It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 12:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Ryerson (Ted Rogers) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake)Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3801 [0], given: 2448

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling Ryerson (Ted Rogers) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2016, 23:36

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Re: Calling Ryerson (Ted Rogers) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2016, 23:40
Welcome to all Ryerson full time MBA applicants! Use this platform to know each-other, build network, exchange ideas/information, discuss application strategies, share interview /school visit experiences, and boost one-another's morale to face the tough admission process.

Good luck to all!

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Re: Calling Ryerson (Ted Rogers) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake)Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2016, 23:50
We request all applicants to add Ryerson's MBA program to your MBA timeline so that the applicant stats displayed in the first post reflect true picture of admissions. While adding the program, MAKE SURE you are setting it for graduation year i.e. 'Class of 2018'.

Attachment:
Ryerson.png
Ryerson.png [ 170.34 KiB | Viewed 2787 times ]

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2016, 23:51

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
P

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2016, 23:52

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2017, 09:50
Am I the only one?
I applied in november 2016. I have got a partial acceptance as the university wants me to give GMAT again.

I have some questions myself. Writing them below in hope that someone will answer

1) When exactly does the course start in may? and when does it end
2) What is Ryerson MBA famous for, as in Genral/finance, etc
3) What are the job prospects upon graduating

Thanks in advance

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 17

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 00:44
asharali1989 wrote:
Am I the only one?
I applied in november 2016. I have got a partial acceptance as the university wants me to give GMAT again.

I have some questions myself. Writing them below in hope that someone will answer

Thanks in advance

Hi Ashrali,

Can you please tell your GMAT score or the scores that the Adcom is expecting in GMAT
Thanks

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2017, 03:35
Rahulnair2802 wrote:
asharali1989 wrote:
Am I the only one?

Thanks in advance

Hi Ashrali,

Can you please tell your GMAT score or the scores that the Adcom is expecting in GMAT
Thanks

I have personally messaged you but for the sake of anyone else who may have the same query in future
I got 550 with which i applied
I was asked to retake GMAT and they are expecting a score of mid 600's, so 650 to be on safer side.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2017, 03:25
Hi everyone,

I have applied in Ted Rogers for MBA MTI. What type of questions are asked generic interview questions?
Appreciate your inputs.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 21:08
Hello.

I got this mail just now

Quote:
Dear Ashar Ali,

We are pleased to inform you that the Dean of the Yeates School of Graduate Studies, on the recommendation of the Graduate Admissions Committee of the Graduate Studies - Master of Business Admin program has reached a final decision regarding your application to the Full Time Master of Business Administration program.

To access this document, please login to your Student Centre in RAMSS (my.ryerson.ca) and look under the "Communications" section, located on the bottom right corner.

Note that communications may take up to 24 hours to appear in your Student Centre.

Thank you for your prompt attention and we look forward to your positive response, within the deadline date noted in the communication.

Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
Yeates School of Graduate Studies
grdadmit@ryerson.ca

This mail does not say that I am accepted but the words used make me feel that I am through.

Is there anyone else who has got the same mail?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Ryerson (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2017, 22:12
asharali1989 wrote:
Hello.

I got this mail just now

Quote:
Dear Ashar Ali,

We are pleased to inform you that the Dean of the Yeates School of Graduate Studies, on the recommendation of the Graduate Admissions Committee of the Graduate Studies - Master of Business Admin program has reached a final decision regarding your application to the Full Time Master of Business Administration program.

To access this document, please login to your Student Centre in RAMSS (my.ryerson.ca) and look under the "Communications" section, located on the bottom right corner.

Note that communications may take up to 24 hours to appear in your Student Centre.

Thank you for your prompt attention and we look forward to your positive response, within the deadline date noted in the communication.

Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
Yeates School of Graduate Studies
grdadmit@ryerson.ca

This mail does not say that I am accepted but the words used make me feel that I am through.

Is there anyone else who has got the same mail?

I got the same e-mail, looks like its acceptance - go to the RAMSS and double check.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 02:18
Hi Guyz, I am from IT background with 6.5 years of work ex. I have few questions regarding this program.

1. What is job prospects and placement stats (% placed, Average salary etc.) of last year students? Specially for international students.
2. Is it easy to get part time jobs in Toronto?
3. Is it worth to leave a settle job in India and move to Canada?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 02:53
This post received
KUDOS
MPCBLA wrote:
Hi Guyz, I am from IT background with 6.5 years of work ex. I have few questions regarding this program.

1. What is job prospects and placement stats (% placed, Average salary etc.) of last year students? Specially for international students.
2. Is it easy to get part time jobs in Toronto?
3. Is it worth to leave a settle job in India and move to Canada?

Define your priorities. Be clear of exactly what you want

Toronto is the commercial capital on Canada. All major businesses are either set up there or atleast have an office.
Ryerson is in the heart of toronto and considered 3rd best MBA school in toronto

To answer your first question, job prospects will be there, it depends on you and me that how well can we market ourselves.
As per university, they say 90% placement. Frankly you will get a job even without the MBA degree as u have 6.5 years experience. only issue is visa. Dont worry about job

Very easy to get part time job, they have this craig list and other websites which upload student specific jobs. minimum pay is 10.5 CAD/hour
on your student visa , you can work 20 hours a week.
Take up a job during foundational course semester as study burden will be less. DO NOT make any dependency on this part time. Have sufficient funds, so that u can focus completely on management studies.
Free time, use that to help your batch mates in different countries using chegg, answer their questions and make 500- 1000 CAD/ month

3. I wonder if there is anything which is settled. Infosys fired thousands of people just like that who thought they were secure. Point being, calculate the pros and cons for ur self. check your emotional, physical and economical status.
3 lakh is what u will get per month after graduation in canada, health benefits, children education, family health benefits. improved life style for u and your family.
although Bit cold and u will have to get used to use toilet paper.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 04:08
I completely agree with your view regarding Toronto.
I am just concerned about program reputation and worth of investing time and money. I have also heard that for a experienced guy job will not be a problem but wanted to know previous stats for IT people.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 04:49
MPCBLA wrote:
I am just concerned about program reputation and worth of investing time and money. I have also heard that for a experienced guy job will not be a problem but wanted to know previous stats for IT people.

http://www.financialpost.com/executive/ ... index.html

check this link out, It may give u an idea

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 07:55
asharali1989 wrote:
MPCBLA wrote:

Thanks for explaining all that above in detail! I was looking for some answers and your post answered them pretty well.
Well im 30 year old with 9 years exp (4+ as a Co-Founder of an IT firm) and will be applying somewhere next Month as my gmat is due on 4th. I would really appreciate if you can share some exp about the application process and as per your post it seems with this exp getting a job after MBA shouldn't be that difficult considering i do well in my mba but what if im looking for a career shift?

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2017, 09:10
asharali1989 wrote:
MPCBLA wrote:

Thanks for the info!!
But figures seems bit old. Do you have any recent info like this?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 03:35
MPCBLA wrote:
asharali1989 wrote:
MPCBLA wrote:

Thanks for the info!!
But figures seems bit old. Do you have any recent info like this?

I am sorry, i do not have any recent data.
If you get any plz share

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 03:45
anniesgh wrote:
asharali1989 wrote:
MPCBLA wrote:

Thanks for explaining all that above in detail! I was looking for some answers and your post answered them pretty well.
Well im 30 year old with 9 years exp (4+ as a Co-Founder of an IT firm) and will be applying somewhere next Month as my gmat is due on 4th. I would really appreciate if you can share some exp about the application process and as per your post it seems with this exp getting a job after MBA shouldn't be that difficult considering i do well in my mba but what if im looking for a career shift?

1st step is GMAT
4rth March? when is the dead line for applying?
May 1st the classes start in Ryerson

If career shift is what you want , then decide what kind of career u want to get into.
Then find the program associated to ur choice of career. Find the top universities in that program and then apply in few of those selecting based on economic/brand/qualitiy of education etc

If Ryerson has a program which fits ur need, get mid 600 score in Gmat and u r through.

Job will not be an issue ever. U will get the job, the challenge is finding a job which u would love doing.

Anyway, do ur research, u will find more results. Score 650 and be safe.

Manager
Manager
B

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 08:20
asharali1989 wrote:
1st step is GMAT
4rth March? when is the dead line for applying?
May 1st the classes start in Ryerson

If career shift is what you want , then decide what kind of career u want to get into.
Then find the program associated to ur choice of career. Find the top universities in that program and then apply in few of those selecting based on economic/brand/qualitiy of education etc

If Ryerson has a program which fits ur need, get mid 600 score in Gmat and u r through.

Job will not be an issue ever. U will get the job, the challenge is finding a job which u would love doing.

Anyway, do ur research, u will find more results. Score 650 and be safe.

Yes 4th of march but i will be applying for Sept session and July 3 is the deadline but i will be applying way earlier.

I wanted to go for consulting but i was told that consulting means a lot of travel so now im left with either of these - sustainability/strategic management

-U will get the job, the challenge is finding a job which u would love doing. - elaborate a bit please :)

Also for the recommendations - they need to be from a senior or any colleague can do it?

Re: Calling Ryerson (Ted Rogers) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake)Class of 2018   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2017, 08:20

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 36 posts ] 

Calling Ryerson (Ted Rogers) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake)Class of 2018

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap