Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Ivey Business School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Schools: Said'16 (I)
GPA: 3.9
WE:Consulting (Retail)
Send PM
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Calling Judge(Cambridge) Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2016 [#permalink]
Anybody got an interview invite? Interview dates being 29May/1June, I think they must have released invites.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No updates as of now. I believe even if an application is unsuccessful, they will inform.

Regards

Yash
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
I also applied R5. Haven't heard a word back yet. Based on previous rounds, I expected to hear back either yesterday or today, but still nothing.
Send PM
I have now lost the hope of getting interview invite. I assume they will send out dinges in coming days
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had put in a query. Adcom has replied back saying they will release decisions by next week
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Got dinged by Cambridge today. Should have known it was a waste of time to apply in R5.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Same here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Said'16 (A)
GRE 1: Q165 V164
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Same here
Send PM
Same here. I think it was not wise to apply in R5
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Any R5 applicants heard back from Judge after the interview? I did mine over the phone one week ago and haven't got any update. Maybe they will issue all the decisions 3 days after the campus interview day (1 June)?
Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
FROM Cambridge Admissions Blog: The MBA industry
I am in Denver this week for the GMAC Annual Industry conference. This is the get-together for admissions professionals all around the world and it continues to grow year-on-year which is a reflection of the healthy global market for management education.

One indicator of just how large the GMAC conference has become is the number of side events that have sprung up, mostly organised by vendors. This year, I attended the Poets and Quants and Princeton Review Clients’ Conference for the first time.

But because the GMAC conference is so huge, most of your time is spent going from breakout session to breakout session that you never get to really speak to anyone whom you don’t already know. OK, unless you get separated from your coterie during lunch and you’ve got to insert yourself in a table of strangers. In comparison, the P&Q and Princeton Review Conference was a smaller affair of about 50 schools and it took place over a day so I found more time for quality conversations with people from a wide range of schools.

What struck me from my discussions was the sheer scale and breadth of US management education. While everyone knows that there are tonnes of business schools in the US, what isn’t so apparent is that most of the US schools are reasonably sophisticated in their internal processes, whether that be in programme innovation, admissions, marketing, careers etc. I am not saying that every US school is of the same standard or has the same level of resources as the top schools, but that there is a very large group of schools that are what many would consider “good enough” in terms of producing graduates who are reasonably prepared for the workplace or to start their own businesses. Whereas I would say that there is a much smaller group of schools in Europe or Asia with the same level of sophistication, although many schools are catching up very quickly.

The next question should be whether the large number of MBA or business school graduates from US schools confers a certain economic advantage to the US. It is well-documented that the US economy is unrivalled in its ability to produce companies that are industry disrupters, or the more sexy-sounding unicorns (those rare $1billion companies) although again, Europe and Asia are catching up. But I also think that large number of business school graduates gives the US a certain managerial advantage. Now, this advantage is not that apparent for the mainstream MBA recruiters because for the large part, these will be global companies even if they are headquartered in the US and they will hire globally anyway. But the real advantage will come from the non-mainstream recruiters, or the more local companies (which in the US context can still be very large companies).

In comparison, the UK has a number of good business schools that can hold their own globally, and I will say that Cambridge is one of them. A very high percentage of graduates from these schools do get employed in top companies. But there isn’t the same level of depth in recruitment across the UK. Most MBAs will work in London, and to a smaller degree, Manchester, whereas in the US, there are many good regional schools that supply MBA talent to regional US companies.

So I am going to be self-serving and suggest that one thing that could help the UK, and Europe in general, improve its productivity could be to have a broader mix of companies who appreciate the skills and knowledge that MBAs bring. And of course hire MBAs and give them the conditions so that they can contribute across different sectors and more importantly, across different regions.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Hey,

Congratulations on getting into Cambridge!!

For those of you who have plans to get a job in the US after b-school, you should definitely check out pymetrics.

pymetrics is a neuroscience game-based platform that reveals your traits and matches you with companies and jobs you're compatible with.

It's free, fun and easy.

https://bit.ly/1JxEviS
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72887 [0]
Given Kudos: 18868
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Cambridge Judge Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Cambridge Judge Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Cambridge Judge Forum for all fresh things related to the Cambridge Judge MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts