Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:27 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '22 (WL)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [1]
Given Kudos: 1577
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all WAITLISTED applicants at LBS (LONDON) : 2020 Intake [#permalink]
AnirudhaS wrote:
Hi all,
As far as I know LBS is not deferring candidates to the next fall unless the reason is strong enough. "Covid-19" and "not feeling confident in the economy" is not a strong enough case. raghavrazz may I ask where you got this information, could you share with us please? This would be nice to know and discuss!

I have couple of sources, First their Facebook group for Class of 2022 showed 499 members in 2nd week of june. after 18th june it showed 465 members. Clearly means that 24 members have definitely deferred, Maybe more.
Secondly I checked GMAT Club and ClearAdmit for Round 4 decision trackers and found that there have been zero waitlists in R4 in past 5-6 years. However, Just GMAT Club shows 4 people being waitlisted in R4. Actual number must be higher.
If anyone knows any other information please share.
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 775 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all WAITLISTED applicants at LBS (LONDON) : 2020 Intake [#permalink]
raghavrazz wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:
Hi all,
As far as I know LBS is not deferring candidates to the next fall unless the reason is strong enough. "Covid-19" and "not feeling confident in the economy" is not a strong enough case. raghavrazz may I ask where you got this information, could you share with us please? This would be nice to know and discuss!

I have couple of sources, First their Facebook group for Class of 2022 showed 499 members in 2nd week of june. after 18th june it showed 465 members. Clearly means that 24 members have definitely deferred, Maybe more.
Secondly I checked GMAT Club and ClearAdmit for Round 4 decision trackers and found that there have been zero waitlists in R4 in past 5-6 years. However, Just GMAT Club shows 4 people being waitlisted in R4. Actual number must be higher.

I wouldn't trust the fb page to be honest, but thats just me personally. However the decision tracker is definitely something to ponder about. I must say good observation!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know if LBS maintain their waitlist until after the start of classes? Or is 10 July the last cut off?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Kudos
raghavrazz wrote:
AnirudhaS wrote:
Hi all,

The reason why the FB membership numbers dropped after the 18th was because the R3 deposit was due on the 17th. They provided an extension of deposit from the 10th to 17th, and then pushed R4 admit decision by one week as well. Likely those were not deferrals, but people selecting other schools.
LBS Moderator
Send PM
aha, and I'm guessing that's quite normal in any year...
LBS Moderator
Send PM
angelaska wrote:
Does anyone know if LBS maintain their waitlist until after the start of classes? Or is 10 July the last cut off?

Hi I do not know the answer to your question exactly. If I had to guess, I'll say not to the start of the following year. However, this post might help - advice from previous LBS waitlisters - https://gmatclub.com/forum/london-lbs-c ... 82676.html
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did any other wait-listed candidate get a mail from I-Lin to consider some points and basically confirm that if accepted, the ad com expects them to matriculate and deposit initial 9000 Pounds or else get off the waitlist right away?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
raghavrazz wrote:
Did any other wait-listed candidate get a mail from I-Lin to consider some points and basically confirm that if accepted, the ad com expects them to matriculate and deposit initial 9000 Pounds or else get off the waitlist right away?

Yeah I received that email too

Intern
Intern
Send PM
received a mail from I-Lin. I did not get off the waitlist for this year. She asks if I want to be in consideration for next year.
How does this typically work? Do waitlisted candidates who show interest in consideration for next year typically get accepted in R1 or they don't?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
raghavrazz wrote:
received a mail from I-Lin. I did not get off the waitlist for this year. She asks if I want to be in consideration for next year.
How does this typically work? Do waitlisted candidates who show interest in consideration for next year typically get accepted in R1 or they don't?

I'm also hoping someone with knowledge on this or experience with this can share!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I’m an R4 (extended) applicant and recently received a waitlist decision. I-Lin said the application pool this year is of high calibre, making it very competitive. I tried to ask for feedback to identify my weak points, but to no avail.

Nonetheless, I-Lin also stated that the AdCom is now willing to allow candidates on WL to be considered for Aug 2021 intake (assessment requirement/s to be decided and with a caveat that only very few slots are offered).

Do you guys consider waiting another year to be reconsidered at LBS or is it better to channel efforts into applying to other MBA programs (given the relatively low % of WL who eventually get admitted)?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbadream20 wrote:
Do you guys consider waiting another year to be reconsidered at LBS or is it better to channel efforts into applying to other MBA programs (given the relatively low % of WL who eventually get admitted)?

I-Lin's most recent email says they'll let us know by September 10 if they'll offer us a spot in next year's class. It isn't a long time to wait at least. I wonder if there is a point of reapplying though, if they reject you after this point.
LBS Moderator
Send PM
angelaska wrote:
mbadream20 wrote:

I-Lin's most recent email says they'll let us know by September 10 if they'll offer us a spot in next year's class. It isn't a long time to wait at least. I wonder if there is a point of reapplying though, if they reject you after this point.

Reapplication usually doesn't work, unless you have made significant changes to your profile - work and personal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos