guys mostly had backpacks or nice messenger bags, girls had backpacks (some w/ purse) or these huge tote purses.

So overall, it was a good day. The students were really nice, welcoming and willing to answer questions.
If I think of more stuff, I'll add it to this :)

ISA i asked the adcom explicitly later to clarify what she said, since her initial answer seemed "high-level".. so she later told me that R2 applicant volume was actually down compared to last year..she said last year they had more people applying in R2 last year..than this year..but also typically they used to get most of their applicants in R2 but this year it seemed to her people applied earlier into R1..
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2009, 11:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  95   96   97   98   99  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap