It is currently 19 Sep 2017, 21:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago GSB applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2008, 11:50
rhyme, the attached file has the sample. I know it's all there but I would just be a bit more comfortable modifying a word template - Im not too good at making things look pretty. :)
Attachments

resumeexample.pdf [22.69 KiB]
Downloaded 93 times

To download please login or register as a user

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 1

Schools: Ross '10

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2008, 11:54
Have you tried one of those PDF to word converters?
hsampath wrote:
rhyme, the attached file has the sample. I know it's all there but I would just be a bit more comfortable modifying a word template - Im not too good at making things look pretty. :)

Kudos [?]: 202 [0], given: 1

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2008, 12:05
I did not realize there is a free converter available. Will look around. thanks.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth 2010

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2008, 12:22
when i did the app i created one that looked like the sample
Attachments

Chicago_Resume.doc [42.5 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2008, 12:33
dabots wrote:
when i did the app i created one that looked like the sample

Thank you! That's a great starting point for me. As you can tell Im running behind on this app.

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 8

Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2008, 13:51
ok gmatters,
Need your help on this W/L issue.

Got a generic email from Rose with the following info
Happy New Year! Now that the holidays have passed and the dust has begun to settle for Round 1, I thought it might be helpful to give you another update on the waitlist. First, I have briefly reviewed your file again and want to reassure you that your application is strong -- the Committee does not have any outstanding concerns. You were placed on the waitlist in order to gauge the Round 2 pool rather than to assess your interest in the GSB. .

Second, we welcome you to visit campus and attend classes or send in additional information; however, neither one is required nor should you think that it will impact our final decision. As we get closer to March, I will be reaching out again to confirm your candidacy on the waitlist prior to releasing Round 2 decisions on March 26, and your file will be reviewed again as part of our Round 2 final evaluation process

I have started a discussion thread on our forum regarding the waitlist: http://forums.chicagogsb.edu/n/pfx/foru ... s&tid=1974. Feel free to ask your questions there, send an e-mail or give me a quick call. I know this is an uncomfortable place to be when you have many other decisions that are pressing, but I appreciate your patience and your continued enthusiasm for Chicago GSB. Warm regards, Rose

Rosemaria Martinelli

Associate Dean, Student Recruitment & Admissions

Chicago GSB

Anybody else who is W/L got this email?
Second, judging from the email, it appears that Rose is saying its ok to submit additional material although it does not affect the candidacy. Is this true? I have heard otherwise from GSB students so I wanted some opinion here.

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 8

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2008, 16:52
I think the "it doesn't affect our decision" statement is a generic safety clause. Since all adcoms are human beings, I highly doubt if you sent in some compelling stuff about your candidacy they would not be moved at all. All I can get out of this email is that what you send in probably won't have a huge impact, but it'll be looked at and considered.

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 14

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2008, 19:22
i received the email from Rose.

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 143 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2008, 15:33
I have included dates, salary details, extracurricular, duties, company address, number supervised in my expanded resume as requested in template.

Can I add part time experience at my post grad level?
Do we have to detail the extracurricular in college level. I thought there is a seperate section for extracurriculars apart from expanded resume.

If I add in resume too won't it be redundant? Or is the expanded resume seperate on its own.

Any suggestions

--gregspirited

Kudos [?]: 143 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2008, 15:53
Well let no one ever say BW forums are completely useless. I just found this on there.

Quote:
I was admitted R1 to the GSB and was given access to a community database that lists admitted students. They are referred to as "Incoming Students," but I don't think most people shown there have submitted their deposit yet (I haven't, but I plan to). For the full-time MBA program:

338 students listed; 35.5% are female; 35.8% list their location as outside of the U.S.; 2.1% live in China; 2.1% live in India; 10.7% are from the city of Chicago; 9.8% from NY, NY.

Since this is only Round 1, make whatever inference you want about what the final class profile will be.

Some people have speculated about Chicago's yield in recent years, since they haven't published it. If this data is complete, then there were 338 round 1 admits. Assume an equal number for Round 2 and no more than 100 for Round 3. That gives you 776 projected admits for this season (338 + 338 + 100). With a class size of 560, it looks like the school is "expecting" a yield of around 72%, at this point. I could be wrong on the relative sizes of rounds but it seems consistent with what AdCom has said.

So of the 338 here is the breakdown number wise (note India and China are people that live there not that are from there.
Female: 120
International: 121
India (current location): 7
China (current location): 7
Chicago: 36
NYC: 33

I dont think his numbers are right for the R2 admits and R3 admits since typically R2 has a lot more applicants than R1, and they say fewer than 10% of a class comes from R3. And I think 776 might be low but since they never admit their yield we wont know but I really doubt it would be 72%. I am surprised these numbers were available considering GSB doesnt usually publish numbers.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2008, 17:42
rWOW great info River :) thats really helpful. I agree with you- R2 should see more admits. In fact I remember Rhyme mentioning that there were about 400 admits last year in R1 and 600-700 in R2. So I do expect R2 to see more admits but just surprised at the number of Indians and Chinese. BTW, is there similar data for Kellogg? ;)

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 00:53
What time is the submission due on the 9th. Does anyone know?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 02:08
g.matter wrote:
What time is the submission due on the 9th. Does anyone know?

5 pm CST

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 07:42
Good thing I posted that information because it was removed from BW.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 0

Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 09:09
Guys,

Could somebody give me the link with the full curriculum of GSB? I can't seem to find it on the GSB website. i know Ryhme gave a link, but it soesn't seem to work anymore. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot...

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 09:43
Audio wrote:
Guys,

Could somebody give me the link with the full curriculum of GSB? I can't seem to find it on the GSB website. i know Ryhme gave a link, but it soesn't seem to work anymore. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot...

Here you go.

http://programs.chicagogsb.edu/curriculum/

I sometimes wish all links and attachments could be posted on the first post of the thread, esp a long thread like this so they are easier to find. Would the mods be able to do that?

Thanks

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 09:47
hsampath wrote:
Audio wrote:
Guys,

Thanks a lot...

Here you go.

I sometimes wish all links and attachments could be posted on the first post of the thread, esp a long thread like this so they are easier to find. Would the mods be able to do that?

Thanks

Yes we could but how often does anyone actually go to the first post, thats why it probably doesnt happen. Something like that should probably be put in the wikifile and anyone can do that.

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 09:53
Ok, I have added the link to the GSB wiki page. However, what about things like the resume template that dabots gave me. Some may think it's not a big deal, but it was pretty useful to me, saved me some time, and I am not sure it's right place is on the wiki page.

Besides, what's an easy way to get to the wiki page? We don't have a link to it on the first post I believe. Do people use the wiki page as often?

Thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 10:21
hsampath wrote:
Audio wrote:
Guys,

Thanks a lot...

Here you go.

Thanks

I found that page, but every time I click on "course descriptions" it doesn't work - very weird. Maybe because I'm using Safari?

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

CTO
CTO

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 9

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2008, 10:44
hsampath wrote:
Ok, I have added the link to the GSB wiki page. However, what about things like the resume template that dabots gave me. Some may think it's not a big deal, but it was pretty useful to me, saved me some time, and I am not sure it's right place is on the wiki page.

Besides, what's an easy way to get to the wiki page? We don't have a link to it on the first post I believe. Do people use the wiki page as often?

Thanks

Kudos, hsampath, +1. Thanks for editing the wiki, I spend a lot of time tinkering with it and I would love to see it used more. I am working to make it more convenient to link to a wiki page.

What are your concerns about the resume template?

[w]User:Tino[/w] - GMAT Club Support

Ask me about the [w]Tests[/w] and all tech issues. Let me know if you find something broken or ugly on this site.

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling Chicago GSB applicants   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2008, 10:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  54   55   56   57   58  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ]