It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 10:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2009, 19:08
monkbent wrote:
mba07 wrote:
Is any of the R2 applicants still getting this message? I submitted on Jan 12 but my status page has been showing the same message since.
Should I email admissions?

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

Same here, although there's a link to my interview waiver below that.

It now says "All the required elements of your application are complete..."

http://bent.tw

Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 12:34
I was up there to interview on Friday, and all I can say is man were there a lot of DAK people. Seemed like the school was just insanely crowded. I also had a great time on campus. I really enjoyed the students and liked the fact that I didn't meet one single person who was pursuing a career in Finance. Of course there are people, but banking is certainly not the hottest career choice. Although I did attend Professor Stowell's class and thought it was outstanding. Great experience overall.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Johnson

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 12:58
Hi all,

I was reviewing my app for forthcoming interview and noticed a grammar error in one case and an absent word (lost in zeal of size reduction!)

Does anyone know how bad is this?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 13:00
rscricket wrote:
Hi all,

I was reviewing my app for forthcoming interview and noticed a grammar error in one case and an absent word (lost in zeal of size reduction!)

Obviously not ideal, but not going to make a difference. Anyway, its water under the bridge!
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 19:13
rscricket wrote:
Hi all,

I wouldn't worry about it. My Kellogg essays had a grammatical error (I wrote access where I meant assess...oops), and it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I think as long as the errors are few and far between it won't hurt you.

jb32 - from my experience visiting in October, Jacobs is kind of crowded even when there aren't 230 or so DAK people added to the mix. They are planning to build a new building, which I would imagine will be bigger, but that won't be ready until after we've all graduated.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 19:39
Jerz wrote:
- from my experience visiting in October, Jacobs is kind of crowded even when there aren't 230 or so DAK people added to the mix. They are planning to build a new building, which I would imagine will be bigger, but that won't be ready until after we've all graduated.

New building is going to have double the space for students...its going to be huge from what they have told us. Chances are it wont be done by the time you guys graduate but it all depends how fast it goes, you could do a semester or two in it. Rooms arent that crowded usually, since they dont book every seat...the only get crowded when 6+ applicants try to squeeze in and during winter when every single person has huge coats stuffed all over the room. I never have a hard time finding places to eat or hang out...group rooms are the only issue and you figure out how it works pretty quickly. Study rooms in McMannus are great for evening meetings, they are closer to where most people live, and usually arent hard to get. If you want to book at lunch time or 5pm, group rooms need to be booked well in advance. Set up a group time that meets every week and always block that out or it becomes a mess to figure out schedules. Unfortunately, 2nd years have it down so 1st semester can be challenging as you learn the ropes.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Fuqua, MIT SLoan

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2009, 22:12
Well, Kellogg has decided to waive my interview. I don't know if thats good or bad. I'll just wait till I hear from them again.
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2009, 14:12
Am I the only person left with "When Part II of the application is submitted" message on the application status page?

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Current Student
Schools: Stanford

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 03:20
rca215 wrote:
Am I the only person left with "When Part II of the application is submitted" message on the application status page?

I also have the same status message. I completed my interview assignment yesterday, and my interviewer said he will submit the report within one week.

May be then, my file will become complete and will be submitted for review.

Good Luck.

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 07:24
Interviewed yesterday. The students at Kellogg seemed really happy and collaborative. The feel of the place is very positive. My interview was mediocre. I am not too happy with it (but it wasn't a disaster, either).
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 08:13
appukutty wrote:
rca215 wrote:

I also have the same status message. I completed my interview assignment yesterday, and my interviewer said he will submit the report within one week.

May be then, my file will become complete and will be submitted for review.

Good Luck.

Mine only changed this week, and I had my interview back in Jan.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 15:57
intrinsicreality wrote:
Well, Kellogg has decided to waive my interview. I don't know if thats good or bad. I'll just wait till I hear from them again.

I and several others have been admitted through an interview waiver - you can look at some pages back to read about our experiences.

I think it really doesn't affect your chances.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 18:13
Gil wrote:
intrinsicreality wrote:

I and several others have been admitted through an interview waiver - you can look at some pages back to read about our experiences.

Didn't they interview you via phone or something? I thought they always interviewed admits one way or another.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg School of Management

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2009, 20:02
riverripper wrote:
Gil wrote:
intrinsicreality wrote:

Didn't they interview you via phone or something? I thought they always interviewed admits one way or another.

I'm not sure if its always the case, but all the waived candidates I know, including myself, were eventually interviewed by phone.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 07:30
Gil wrote:
I'm not sure if its always the case, but all the waived candidates I know, including myself, were eventually interviewed by phone.

No a lot of people who get waivers dont end up getting interviews. So to get in they have to set up the interview post waiver.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 07:43
riverripper wrote:
Gil wrote:

No a lot of people who get waivers dont end up getting interviews. So to get in they have to set up the interview post waiver.

Yep, and the flip side of that is that those people that get waivers and aren't interviewed by phone are dinged. Happened to a friend a couple of years ago...

http://bent.tw

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 07:45
Any idea when people might start getting calls from admissions?
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 08:04
OhThatMBA wrote:

Last year for R2 the calls started right after DAK, but DAK was a week later. So if the timing stays consistent from last year, the first calls could start next week.

Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg '10

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 08:07
Jerz wrote:
OhThatMBA wrote:

Last year for R2 the calls started right after DAK, but DAK was a week later. So if the timing stays consistent from last year, the first calls could start next week.

Any thoughts on a minimum period of time between interview and decision? For instance, were the people who got calls immediately post-DAK interviewed on or before the Part II deadline?

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2009, 08:38
How bout the waitlist (sorry if this was covered elsewhere)? When do they start taking ppl off that? I'm guessing mid-March, but who knows?

I guess this is directed at River, but do you have a sense of how many ppl they WL and how many eventually get in off the WL? Thanks a lot!
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2009, 08:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  94   95   96   97   98  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap