Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:48 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:Ross R2
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: Investment Banking
WE 2: Private Equity
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Tuck Class of 2012
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! [#permalink]
milias wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:
ezekiel2517 wrote:
Ding for me. Tuck, here I come.

how did you find out?

I'm thinking probably through the status checker or email.

Yup, I got an email to check my status.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
GoBruins wrote:
So for all those that say Interview doesn't matter, I think I can prove it does, (at least for marginal candidates).

First year, Great Interview, 3 classes in on my masters, mostly engineering/technical background, waitlist.

Second Year, Bad Interview with adcom, finished my masters, strong lead roles at my company with project and certification blah blah blah... Ding.

What really sucks is that as a reapp, the Interview was optional.

I'm really sorry to hear GoBruins. Half the reason I keep checking this board is in the hope that you would get accepted...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
tihor wrote:
yup process really sucks....im surprised students over the years havent done anything about this after they get in....some sort of activism to change the decision release process...

Once you're in, you don't much care :twisted:

jk (well, kind of). Agree it sucks...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
monkbent wrote:
tihor wrote:
yup process really sucks....im surprised students over the years havent done anything about this after they get in....some sort of activism to change the decision release process...

I'm with monkbent on this one. Once you're in there's not a lot of incentive to improve the admissions process. The student-led energy is mostly directed at actions that benefit students - and overall the admissions system pretty much works. Classes are filled, and with the quality of students who come here there's no burning platform to change the process. Yes the waiting is stressful, but then again so is business school. Recruiting is in many ways just as stressful and apparently arbitrary as admissions.

Besides, there's two sides to every position. You could also argue that it's more fair to let people know about the decision as soon as it's made rather than wait until an arbitrary decision date. Sort of a hybrid model where you don't release on a truly rolling basis so you can get a good sense of the applicant pool before making a decision on a candidate, but to the extent possible are still releasing decisions as they're made and not just sitting on them.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V42
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
monkbent wrote:
tihor wrote:

I'm with monkbent on this one. Once you're in there's not a lot of incentive to improve the admissions process. The student-led energy is mostly directed at actions that benefit students - and overall the admissions system pretty much works. Classes are filled, and with the quality of students who come here there's no burning platform to change the process. Yes the waiting is stressful, but then again so is business school. Recruiting is in many ways just as stressful and apparently arbitrary as admissions.

Besides, there's two sides to every position. You could also argue that it's more fair to let people know about the decision as soon as it's made rather than wait until an arbitrary decision date. Sort of a hybrid model where you don't release on a truly rolling basis so you can get a good sense of the applicant pool before making a decision on a candidate, but to the extent possible are still releasing decisions as they're made and not just sitting on them.

well thinking about it more, i would probably not do much too, if i were a student...and yes there is a benefit to the combined rolling/date approach....anyway...fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:LBS(R2) Interview, Kellogg(R2) Admit
WE 1: Hi-Tech
Send PM
tihor wrote:

well thinking about it more, i would probably not do much too, if i were a student...and yes there is a benefit to the combined rolling/date approach....anyway...fingers crossed![/quote][/quote]

Although it's a pain to wait, this process gives a lot more time for us to plan finances and make choices, if any!
I submitted my application only 15 minutes before the deadline and so i tell myself the school would process "first come first serve"! One stupid way to keep myself calm :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Any news today?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Wharton (WL), Booth (WL), Kellogg (WL), Ross (ding)
GPA: 3.75
WE 1: public accounting
Send PM
too early for central time...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey all...new to the chat so wanted to introduce myself...applied to kellogg round 2 and anxiously waiting....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone... I wanted to introduce myself as well... R2 applicant, waiting for the decision... :P
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Several people have already reported admits on BW. How come there're no admits on here yet? Can't let BW beat us!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
There have also been a few dings on BW. It is comforting to know that no news is no news.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Kellogg def wins for most frustrating process..lol. HBS depresses you in one day...MIT picks two day to either depress you or give you hope(or an invite) and kellogg cant even reject or accept more than 3 people a day.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V42
Send PM
for i = 1 to infinity
{check: inbox
check: spam
check: gmatclub
check: bw
check: cellphone}
end
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance & Entreprenuerial Management
Schools:Wharton Class of 2012 w/ fellowship
GPA: 3.4 - Top 5 UG
Send PM
kerm wrote:
Kellogg def wins for most frustrating process..lol. HBS depresses you in one day...MIT picks two day to either depress you or give you hope(or an invite) and kellogg cant even reject or accept more than 3 people a day.

agreed.

i worked for admissions in UG and would love the opportunity to do so if accepted to kellogg. i honestly think they should create a bit more of a succinct application process - yes part of it is me being anxious/impatient, but with them interviewing all applicants and releasing rolling decisions, you just have absolutely no clue where you stand with them and/or when to expect clarity.

*back to being calm*
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Strategic Management, Finance, Managerial and Organizational Behavior
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2012
Send PM
tihor wrote:
for i = 1 to infinity
end

I'm too afraid of what might be in my inbox to even look at it.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
tihor wrote:
for i = 1 to infinity
end

After sometime I see a big exception thrown from inside this loop, the ding email. Hopefully I can catch it somehow, instead of crashing my OS.

Ugh, sorry for geeking out
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  88   89   90   91   92  ...  136   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts