It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Re: Calling Chicago GSB applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 09:31
nupurgupt wrote:
helg wrote:
kwam wrote:
Helg, send it anyway. If you send tomorrow, it will be in Chicago by Feb 1st. As you have the time zone issue there's no need to wait man, otherwise if you call them, and they say: as you are a re-applicant we need an official transcript, you may be screwed.

I'd send it tomorrow first thing in the morning, if I were you.

Good Luck.

Right, kwam, I will do just that! Thanks.

helg, i would send the email (with scanned transcript) also to be on the safe side.

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 09:40
as some of you might know, aviroop is in chi-town for sometime
i was planning on meeting him at Seattle's Best in the evening tomorrow (870 N. Michigan I think, at the Borders)
Anyone else interested in joining, just PM me

http://delhirox.blogspot.com/

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 14:52
According to http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admi ... ripts.aspx,

Quote:
Transcripts

You must submit a transcript from every university, college or graduate institution you have attended. School transcripts may be self-reported via the online application.

If invited to interview, you will be required to submit official, sealed transcripts from all universities, colleges and/or graduate institutions attended. We will not make a final decision on your application without official transcripts.
When requesting transcripts from your undergraduate and/or graduate institutions, use the transcript request form (PDF) included in the online application and follow the instructions provided.

My status says "Complete" and 1st February is not mentioned. Shall I run to the mail office to send out my transcripts? :?:

I guess, they talk about "final decision" on admission - not on invitation for an interview. Right?

Quote:
International Students
You will be asked to either submit official academic records or provide a self-reported transcript for all schools attended. If you submit self-reported records, you will be asked to provide the official documents if invited to interview. We will not make a final decision on your application without official transcripts.

Quote:
Upon invitation to interview, applicants who received a degree from a university outside of the United States must submit a certified copy of the diploma or certificate, an official transcript in its original language, and a certified English translation of these documents showing the name and title of the translator.

Do I need to separately translate (1) diploma (hardcover) and (2) transcripts (soft paper) into English? What is a certified English translation? Can I be a translator of my own transcripts, taking into account the fact that my university degree suggests a good command of English? I am even eligible to be a translator/interpreter in the United Nations. No, seriously. :shock:

What do you think, guys, about this endless transcript saga? :roll: :P
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 15:28
This post received
KUDOS
Nick

In Brazil at least we do have "official translators", they are the ones who are accepted in theses cases, and they are authorized by both governments to translate things. I'm not sure how things run in Russia. Call GSB ad office and ask them whether you need to send the transcript, and if they have any translator to indicate in Russia.

You should see that, because all other schools are going to need your transcripts translated by those translators, so...

I know I'm not helping too much, but that's it, and Oh I forgot to add hat up to the whole MBA Cha Ching thread... doing that later, when I find the receipt...

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t57360

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 15:32
In addition to what kwam said, nick in India we get official documents notarized i.e. a government seal is applied to prove the document's validity. I'm fairly certain that such transcripts are acceptable by the universities. Not sure if that is an option for you.

http://delhirox.blogspot.com/

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 15:57
Thank you, guys. I've got your idea. Notarization seems to be the only option here for "certified translation". With the fixed rates the notaries here charge about 200 $ just for stamping 8 pages of already translated documents which will definitely increase my cha-ching :)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 05:25
This post received
KUDOS
2 more days....
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 07:40
i am confused here...

- my chicago status says complete, but only the unofficial transcript has been received (this is what the instructions asked for).
- i have not received an email about the official transcript.
- my unofficial transcript was created by my university in an english speaking country (it sounds like the problem the other person had may have been due to the translation / international aspect of the transcript).

am i on the right track here? did everyone else submit an official transcript? what is going on?!?!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 07:47
sudden wrote:
i am confused here...

- my chicago status says complete, but only the unofficial transcript has been received (this is what the instructions asked for).
- my unofficial transcript was created by my university in an english speaking country (it sounds like the problem the other person had may have been due to the translation / international aspect of the transcript).

am i on the right track here? did everyone else submit an official transcript? what is going on?!?!

IMHO, its okay! they will ask for official transcript only at the time of interview
Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 07:48
I submitted a scanned version of my official transcript just because I had it available. I have not sent a paper copy and neither have I been asked for one.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:20
sudden wrote:
i am confused here...

Don't worry. As long as they didn't tell you something is wrong, everything is right :-D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:25
Interview invites coming out anytime soon?
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:27
They start out on the 30th apparently :)

rhyme wrote:
Interview invites coming out anytime soon?
Current Student
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:29
sudden wrote:
i am confused here...

Don't worry about it! If your app says 'Complete', ad-com has everything it needs to asses you. Maybe in helg's case, his self reported transcripts had some 'confusing' information. I know that if I self-reported my transcripts, ad-com would probably be confused as hell. Some courses are marked out of 100, others 125 and still others 200! So yeah, figuring out how I did would be pretty darn hard! That's the reason I always submit scanned copies of my official transcripts (which include an explanation of the grading system). Bottom line: if your app says 'Complete', it is. Get some sleep 'cause after the 30th, all hell's going to break loose :)

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Director
Director
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:48
spoke to some students who are in ad-com.... please tell me this is not any GMAT CLUBBER who wrote this.

For the #2 shoes essay, one applicant wrote that he does not want to be in any one's shoes even for one day, because he is perfect and very sure of himself. He wants to be himself for one day and maintain his aura of perfection..!!!!!!!!

Damn... I have one comment for this guy.. moron

and... inviteess!!!!!!! word of caution.. check your resume ....one student who got invited for R1 interview submitted a resume that said Objective: To get admitted to Wharton.

Such university name bloopers will NOT get you dinged, this is from the horse's mouth, but will definitely make a poor impression..
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:51
lol...funny stories. btw- are we supposed to have an 'objective' for our resumes? Isnt it kind of redundant if you are using the resume for a b-school app?

aviroop wrote:
spoke to some students who are in ad-com.... please tell me this is not any GMAT CLUBBER who wrote this.

For the #2 shoes essay, one applicant wrote that he does not want to be in any one's shoes even for one day, because he is perfect and very sure of himself. He wants to be himself for one day and maintain his aura of perfection..!!!!!!!!

and... inviteess!!!!!!! word of caution.. check your resume ....one student who got invited for R1 interview submitted a resume that said Objective: To get admitted to Wharton.

Such university name bloopers will NOT get you dinged, this is from the horse's mouth, but will definitely make a poor impression..
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:54
i did not have any objective...

but i think that some applicants formatted the resume as a job resume... and so put an objective in there...

my 2 cents.. no need of an objective..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 08:54
aviroop wrote:

thats funny. I hope GSB sent a big fat ding his way.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 09:10
thanks all for the responses to my question. eagerly waiting for the 30th... competition is going to be steep if GMATclub is a representative sample. good luck all.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 09:45
aviroop wrote:

Yeah .. I've read that essay. That's kryzak's essay.

I kid .. I kid.
Re: Calling Chicago GSB applicants   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2008, 09:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  67   68   69   70   71  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ] 

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap