Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:44 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Other (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Tepper Business School
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
vsetia wrote:
Had my interview today with a member of the AdCom in Mumbai...very different than the other interviews that I have given till date.

The interviewer had gone through my file so asked very specific and interesting questions. A few curve balls along the way but thoroughly enjoyable. I probably didn't answer the why NYU Stern question well enough (atleast that's what I felt). The interviewer was reacting positively but can't read too much into that.

The 2-3 week wait starts! :|

Anyone else want to share their experience from today?

did she ask you what other schools you have applied to mate? whats was your profile buddy, what time was the interview?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Tepper Business School
Send PM
vsetia wrote:
Had my interview today with a member of the AdCom in Mumbai...very different than the other interviews that I have given till date.

The interviewer had gone through my file so asked very specific and interesting questions. A few curve balls along the way but thoroughly enjoyable. I probably didn't answer the why NYU Stern question well enough (atleast that's what I felt). The interviewer was reacting positively but can't read too much into that.

did she ask you what other schools you have applied to mate? what was your profile buddy, what time was the interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Tokyo123456789 wrote:
vsetia wrote:

did she ask you what other schools you have applied to mate? whats was your profile buddy, what time was the interview?

Sorry to hear about your experience Tokyo! Personally, I would think that it was just a human error and that the interviewer should ignore it :)

She didn't ask me what schools I had applied to, but she did ask this - "If I had the option of choosing from any school in the world, how would I decide?"! To which my lame reply was - "I would like to visit every school and attend a class to be in a better position to judge which school to go to"...then I quickly realized where this was heading coz I hadn't visited NYU and I started talking about why I was convinced that I had to go to NYU!

Really don't know how my interview went! Guess will find out soon enough...fingers crossed till then!
My profile - 750/M/Indian/3 yrs consulting experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
leonidisss wrote:
McAwhen wrote:
leonidisss wrote:
Hi everyone!
A question to all international applicants. How did you provide the self reported trascript? Where I come from we have no GPA's and I haven't got any class rankings in my degree. And ofcourse my grades are in a different system (3 passing grades). At the same time NYU write: "List the grade or mark for each course exactly as it appears on your official transcript. Do not reinterpret grades or convert grades to a different scale." As i understand I just need to leave the grades in the 3 grade system. But am I supposed to just leave the GPA and the class ranking blank? should I write something about this in essay 4?
Would be thankful for some help. thanks

Hi leonidisss,

I was in a similar situation. If it helps, what I did was writing the possible grades (in my language) in the "What is the marking or grading scale (i.e., A-F, 0-100) used at your academic institution?" box, and then fill the courses section using these original grades. For GPA I wrote the score shown in my transcript, which is not equivalent to the American GPA at all. For "Rank in Class" I wrote "Unknown".

I made it to the interview and the AdCom member didn't mention any problems related to that. I think they are kind of flexible with international students. I heard from other schools that they even ask a current student from your country to help them evaluate your academic transcript.

I hope this will help you. In any case, you can just send them an email asking about this and I am sure they will give you an answer. Best luck with your application!

Thanks a lot McAwhen!

Your answer was for sure helpful. How did your interview go by the way? how long have you waited for them to call you for an interview?

The interview went well (that was my impression, anyway). I was invited to the interview one month after submission and got the "final" decision from them today, 12 days after the interview. I wrote "final" because I have been waitlisted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
I had my interview yesterday too in Mumbai with a member of the adcom.
My experience was similar to Vsetia - the questions were quite focused and the interview wasn't blind.
There were no major curveballs as I had read the questions in the Clearadmit wiki and had answers ready for most of them. I felt I was able to demonstrate my knowledge of NYC by talking about Broadway and Madison Avenue and also got in 'why stern' indirectly through 2-3 different questions. I guess it helps that I had actually visited Stern 3 years back.
I really felt that the personalised folder they gave me as per my goals and interests was a nice touch.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.03
Send PM
Got a ding today. This door closes, another door opens. Good luck everyone else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Send PM
I just got the acceptance notice!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also got admitted!!! Couldn't be happier...

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GRE 1: Q800 V800
Send PM
Interviewed on 3/6, admitted today. Happy Pi day!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any interview invites??
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
lolingcat wrote:

Congrats! Question to you and other admitted candidates...

At the end of my interview the admissions officer said " Interview is only part of a application and I will take what we spoke to the admissions team. We will then review your application holistically and let you know of a decision in 2 weeks. Your result can be admitted, wait listed or denied admission ". Is this the standard response after interview or is she preparing me indirectly for a not so happy result?

Please advice- ANY insight on what your closing statements were will go a looooooong way in healing down my anxiety
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
mba201209 wrote:
lolingcat wrote:

At the end of my interview the admissions officer said " Interview is only part of a application and I will take what we spoke to the admissions team. We will then review your application holistically and let you know of a decision in 2 weeks. Your result can be admitted, wait listed or denied admission ". Is this the standard response after interview or is she preparing me indirectly for a not so happy result?

Please advice- ANY insight on what your closing statements were will go a looooooong way in healing down my anxiety

No I was told the same exact thing and accepted with $$$ one week later.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
BAMBAMBAM wrote:
mba201209 wrote:
lolingcat wrote:

No I was told the same exact thing and accepted with $$$ one week later.

Thanks so much! hoping for the best!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Send PM
Received interview invite for R2. Was losing hope!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Hey all..I just got an interview invite yesterday as well (3/15), so all you R2 people still waiting to hear, don't be dejected yet! :)
Good luck everyone! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
I submitted the Stern application minutes before the deadline on January 15th. I received an interview invite on Thursday, March 15th at 12:25pm PST. There are on-campus interview slots up until April 26th. Hope this helps! Quick question though - once you interview, how quickly do they notify you of a final decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
ssp wrote:
I submitted the Stern application minutes before the deadline on January 15th. I received an interview invite on Thursday, March 15th at 12:25pm PST. There are on-campus interview slots up until April 26th. Hope this helps! Quick question though - once you interview, how quickly do they notify you of a final decision?

After the interview, you are told that a decision will be rendered within 3 weeks. Looking back on the forum though, it seems that a majority of people here back between 1-2 weeks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts