Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Schools:Stanford (R2), McCombs (R2), Haas (R3), Duke (R2, No interview)
GPA: 3.53
WE 1: 6 years Engineering
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
If you thought you might get some scholarship money but probably "not much," what does this mean in terms of $?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
that's soon!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
txecnomist wrote:
If you thought you might get some scholarship money but probably "not much," what does this mean in terms of $?

The scholarship deadline was June 18th so it's unlikely to receive one at this point (I actually did on the 22nd though I was accepted back in March, but im starting to wonder if I received the scholarship notice by mistake). Just for reference though, the biggest scholarship I've seen is in-state waiver + 10k/year. For in-state applicants I've seen 10k/yr. They offered me $10k total (allegedly) and I got some other grants as part of my financial aid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi merkin

was there anything special you had to do in order to get aid ?
were there any interviews / separate applications you had to fill out ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did nothing else to get the scholarship. I assume they have a finite pool of merit scholarship monies and if an award recipient chooses to go elsewhere, they move on down the list. Glad they got to me.

As for financial aid in general, I'm not sure what you mean. I filled out the fafsa and then they notified me of my eligibility. Almost all came in loans but did get a small amount in grants. This was in late March, early April. This is the first time I've had student loans so I'm not if this counts as an extra application or not, per your question.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
when you say small amount of grant, is that free $$? if yes, that is awesome! i thought graduate doesn't have free $$ like undergrad.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yeah it was free money, $750 per semester (books!). I had heard the same re: lack of free money so it was a nice surprise. The benefit of a public school perhaps. Or maybe the byproduct of the rise in tuition.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i want my free books too!! kinda sensitive about $$ when i know i wont have income in next 2 years...haha

thanks for sharing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
forgive my ignorance...
but what is fafsa ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fafsa.gov (do not go fafsa.com)

if you are international student then i think it probably doesn't work for you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This forum has been incredibly helpful for me, a longtime reader and aspiring McCombs MBA. Thanks to the mods and all who have posted both good and bad news. I would like to add my information for the benefit of all the other readers:

Applied: 11/01/2009 (R1)
Interview Invitation: 11/15/2009
Interview: 11/30/2009
Waitlisted: 1/12/2010
Accepted: 7/2/2010

After being waitlisted, I attended a class and went to the MBA Day event. I sent them two updates: one in March and one in June.
WE: 4.5 years in Engineering
Undergrad GPA: 3.3 in Engineering at Top 20 school
GMAT: 740

Hope this helps, and good luck to all of you both this year and next year! :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Texas '12
Send PM
tenaciousbbq wrote:
This forum has been incredibly helpful for me, a longtime reader and aspiring McCombs MBA. Thanks to the mods and all who have posted both good and bad news. I would like to add my information for the benefit of all the other readers:

Applied: 11/01/2009 (R1)
Interview Invitation: 11/15/2009
Interview: 11/30/2009
Waitlisted: 1/12/2010
Accepted: 7/2/2010

After being waitlisted, I attended a class and went to the MBA Day event. I sent them two updates: one in March and one in June.
WE: 4.5 years in Engineering
Undergrad GPA: 3.3 in Engineering at Top 20 school
GMAT: 740

Hope this helps, and good luck to all of you both this year and next year! :-D

Congratulations! Did you attend the MBA day on Feb 19? You’re credentials looks like the guy who showed a couple of us around Austin (Trudy's). If that was you; thanks again. It was a great time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Wow congrats man, that was a long road. Pretty quiet on here lately, good to see some movement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

I have been traveling lately and have been unable to post this, but in case it is still helpful I wanted to let you all know that I was admitted from the waitlist on June 24. It came after a simple back and forth with Sharon in which she asked what the likelihood was that I'd accept if offered.

I accepted the offer, and received an email on July 2nd notifying me of a $10,000 scholarship (5k per year). Unfortunately I have no real insight on whether there are more spots open, or more scholarships available, but perhaps this information is still useful.

The email did not mention anything about a resident tuition waiver, and I do not quite understand the circumstances under which this are given out. Does anyone have any insight there?

I'm extremely excited to be attending this Fall, and I hope that there is continued success for those on this forum. Good luck to everyone either at McCombs or elsewhere.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats!! When do you plan to arrive in Austin? When is orientation, and what is the accounting homework? So many questions haha.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ozzie wrote:
Congrats!! When do you plan to arrive in Austin? When is orientation, and what is the accounting homework? So many questions haha.

Was this message for me? If so: Thank you! I'm trying to find a place to live in Austin starting August 1, since Orientation starts on the 2nd. I haven't received the accounting homework yet, and yes there are too many questions at this point still.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UThopeful wrote:
Ozzie wrote:

Was this message for me? If so: Thank you! I'm trying to find a place to live in Austin starting August 1, since Orientation starts on the 2nd. I haven't received the accounting homework yet, and yes there are too many questions at this point still.

Sorry UTHopeful, the question was directed at you. I was accepted yesterday and am scrambling to line everything up. I have a long move ahead of me. Congrats to you again!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70