GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 00:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Re: Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2008, 11:59
dosa_don wrote:
You can upload only for an alum interview. For HUB and on-campus interviews, you just bring it along.

pandeyrav wrote:
I remember that there was no place to upload resume, but there is a thread on s2s where some folk talked about uploading their resume while scheduling the interview. Hence the confusion.

ok .. that helps. thanks !
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2008, 12:13
I just came back from the on-campus interview, and I didn't upload anything. Just make sure your bring a copy of your resume.

Questions asked:
Why MBA, Why Wharton, Why now?
What do you do outside work?
What do you do to relief stress?
A teamwork instance

Nothing surprising...every questions I got I have heard before...
This is my second time visiting the campus and there were a lot of prospectives waiting for interview...not enough seats for everyone.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2008, 12:53
BKK, can you shed some light on how you ended being asked so few questions? I am assuming that your interview did last 30 minutes. Did you talk a lot about the base questions: Why Wharton? Why MBA? Why now? Or is it because the interviewer was very conversational and asked a lot of follow-up questions?
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2008, 13:01
Iwannabe wrote:
BKK, can you shed some light on how you ended being asked so few questions? I am assuming that your interview did last 30 minutes. Did you talk a lot about the base questions: Why Wharton? Why MBA? Why now? Or is it because the interviewer was very conversational and asked a lot of follow-up questions?

Sorry, that wasn't all the questions asked. I don't have good memory...The interview was exactly 30mins. Here are some more that I can recollect:

What measure your success?
Where do you see yourself 5 years and 10 years from now?
What role of the team do you play at your current job? (This is the first question, then another question about teamwork I mentioned earlier, then the one below)
Give me a difficult team work situation, What did you do?
What would your boss say about you?

I thought I covered a lot within 30mins. I tried to be as concise as possible in my replies. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Mar 2008, 09:25
Hey dosa and columbia, don't want you to think that I am ignoring your question. Honestly, it was almost 60 outside when I interviewed so no one actually had a coat. It would make sense to have a place to leave your personal belongings but I personally can't comment on that. Sorry for not being much help.

Pandeyrav, you do not upload a resume. You bring your resume with you to the interview and give it to the secretary when checking in 15 minutes before the actual interview. I believe your interviewer quickly reviews your resume before meeting with you.

Originally posted by nyrberg on 03 Mar 2008, 17:30.
Last edited by nyrberg on 05 Mar 2008, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2008, 21:46
There is a closet for coats and other belongings right next to the reception in the admissions area. Hope that helps.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 17 Mar 2008, 13:28
Thanks nyrberg and Iwannabe. All the best as you wait for 27th.

Originally posted by Columbia08 on 03 Mar 2008, 21:59.
Last edited by Columbia08 on 17 Mar 2008, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2008, 06:25
Guys, I am done. It was an alum interview. All questions were pretty standard: 3 Why's (why MBA? why now? why Wharton?), resume (explain career path), outside of work activities (hobbies etc.), goals (why this, why that), my life passions. He was a very nice and interactive person (my luck :) ). My short-term goal now is to get :drunk and relieve myself from the residual excitement in my blood :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2008, 13:23
I have had both interivews this week (one for Lauder, and one for Wharton), and I dare say that the experience is very similar to the gruelling panel Selection Interview I had with the United Nations three years ago. Tough stuff!

In my case, both interviews were longer than 30 minutes, and the questions were very detailed, spot-on clarification promts. No "why MBA", no "why Wharton" routine for me! It seems that most questions were designed specifically for me.

The most helpful piece of advice I have ever received that is VERY relevant to the interview process is to be yourself. It is a deceptively simple consept, isn't it?

It seems that for Wharton, your "self" alone is a very important factor in determining your fit.

On the personal side, I was so impressed with my interviewers' accomplishments; both of them have done some truly amazing things in their lives, and both seem to be an easy source of inspiration for people around. I definitely would be psyched to be in the same boat with them. Let's wait.

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2008, 19:49
I am off to wharton for an on campus interview tomorrow and then i shall join you all in the waiting game.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2008, 20:12
Good luck Pandey- I guess tomorrow is the last day of interviews?

pandeyrav wrote:
I am off to wharton for an on campus interview tomorrow and then i shall join you all in the waiting game.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2008, 20:30
dosa_don wrote:
Good luck Pandey- I guess tomorrow is the last day of interviews?

pandeyrav wrote:

I will be one of last people to interview for round 2, 03:45 pm. Are there any 'optional' events available in the morning, such as campus visit/class visit etc?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 07:36
I was at Wharton yesterday. It's exam time for the first years and no one showed up for the lunch Q & A with students. Renee had to catch some second years at the cafeteria. But you can definitely attend classes. Today is the last day of classes before spring break. Classes resume on the 24th (the break is when most of our fates will be decided). Well, never had a more important spring break!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 08:03
Just bringing this list up. I am assuming that all the applicants invited to interview should have finished interviewing by EOD today. Please add your name to the list if it is missing.

Total: 39 Interview: 22

nyrberg - interview
sudden- interview
aceman626-interview
UT-interview
cooldar-interview
elhajoui-interview
swedenr-interview
poochandi - interview
Dosa: interview
nupurgupt - interview
bee186 - interview
pandeyrav:interview
bkk145 - interview
Iwannabe - interview
livehard - interview
nick_sun - interview
wisepig - interview
columbia08 - interview
burger2001 - interview
illusion- interview
daraverla - interview
Audio - interview

ujjib - ding
zmfatla: ding
uphillclimb: ding
rajpdsouza - ding
EX10XL - ding
tsaditya: ding
ncprasad: ding
sangoman: ding
vchhaochharia: ding
gregspirited - ding
yelloww82 - ding
ryguy904 - ding
mantymooney - ding
spideyeclipse: ding

PokerFace: submitted
R.E.D. - submitted
Vij101- Submitted
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 10:49
How did it go ?
pandeyrav wrote:

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Mar 2008, 09:01
sperinko wrote:
How did it go ?
pandeyrav wrote:

Just got back home. It went ok. there were quite a few people interviewing today and from what i heard, interviews would continue tomorrow as well for some people who could not schedule alumni interview. I got to sit in on a class although there were not too many people because of the spring break. there were more prospectives than students in the class. nevertheless it was to my advantage as the class was about Mergers and acquisitions which directly relates to my long term goals and i was able to pick up some material from the class and speak include it in my reasoning for my long term goals. The guy interviewing me was a second year.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that after having talked all about the activities at school when it was my turn to ask question, i asked how his experience was so far and he said academics are great but there is a lot of artificial stuff (in context of the other things like treks and parties and other experiential activities) which bothers me a bit as he might think i am interested in the artificial bit .. god knows whether this turns out to be a good or bad thing. we will wait and see.

Here is what was asked:

1. Tell me about yourself ?
2. What are your short term and long term goals ?
3. What do you do other than work / what do you do for fun ?
4. Why Wharton ?
5. Why now ?
6 Do you have any questions for me ?

Originally posted by pandeyrav on 06 Mar 2008, 18:01.
Last edited by pandeyrav on 07 Mar 2008, 09:01, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 18:16
Congrats on getting the interview done with Pandey. I dont think the "Artificial" stuff would hurt you. I had a somewhat similar experience in my K interview- the guy who interviewed was an international and he said it was a little difficult to get used to the social life initially- the networking, the drinking etc. I am quite sure it wont be held against you- there are both types of people in school- the guys who participate in every single activity and there are the guys who are there for mainly the academic experience.

Good luck!

pandeyrav wrote:
sperinko wrote:
How did it go ?
pandeyrav wrote:

Just got back home. It went ok. there were quite a few people interviewing today and from what i heard, interviews would continue tomorrow as well for some people who could not schedule alumni interview. I got to sit in on a class although there were not too many people because of the spring break. there were more prospectives than students in the class. nevertheless it was to my advantage as the class was about Mergers and acquisitions which directly relates to my long term goals and i was able to pick up some material from the class and speak include it in my reasoning for my long term goals. The guy interviewing me was a second year.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that after having talked all about the activities at school when it was my turn to ask question, i asked how his experience was so far and he said academics are great but there is a lot of artificial stuff (in context of the other things like treks and parties and other experiential activities) which bothers me a bit as he might think i am interested in the artificial bit .. god knows whether this turns out to be a good or bad thing. we will wait and see.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 18:20
thanks dosa and sperinko
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2008, 18:54
Interviewed Jan 7th at Wharton West, Apped .. Waiting...... :?:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton (R1), MIT (R1), Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2008, 00:30
I finished my interview yesterday. It was a good experience... conversational as others mentioned. Walk me through your resume, why MBA, how will you contribute etc. type of questions. I feel I should have been more 'crisper' in my replies... 30 minutes just went by.

Met a few students but most of them were gone for the exams etc. The halls were deserted. Attended a few classes and met a few students... I guess this is the only B-school (that I have visited) which has windows in the classes!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2008, 00:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  51   52   53   54   55   56   57  ...  64    Next  [ 1265 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jeometricals, tanmay1392