It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 22:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  
Current Student
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 10:55
Rhyme- any insight on the app volume? :D
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 11:22
I am betting all schools will be up...and GSB will be up far more than most because of its dominating the rankings. Don't worry about it there is nothing you can do about more people applying. Just hope that most wait until R2 so there is less competition.

My brother sent me back a version of my ppt but he replaced a picture I used with a different one as a joke and pointed it out. Of course I nearly had a heart attack and had to go open my files and make sure I didnt accidentaly put that in there. It was nothing offensive or anything but when you think you have everything perfect and then see an obvious mistake it screws with you. I am already getting anxiuos about the app since its been recieved but still lots of NOs about verifying stuff. I am sure its cause I submitted it the night before but still.
Current Student
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 11:31
True- though I am applying to a whole bunch of schools in R2 :)

Spoke to Nate Crozier at a reception at Cincinnati last night- and he indicated that they are seeing a huge increase in apps. Did not quantify the increase. Having said that, I thought I saw a lot of prospective students at the reception who seemed kind of lost about the whole process. Asked some really trivial questions and stuff...there was one guy who was very impressive - professional opera singer who wants to open a consulting firm specializing in classical music. Interesting guy.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 14:23
dosa_don wrote:
True- though I am applying to a whole bunch of schools in R2 :)

Spoke to Nate Crozier at a reception at Cincinnati last night- and he indicated that they are seeing a huge increase in apps. Did not quantify the increase. Having said that, I thought I saw a lot of prospective students at the reception who seemed kind of lost about the whole process. Asked some really trivial questions and stuff...there was one guy who was very impressive - professional opera singer who wants to open a consulting firm specializing in classical music. Interesting guy.

Well if he didn't quantify, I won't either :)

Don't worry though, don't forget there are tons of people like the weak prospectives you mentioned who apply -- those that find out what the GMAT is halfway through the application when they get to the question .... they wont be especially competitive.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 14:35
like rhyme said, the key stat to watch out for is how many more "GMATClub Quality" candidates apply to all the top schools.

Haas has been climbing all the rankings they normally get dissed on. EIU, BW, Financial Times, and even WSJ. Not that I really care about those rankings, but it'll get other people to apply, and with only 240 seats... oh boy... Haas might hit the <10% this year.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 15:10
I am amazed when talking to other applicants how many devote maybe a half dozen hours for their essays on an application.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 15:21
half a dozen hours?????? Where did my last 2-3 months go???
Manager
Manager
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 18:08
kryzak wrote:
half a dozen hours?????? Where did my last 2-3 months go???

I have been working on mine for over a month..

Last edited by vishalsuri on 01 Nov 2007, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2007, 21:15
dosa_don wrote:
I saw a lot of prospective students at the reception who seemed kind of lost about the whole process. Asked some really trivial questions and stuff...

That is so true. At the Moscow GSB reception the alumni were literally harassed by questions about preparation for GMAT and essay writing. Now that you think that those were in general '04-'06 grads that meant their relevant experiences were at least 4 years old! That's like asking us about the college finals! Who would care to answer!?
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2007, 09:52
My status has changed to Complete.

At least that started well! Very anxious though.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2007, 10:25
I am still stuck in recieved aka purgatory. I would be happy with any progress at this point.
CEO
CEO
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2007, 17:09
Add me to the list guys. Just started round 2 app for GSB.

What do you R1 guys add for the extra 500 words in the goals essay (my longest has been 1000 words for Wharton).
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2007, 18:26
to those of you visiting tomorrow: i am drunk. if i look hungover sorry.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2007, 18:29
bsd_lover wrote:
Add me to the list guys. Just started round 2 app for GSB.

What do you R1 guys add for the extra 500 words in the goals essay (my longest has been 1000 words for Wharton).

gsb was actually my first app i worked on and i filled 1500 easily just based on material i got from talking to students. i went to gsb live, 2 student hosted events in my area, and the official infosession in my city with rose presenting. talked to probably 2 dozen students/faculty/staff and got tons of why chicago material. for wharton i couldnt fit the same type of material for wharton because it was only 1000 words. so my suggestion is to talk to as many people as possible, and you will naturally have things you will want to talk about.
Director
Director
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2007, 20:51
rhyme wrote:
to those of you visiting tomorrow: i am drunk. if i look hungover sorry.

Are we supposed to meet you somewhere? I may have missed part of the thread. I just got in to the international house about 15 min ago.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2007, 14:29
My status has changed to complete...now hopefully I get an interview invite.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2007, 15:14
Alright, visiting Chicago 11/2-11/5. Staying over at the UofC I-House. Probably check out Chicago's campus Friday afternoon, Kellogg Saturday afternoon, then class visits for both schools on Monday before I fly out at night.

Anyone also going that weekend?
Director
Director
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2007, 16:49
kryzak wrote:
Alright, visiting Chicago 11/2-11/5. Staying over at the UofC I-House. Probably check out Chicago's campus Friday afternoon, Kellogg Saturday afternoon, then class visits for both schools on Monday before I fly out at night.

Anyone also going that weekend?

Man GSB live today was awesome, you'll enjoy it. Double bonus points for Chicago feeding me basically all day.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2007, 17:53
unfortunately there is no GSB Live the weekend I'm going... missing it by one weekend. :(
Director
Director
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2007, 19:48
kryzak wrote:
unfortunately there is no GSB Live the weekend I'm going... missing it by one weekend. :(

That's too bad. You couldn't make it one one of the "Live" fridays? I have to say that GSB live was by far the most impressive visit program I have been to... although I guess I didn't actually go to a real class. Either way though, I loved it. All of the GSB students (especially Rhyme) were very generous with their time.
  [#permalink] 26 Oct 2007, 19:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ] 

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap