It is currently 23 Jan 2018, 04:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:22
gt7er wrote:
cpgmba wrote:
Dinged!! Still have a hard time figuring out why I got an HBS invite but not Wharton. (I'm 26 so it's probably not age)

Oh well, HBS and Kellogg are still in sight! Congrats and good luck to all with Wharton invites!

yeah i'm 26 also and got an HBS invite but not wharton....wonder if i even have a shot at HBS...im thinking not...

You just never know. Dont think negatively. Once harvard invites you, its because they really believe you have what it takes to become part of the brand.

Who knows, maybe one of your recommenders said Harvard in your Wharton Rec?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:27
Dinged as well. Am 0/2 now. Plan to apply to one more school and that's it. Don't think I have the energy to go through this again next year.

Good luck to eveyone. All the best with your applications/careers.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:34
jjright wrote:
gt7er wrote:
cpgmba wrote:
Dinged!! Still have a hard time figuring out why I got an HBS invite but not Wharton. (I'm 26 so it's probably not age)

Oh well, HBS and Kellogg are still in sight! Congrats and good luck to all with Wharton invites!

yeah i'm 26 also and got an HBS invite but not wharton....wonder if i even have a shot at HBS...im thinking not...

You just never know. Dont think negatively. Once harvard invites you, its because they really believe you have what it takes to become part of the brand.

Who knows, maybe one of your recommenders said Harvard in your Wharton Rec?

yeah this whole process is so unpredictable....super subjective...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:39
Got the interview invite email today around 12:30. Congrats to everyone else who received one & best of luck to everyone in the rest of the admissions process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:43
Got the ding. Good luck to everyone who is being invited to interview! Knock 'em dead! It looks like its all about Michigan for me right now...

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, LBS, Stanford, MIT, NYU, Columbia

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:47
dinged as well, seems like the dings went out in one fell swoop around 5:35pm
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:48
This post received
KUDOS
Indeed, it seems to be almost flipping a coin to get an invite here. Gil, Leverandon & others, you guys have really strong, not-dime-a-dozen profiles and I am sure you will get in somewhere else good. Sadly the websense at my work decided to block chat starting this week so I am rendered mute except for the boards.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 15:56
agree w gt7er and cpgmba..invited to interview at HBS, dinged without interview at wharton. the funny thing is, i spent so much more time and effort on wharton than HBS :( i wonder if it's an age thing. i'm 24
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 16:01
For those interviewing - are you doing on-campus / HUB / or alumni?

I am leaning towards alumni b/c I will already be in Chicago for my Booth interview next weekend. But then I thought that attempting to schedule an interview w/ an alum on a weekend was poor form. Any thoughts?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 16:28
bostonsparky wrote:
Gil, Leverandon & others, you guys have really strong, not-dime-a-dozen profiles and I am sure you will get in somewhere else good.

Thanks, sparky! I'm not too discouraged. The thing was, I applied to Wharton mostly because of its name brand and the fact that it has a strong law school assiciated with it (for the JD/MBA thing). Looking back, its pretty clear that my essays were not as strong or tailored for them as many of my others, probably because I'm a lot more interested in the programs at Kellogg and Michigan.

js594 wrote:
i wonder if it's an age thing. i'm 24

I'm starting to think that that might have been a factor as well. I'll be 24 at matriculation. Does anyone know what other schools are younger-applicant friendly besides HBS/Stanford? I'm looking to fill out my R2 app list.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Current Student
Schools: Ross, Cornell ($), Kellogg, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley ($$)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 16:34
coadman wrote:
For those interviewing - are you doing on-campus / HUB / or alumni?

I am leaning towards alumni b/c I will already be in Chicago for my Booth interview next weekend. But then I thought that attempting to schedule an interview w/ an alum on a weekend was poor form. Any thoughts?

good luck to everyone who has received interviews, and to those who were dinged, I'm sure everyone will get in to at least one of their top schools!

I am interviewing on campus this Tuesday. I think an alumni interview over the weekend is fine though if that is what works for you. Most alums realize evenings & weekends work best. I'm going to campus because I live in Baltimore and the closest alum is in WashDC 1 hour away vs phili is only 2 hours away.

any advice from current students? anyone else going to campus?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 16:36
js594 wrote:
agree w gt7er and cpgmba..invited to interview at HBS, dinged without interview at wharton. the funny thing is, i spent so much more time and effort on wharton than HBS :( i wonder if it's an age thing. i'm 24

whoa...thats exactly what i did...i focused most of my efforts on wharton because i figured i had a shot...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 16:43
in case anyone cares, im 24 as well, so I don't think age is necessarily a determining factor
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 16:55
Dinged at 5:36. Wow it doesnt feel as bad to see that I share the moment with so many other great profiles. Atb ppl!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:27
Hey guys I got an interview invite! Should have posted earlier but have not been checking my email regularly - took a drive out to the country to avoid the whole stress of waiting to hear back!

BTW, just reading the posts above regarding those who were invited to HBS but dinged at Wharton, I'm the other way around - no invite yet from Harvard, so I am pretty much a ding. I'm also 29 at matriculation.
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT Sloan

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:34
terp26 wrote:
nj24 wrote:
got back from lunch and was ecstatic to find an invite in my mailbox! :bouncer it was sent at 1230 est... hang in there guys! they're still coming!

congrats ! I assume you submitted last day and went complete after oct 20th?

Hey Terp - How did your Kellogg interview go? To answer your question - I submitted on the last day (Oct 9th), went complete sometime around Oct 15th and it was silence ever since till this afternoon... Thought I was a goner for sure, maybe I had slow readers?

To those who did not get invites, I hope you get interview calls from your other choice schools!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 18:53
Got an interview invite...for those keeping score, I'll be 29 at matriculation. Good luck everybody.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 20:05
Leverandon wrote:
Got the ding. Good luck to everyone who is being invited to interview! Knock 'em dead! It looks like its all about Michigan for me right now...

What about Kellogg?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 21:08
Dinged as well. Already interviewed for Chicago.....its my best bet since I have not heard from harvard or Stanford either.

Turning in Columbia app soon..........
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2008, 05:05
sonibubu wrote:
Leverandon wrote:

What about Kellogg?

Oh Kellogg is my top choice right now...but I've interviewed there already and now my Kellogg chances are in the hands of God (and the adcoms) and I'm sort of feeling pessimistic about my chances there after the Wharton ding considering their reputations in terms of selectiveness are so similar. Does anyone know of any students who have been dinged at Wharton and admitted at Kellogg? There have to be some such students since the schools focus on different things.

Anyway, I guess I just feel like my Michigan chances are a lot stronger since I was offered an interview there.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Nov 2008, 05:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  67    Next  [ 1339 posts ] 

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap