Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:HBS Class of 2011
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
Congrats familyman!

Very nice post to help everyone calm some nerves :wink:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)
Send PM
thx rivers!

good luck on your finals!!
Current Student
Schools:INSEAD Jan09 (matriculating), HBS (R1 dinged), Wharton(R1 dinged), Columbia Jan09 (dinged), Kellogg (dinged)
Send PM
familyman wrote:
Here goes (the pessimism and paranoia on this thread isn't doing justice to its participants):

I was admitted to Kellogg on Wednesday, and posted it on Admissions411 (first admit on their, I guess). I've been checking in on GMAT Club occasionally through the application process, but haven't posted (I understand that I won't be part of the admit statistics for the club).

I'm very excited about the admit, and can't wait for the rest of you to join me in the relief (whether the admit is here or elsewhere). There are plenty of qualified people on this thread and I'm sure there will be quite a few more admissions stories to follow!

For those of you that are interested, I submitted Part I on 9/17, Interviewed w/ an alum on 10/16, submitted on 10/17. My last name begins with L, and my blood type is O-.

As for the admissions experience:

I received an email Wednesday morning from the adcom requesting a copy of my official GMAT be emailed or faxed to them, I hadn't sent this before hand (only self-reported on the application). I didn't want to think too much of it at the time and was hoping it didn't mean that my application hadn't even been looked at.

[DON'T READ THIS PART IF YOU WANT TO AVOID ADDED OBSESSION OVER THIS PROCESS]
After emailing it to them, I decided to look on last year's thread to see if this had happened to anyone. I didn't read any specific instances, but saw that several times people had a phrase ["...if you have not submitted official copies of your transcript(s), you must mail them to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible..."] added to their online status just prior to being admitted. I decided that I would check my status and saw this phrase added to the bottom. This was Wednesday at about 12:00 pm MST. At that point, I was heavily suspicious.

[OK TO READ AGAIN]
When I saw a call from an unknown number at 2:28 pm MST, I was pretty sure what was going to happen. Unfortunately all the preludes had eliminated some of the overwhelming elation that I might have experienced. Nonetheless, I was thrilled when she told me of my acceptance. Also, they are providing admitted students with their username and password over the phone this year, so you can access the website immediately after the call.

DAK is scheduled for 2/6-2/8, and I hope that many more of you can join me there.

Finally, I'll post to the Profiles Page so that those of you who put too much emphasis on stats can be satisfied. Seriously, though, I think stats had much less to do with my admit than strong career progression, and good essays that were thoroughly devoted to my interest in Kellogg.

Best of luck...

congrats familyman!

nice to know that there is a trojan fighting on at kellogg already and... BEAT THE BRUINS!!

-will
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, International Business
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
Congrats familyman.

I bet there will be some people here who get admitted next week.

Good luck to all.

Also, I do not suggest reading over your application again (I found a mistake in my essays). Devastating.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Congrats familyman! Glad to see the first GMATClub admit!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 481 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
irishspring wrote:
Congrats familyman.

I bet there will be some people here who get admitted next week.

Good luck to all.

Also, I do not suggest reading over your application again (I found a mistake in my essays). Devastating.

Maybe you should call the adcom and resubmit your essay. I'm sure they'll be impressed by your confidence to correct a mistake.

Seriously though, chill out. What is worrying going to get you? You've done everything you can do, and put your best effort forward. It's incredibly competitive, your story will likely matter more than a typo here or there. There's more in play than just stats and spelling, so just try to calm yourself and wait for a response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
familyman wrote:
Here goes (the pessimism and paranoia on this thread isn't doing justice to its participants):

I was admitted to Kellogg on Wednesday, and posted it on Admissions411 (first admit on their, I guess). I've been checking in on GMAT Club occasionally through the application process, but haven't posted (I understand that I won't be part of the admit statistics for the club).

I'm very excited about the admit, and can't wait for the rest of you to join me in the relief (whether the admit is here or elsewhere). There are plenty of qualified people on this thread and I'm sure there will be quite a few more admissions stories to follow!

For those of you that are interested, I submitted Part I on 9/17, Interviewed w/ an alum on 10/16, submitted on 10/17. My last name begins with L, and my blood type is O-.

Truncated....

Congrats familyman!!! this is such good news!

Thank you for sharing your experiences and insights! Lastly good luck to everyone on the quest to join Kellogg (me included of course :P )!
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Congrats familyman! Thanks for sharing the info, it's good to know the decision process has officially begun.
Current Student
Send PM
Congrats familyman! Thanks for sharing your news :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Concentration: CPG Marketing
Schools:R1: HBS(A), Kellogg(A), Michigan(A), Duke(A), Wharton(D)
 Q47  V41
Send PM
Congrats Familyman! Thanks for the info!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Congrats familyman.

Note the admitted students portal actually works now too...the next two weeks should be busy.
Current Student
Send PM
another week ahead of us.

good luck guys!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
Do the adcom inform the people who are denied or they are only calling the admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
llest wrote:
Do the adcom inform the people who are denied or they are only calling the admitted students?

I think kellogg's adcom is probably one of the busiest, they have thousands of applicants each year and yet they try to interview everyone.

given this amount of burden on the staff, I highly doubt the adcom would have the spare time to call denied students...
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
boOmasta wrote:
llest wrote:

I think kellogg's adcom is probably one of the busiest, they have thousands of applicants each year and yet they try to interview everyone.

given this amount of burden on the staff, I highly doubt the adcom would have the spare time to call denied students...

Does anyone know if you are waitlisted or denied if your online status is updated on a rolling basis, or do they wait until the final decision day to do that?

Good luck this week everyone!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Tuck
 Q45  V40
Send PM
jlola21 wrote:
boOmasta wrote:
llest wrote:

Does anyone know if you are waitlisted or denied if your online status is updated on a rolling basis, or do they wait until the final decision day to do that?

That's what I was asking. I didn't explain myself well enough :)
Current Student
Send PM
jlola21 wrote:

From what I can gather, the 'deny' decisions aren't released until the final decision day...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  34   35   36   37   38  ...  115   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts