It is currently 20 Jan 2018, 05:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 171 [0], given: 20

Schools: Ross 2012
WE 1: 5 Years at Fortune 50 Company in Manufacturing
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 14:54
balki1867 wrote:
Hey all, I just got the admit call for the MMM program today!

I was WLed in R1.

Just a tip for all of you people still waiting -- it's somewhat a complete crapshoot. I was dinged w/o interview at Ross, HBS and Sloan.

Looks like you have the Winning numbers, Congrats!!!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 171 [0], given: 20

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg (R2), UCLA (R2)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 15:08
Go the ding email today :(
Now part time MBA looks good to me.

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 16:27
balki1867 wrote:
Hey all, I just got the admit call for the MMM program today!

I was WLed in R1.

Just a tip for all of you people still waiting -- it's somewhat a complete crapshoot. I was dinged w/o interview at Ross, HBS and Sloan.

I hear yaa man....Congrats on your admit though.....I'm MMM as well

Current Student

Schools: Cornell Johnson School

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 18:43
Question for Round 2 applicants whose decisions are still pending.

Does your online status indicate "COMPLETE" ?

I just came across a Kellogg Admissions blog

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Pro ... sions.aspx

Because we have completed processing of ALL Round 2 applications this means that we assume that all of your applications are complete. Therefore, it is important you check your application status to ensure your status shows “COMPLETE.”

My online application status is:

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

Anyone else who has already interviewed Round 2 showing the same online application status as me?

Current Student

Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:16
wonderhaven,

I would call them and ask. This happened with a friend of mine who applied to Kellogg two years back. Since his status did now show as 'COMPLETE' well into March he called them only to find out that they had not entered his application/file in their online system properly which meant that his file had not even been reviewed up until that point. Once they took care of it, he got an admit call within a week.

Hope that helps.

wonderhaven wrote:

Because we have completed processing of ALL Round 2 applications this means that we assume that all of your applications are complete. Therefore, it is important you check your application status to ensure your status shows “COMPLETE.”

After Part II of your application has been submitted, the next update will confirm whether or not all application materials have been received. Due to the high volume of applications that are submitted near the application deadline, please allow several weeks of process time for our staff to match all materials sent under separate cover and to verify all required items have arrived. As applications are processed daily, we recommend periodically checking the status between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday.

Anyone else who has already interviewed Round 2 showing the same online application status as me?

Last edited by shayne on 11 Mar 2009, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:17
wonderhaven wrote:

Nope - I'd call.

http://bent.tw

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 5

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:30
** edit

Last edited by ashaker on 11 Mar 2009, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton, Kellogg, MIT

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:33
ashaker wrote:
This is worrying me. I have not heard anything from them after my interview on Jan 15th. Where are you checking the online status ? I dont see anything except the submit confirmation on my PART II application..?
Should I call as well ?

Should I be worried that my application showed the following before I even interviewed? How could it be complete w/o interview?

"All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been rendered, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round. "

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:51
ashaker wrote:
This is worrying me. I have not heard anything from them after my interview on Jan 15th. Where are you checking the online status ? I dont see anything except the submit confirmation on my PART II application..?
Should I call as well ?

You should have gotten a logon and password at somepoint...sometimes it goes to spam. I would dig through your mail box to find that stuff.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 19:55
God, this is so confusing..I interviewed on 4th Feb off campus and my application status all along has been- "This application has been submitted."

After a ding from LBS without even an interview I only have Kellogg to wait for. Wish I had applied to more schools now!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 20:02
riverripper wrote:
ashaker wrote:
Should I call as well ?

You should have gotten a logon and password at somepoint...sometimes it goes to spam. I would dig through your mail box to find that stuff.

ripper..thanks ! nearly panicked there ! my status is showing the same

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been rendered, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round.

should i panic ?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2009, 23:51
ashaker wrote:

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been rendered, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round.

should i panic ?

ashaker, You have nothing to panic with this status showing. Everyone's status shows this after/before interview. I think my status changed to this sometime October and was the same till Jan 7th. (notification date)

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 1

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 02:14
yellowjacket wrote:
ashaker wrote:

********* i panic ?

ashaker, You have nothing to panic with this status showing. Everyone's status shows this after/before interview. I think my status changed to this sometime October and was the same till Jan 7th. (notification date)

Ditto on that. Mine went complete well before I interviewed. Some go complete afterwards. Nothing to worry about.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 18

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 96 [1], given: 15

Schools: Kellogg '10

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 04:21
This post received
KUDOS
dp122008 wrote:
ashaker wrote:
Should I call as well ?

Should I be worried that my application showed the following before I even interviewed? How could it be complete w/o interview?

"All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been rendered, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Decisions will be released throughout the round, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last several weeks of the round. "

Mine still says that and I have been accepted, so don't sweat it.

edit: Actually, it just changed, about 20 hours after getting in.

http://www.fantasticcontraption.com

Kudos [?]: 96 [1], given: 15

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Schools: Kellogg '11

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 05:53
rca215 wrote:
Mine still says that and I have been accepted, so don't sweat it.

edit: Actually, it just changed, about 20 hours after getting in.

Yup my status changed about 24 hours after getting the call.

Kudos [?]: 204 [0], given: 31

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 08:09
Thanks everyone, for allaying my fears.. !

This waiting is getting to be unbearable though..hope to hear from them soon...

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Schools: Fuqua '11

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 08:23
ashaker wrote:

I hear you on that, bigtime. Especially since I interviewed back in Jan....I get the idea that they've looked at my app at least once or twice already, and that it's one of those right on the bubble.

R2 admissions: Giving new meaning to the term "March Madness"

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 10:30
bostonsparky wrote:
ashaker wrote:

I hear you on that, bigtime. Especially since I interviewed back in Jan....I get the idea that they've looked at my app at least once or twice already, and that it's one of those right on the bubble.

R2 admissions: Giving new meaning to the term "March Madness"

My app is probably in a similar state. I interviewed before Christmas. :(

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Schools: Stanford

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 11:15
I just discovered a fiasco in my Kellogg application.

In the additional information section I had written

"I will complete short courses on Statistics and Microeconomics before I matriculate at "Stanford" in Aug 09"

:(

How much is the damage? While I dont think it will be a sole reason for a ding, yet this comes in the very last section of the application, and all the sheen of a good application is lost by this mistake!!! A Kellogg dream has started seeming a little too far.......

Any views?

Most often people reject your dreams not because of the impossibility of the dream itself, but because of their inability to visualize in the same grandness as you do. So, where does that leave you? A less than stellar communicator?

Current Student

Schools: Cornell Johnson School

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2009, 11:16
thank you - shayne and monkbent

Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2009, 11:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  105   106   107   108   109  ...  115    Next  [ 2299 posts ] 

Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap