GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Dec 2019, 08:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 08:33
Have calls for the East Coast rolled out yet?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '17 (I)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 08:54
Does Haas call every selected candidate ?
Since I am an international applicant, is this dingville already or can I live to die another day ??
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 10:04
fedp HaasBass

Thaks guys!!! Good luck
Director
Director
Evening & Weekend vs. Executive MBA Programs: How to Choose, Part II  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 11:00
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Evening & Weekend vs. Executive MBA Programs: How to Choose, Part II
There’s more than one path to an MBA, and for many people, a full-time program just isn’t in the cards. Perhaps you’ve already launched your career, or have started a family.

That’s why we offer two part-time MBA programs. The Evening & Weekend program is designed to be a three-year, six-semester program;our executives program meets every three weeks from Thursday through Saturday over the course of 19 months.

Both programs offer the same rich resources and result in the same Berkeley degree. But which program is right for you? In this two-part series (See Part I), we spoke with two couples in which each partner chose a different part-time program.

Tatiana Medvedeva and Sergey Averchenkov live in Mountain View and are engaged to be married. Both are Russian – she’s from St. Petersberg, he’s from Moscow – but they met in the U.S. in 2011. Sergey will receive his degree from the evening and weekend program in 2017, while Tatiana will graduate from the executive program in December 2015.

Why did you both decide to get your degrees at the same time?

She said:  We were both at a place in our careers where going to business school just made sense. The timing for both of us was good, before we decide to have children.

What are you each doing professionally besides studying at Berkeley?

He said:  I’m Vice President of the Engineering Department at Gbox, a small start-up in Redwood City. We’re just coming out of stealth mode, trying to create a business engine for creative people to monetize on movie-making capabilities.

She said:  I’m a Director of Product Management for Intermedia, a company that provides cloud services for small and medium-sized businesses.

How did you decide between the Executive MBA and the Evening & Weekend MBA programs?Image

He said: I chose the evening and weekend program because I wanted to have more time to pursue extracurricular activities and the schedule is less intense than that of the executive program. Ultimately, I want to build my own start-up – I’m now working on creating my own business plan and model.

She said: I felt like 19 months was a better timeline for me. Within the class demographic, I knew I would be among peers with very similar experiences to mine. I also had more flexibility around my work schedule than Sergey, so I could take a couple of days off every few weeks.

What are the challenges of being a “two MBA” household?

She said:  Time is definitely the main issue. It’s a challenge that we have different class schedules – when I have a break, he’s busy with his homework. It’s difficult to coordinate our down-time.

He said: We do like to fantasize what will happen once we have our free time back! We’re making this significant investment to advance in our careers. So a frequent topic of discussion is: What’s next? How are we going to achieve our goals?

What are the advantages?

He said: We’re definitely benefiting from exposure to the networks of both programs. The connections and people have been just unbelievable. We’ve made more friends in the past six months than in the past ten years. And the professors in both programs have been phenomenal.

She said: You can’t go wrong when you’re ranked among the top ten U.S. business schools. We’ve really been enjoying the classroom atmosphere. And Haas was a great fit in terms of the culture. It’s very open – everyone is so generous with sharing their experience, information, and collaborative studying. You don’t always find that in other business schools. It’s one of the main reasons we chose Haas.

To take a closer look at these two programs, check out our Compare and Contrast blog post.

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 11:47
so quiet...anybody in the US hear back today?
Intern
Intern
WE: Broadcasting (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 12:30
ixthoughtxso wrote:

Nothing yet. Staring at my phone and willing it to ring hasn't worked for me.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 12:31
Driscoll wrote:
ixthoughtxso wrote:

Nothing yet. Staring at my phone and willing it to ring hasn't worked for me.

I did that yesterday and it didn't work for me either. Someone else got a call at the same time though so I think I just misdirected my will power. I will try again today.
Intern
Intern
WE: Broadcasting (Entertainment and Sports)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 13:06
Just received the call in NYC! I'm in - call was at 3.45pm Eastern time.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 15:46
Driscoll wrote:
Just received the call in NYC! I'm in - call was at 3.45pm Eastern time.

Well done!! Maybe my prediction about late interviews was right ;)

Still waiting and hoping for a call of my own...
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.81

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 15:51
just got the call about 20 minutes ago. midwest-based. so excited!

hang in there everyone! good luck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 15:58
Congratz to all who got in and best of luck to the rest of us.....couple of hours left to go
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 18:11
In! Got the call at 4:30 eastern time. Boston-based.

No mention of scholarships! Any other admitted students hear re: scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.58
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 18:13
This may be nothing, but I'm west coast and got a call from an unknown number around 5 PST. The call cut off as I answered in my office, which has horrible reception. Calls from unknown numbers are highly unusual for me(like 0 in the past month), so given the timing, I suspect it may be Stephanie and she decided to call back later instead of leaving a message since it's still early. Will update here if it happens.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 20:53
All, I got the call around 6:30 PM central time from an unknown number. So excited, good luck to all still waiting.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V47

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 21:08
merper wrote:
This may be nothing, but I'm west coast and got a call from an unknown number around 5 PST. The call cut off as I answered in my office, which has horrible reception. Calls from unknown numbers are highly unusual for me(like 0 in the past month), so given the timing, I suspect it may be Stephanie and she decided to call back later instead of leaving a message since it's still early. Will update here if it happens.

The call I received was also from an unknown number, and there was some weird static connection at the beginning that took a second or two before we could hear each other. Seems consistent with what you're describing.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '17 (I)

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2015, 23:44
Do they call on results day or is it all over ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas '17 (D)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 04:21
utkgp wrote:
Do they call on results day or is it all over ?

From everything I've heard, it's extremely unlikely to be admitted at this point. The best you should hope for is making the waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 04:28
Got a call around 7pm PST. (West coast based)
Very excited! :-D
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.58
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 07:25
lastwaltz55 wrote:
merper wrote:

The call I received was also from an unknown number, and there was some weird static connection at the beginning that took a second or two before we could hear each other. Seems consistent with what you're describing.

It may not be her. I didn't receive any call last night. I did receive another call this morning around 6:50 AM that I missed again, but it seems unlikely she'd call so early and also not leave a message again if she couldn't reach me. Lol, it probably is the DNC trying to get money - with awful timing as usual.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.42
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2015, 09:26
Awfully quiet here. Looks like it might be a day of disappointment...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2015, 09:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44  ...  46    Next  [ 920 posts ] 

Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: variantguy