GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 28 Feb 2020, 01:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

  • 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
  • 0% [0]
  • 100% [1]
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 3
Schools: Wharton '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.8
Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 11:32
Hi all,

FYI - I do know two people who were "released" from the waitlist about two weeks ago. However, they were dinged, not admitted.

With that being said, if 60-70 people were actually pulled off the list, it would appear that not all of those people were actually admitted.

Hope this info can calm some nerves!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 12:23
cc2401 wrote:
Hi all,

FYI - I do know two people who were "released" from the waitlist about two weeks ago. However, they were dinged, not admitted.

With that being said, if 60-70 people were actually pulled off the list, it would appear that not all of those people were actually admitted.

Hope this info can calm some nerves!


Not trying to generate panic but I was referring to people being accepted to the program. Slots are filling up and not sure why we aren't getting any response before May5th. Although, the news about people being pulled off the waitlist as of dinged serves of some relief. Although, I find it a bit odd since they usually wait till May5th to release you. I mean why would they hurry?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Wharton '17 (WL)
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 13:38
TopDogMBA wrote:
I guess y'all saw the latest update from Megan Gallagher - looks like some people did get off the waitlist (congrats folks!).

I logged into my application this morning (you never know, right!?) and the old letter is still there, but there's a new section called 'Events: View Your Events'. Presume this is just a system update, but now wondering if this is the case. How does your application page look today?

Good to have a bit of paranoia back on these pages! :-D

jlgdr wrote:
w59 wrote:
nobody has heard anything here, right? just wanted to check since it's getting close to the notification date.


Apparently they've been pulling people from the waitlist last week.


I, too, have this "Events" section... anyone else? #Optimism
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 15:54
I also have the Events section, is this good or bad? I think it means were getting invited to our R3 Waitlisted Admit weekend! #optimism

Oh yeah, oh yeah!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 115
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2015, 23:49
I guess the 'Events' link doesn't mean anything but just wanted to check with you guys. We will all know one way or another within a week so good to keep in touch and thanks for sharing your information.

And, is there even going to be a R3 Admit Weekend given the low number of admits in that round!? ;)
_________________
TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail - http://topdogmba.com/
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 04:14
TopDogMBA wrote:
I guess the 'Events' link doesn't mean anything but just wanted to check with you guys. We will all know one way or another within a week so good to keep in touch and thanks for sharing your information.

And, is there even going to be a R3 Admit Weekend given the low number of admits in that round!? ;)


Haha no, highly unlikely although I think its the least they could do for making us sit on the waitlist

Good luck my friends!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 115
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 23:22
I also heard from a friend who was dinged from the Wharton waitlist a few days ago - if you weren't dinged obviously your odds have improved. Congrats! I presume admit decisions will be released at the same time as R3 decisions (like they were in R2).

jlgdr - is it plausible that the 60-70 new admits could just be R2 applicants paying their deposit ahead of the April 30th deadline? http://mbawelcome.wharton.upenn.edu/enrollment/. I agree it's funny to ding people ahead of the R3 decision date but perhaps Wharton realises a lot of people on the waitlist want clarity so they can enrol in the other b schools they applied to.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Not long to wait for the R3 decisions!
_________________
TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail - http://topdogmba.com/
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 04:37
TopDogMBA wrote:
I also heard from a friend who was dinged from the Wharton waitlist a few days ago - if you weren't dinged obviously your odds have improved. Congrats! I presume admit decisions will be released at the same time as R3 decisions (like they were in R2).

jlgdr - is it plausible that the 60-70 new admits could just be R2 applicants paying their deposit ahead of the April 30th deadline? http://mbawelcome.wharton.upenn.edu/enrollment/. I agree it's funny to ding people ahead of the R3 decision date but perhaps Wharton realises a lot of people on the waitlist want clarity so they can enrol in the other b schools they applied to.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Not long to wait for the R3 decisions!


Thanks for the info top dog. As of now, according to a recently admitted friend at Wharton there are slightly above 800 people admitted for the class. I guess there's about 50-60 spots left based on rolling average class size of the last 4 years. Considering around 1000 applicants for R3 (dunno if this is too much) there's slightly a 5-6% chance. Harder than getting into Stanford R1, but hey I'm not complianing, happy to be in this position choosing between two top schools!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Wharton '17 (WL)
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 06:16
jlgdr wrote:
TopDogMBA wrote:
I also heard from a friend who was dinged from the Wharton waitlist a few days ago - if you weren't dinged obviously your odds have improved. Congrats! I presume admit decisions will be released at the same time as R3 decisions (like they were in R2).

jlgdr - is it plausible that the 60-70 new admits could just be R2 applicants paying their deposit ahead of the April 30th deadline? http://mbawelcome.wharton.upenn.edu/enrollment/. I agree it's funny to ding people ahead of the R3 decision date but perhaps Wharton realises a lot of people on the waitlist want clarity so they can enrol in the other b schools they applied to.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Not long to wait for the R3 decisions!


Thanks for the info top dog. As of now, according to a recently admitted friend at Wharton there are slightly above 800 people admitted for the class. I guess there's about 50-60 spots left based on rolling average class size of the last 4 years. Considering around 1000 applicants for R3 (dunno if this is too much) there's slightly a 5-6% chance. Harder than getting into Stanford R1, but hey I'm not complianing, happy to be in this position choosing between two top schools!!


Not sure if your math included this, so excuse me if it did, but admit does not mean matriculated student. What is Wharton's yield? Guessing it's significantly lower than HBS / GSB.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 06:40
ConsultingtoVCMBA wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
TopDogMBA wrote:
I also heard from a friend who was dinged from the Wharton waitlist a few days ago - if you weren't dinged obviously your odds have improved. Congrats! I presume admit decisions will be released at the same time as R3 decisions (like they were in R2).

jlgdr - is it plausible that the 60-70 new admits could just be R2 applicants paying their deposit ahead of the April 30th deadline? http://mbawelcome.wharton.upenn.edu/enrollment/. I agree it's funny to ding people ahead of the R3 decision date but perhaps Wharton realises a lot of people on the waitlist want clarity so they can enrol in the other b schools they applied to.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone. Not long to wait for the R3 decisions!


Thanks for the info top dog. As of now, according to a recently admitted friend at Wharton there are slightly above 800 people admitted for the class. I guess there's about 50-60 spots left based on rolling average class size of the last 4 years. Considering around 1000 applicants for R3 (dunno if this is too much) there's slightly a 5-6% chance. Harder than getting into Stanford R1, but hey I'm not complianing, happy to be in this position choosing between two top schools!!


Not sure if your math included this, so excuse me if it did, but admit does not mean matriculated student. What is Wharton's yield? Guessing it's significantly lower than HBS / GSB.


Yes, I agree some of these folks could be going to other schools but I didn't factor in the ones who got admitted and for some reason didn't share this decision with the other students. But still, I just wanted to be conservative given that clearly the former group factoring Wharton's yield as approx 65-70% will open some slots
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 5
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 11:09
Given R2 deposit deadline of Thursday, final batch of admits would probably hear from Wharton on Thursday/Friday.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 12:21
Woah! wrote:
Given R2 deposit deadline of Thursday, final batch of admits would probably hear from Wharton on Thursday/Friday.


I hope so, but they will probably wait till Tuesday no? Why hurry and do it on the same day?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 5
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 12:44
Since they do call the admits before the decision date (or is that not the case with Wharton?), and considering that we're much closer to the start of the new academic year, each day is precious (especially for the international admits, if any). Therefore, I hope they'd be considerate (they ain't got nothin to lose!), and also admit me... not in that order. :-D
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2015, 12:49
Woah! wrote:
Since they do call the admits before the decision date (or is that not the case with Wharton?), and considering that we're much closer to the start of the new academic year, each day is precious (especially for the international admits, if any). Therefore, I hope they'd be considerate (they ain't got nothin to lose!), and also admit me... not in that order. :-D


Fair enough, I hope they do the same with me. They do call people before the decision date, in fact they've been doing so in the last couple of weeks but it also depends on how organized/amount of resources adcom really has. But yeah, it would make sense to start with the international applicants so they can start with the visa/housing processes.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 07:44
Guys, wouldn't it be possible to be waitlisted yet another round until they know how many accepted round 3 applicants actually matriculate?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 07:52
renedo87 wrote:
Guys, wouldn't it be possible to be waitlisted yet another round until they know how many accepted round 3 applicants actually matriculate?


Yes, technically they would put you in what they call the summer waitllist. But in practical terms, this is really a worst case scenario and odds of getting in are just really not meaningful plus if you're already into another M7 program it really makes no sense to wait. The only circumstance I'd wait for a summer decision would be if I would have been rejected by H/S/C and not having any issues waiting to reapply next year.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2015, 08:12
jlgdr wrote:
renedo87 wrote:
Guys, wouldn't it be possible to be waitlisted yet another round until they know how many accepted round 3 applicants actually matriculate?


Yes, technically they would put you in what they call the summer waitllist. But in practical terms, this is really a worst case scenario and odds of getting in are just really not meaningful plus if you're already into another M7 program it really makes no sense to wait. The only circumstance I'd wait for a summer decision would be if I would have been rejected by H/S/C and not having any issues waiting to reapply next year.



Makes sense! Thanks for clarifying
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2014
Posts: 115
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2015, 02:48
I'm not sure the numerical odds of being accepted from the summer waitlist are necessarily lower than the 'regular' waitlist (since applicants are being dinged from the waitlist on a round-by-round basis), but I agree that plans start to become difficult to change if you're already accepted at another school or (like in my case) you're an international applicant needing a visa etc.

Don't lose hope though, some people on the Wharton summer waitlist have been admitted (just check out the historical waitlist threads), plus we still have R3 decisions to look forward to! :)

renedo87 wrote:
Guys, wouldn't it be possible to be waitlisted yet another round until they know how many accepted round 3 applicants actually matriculate?

_________________
TopDogMBA - A Reapplicant's Tail - http://topdogmba.com/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Aug 2012
Posts: 31
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Wharton '17 (WL)
GPA: 3.7
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 11:26
Events section is now gone...
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 06 Sep 2013
Posts: 1514
Concentration: Finance
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 12:12
ConsultingtoVCMBA wrote:
Events section is now gone...


And letter is gone too! Holly shi$#%#$%tttt!!!!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017   [#permalink] 04 May 2015, 12:12

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 122 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Waitlisters! Wharton Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: xprometheusx






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne