[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "232_school_count"
Calling Simon Rochester MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 : Simon (Rochester) - Page 15
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 02:12 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 02:12
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q159 V157
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Other, Leadership
GPA: 3
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GRE 1: Q168 V160
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon Rochester MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Kudos
Anyone who has applied with gmat waiver and got admitted here ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon Rochester MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Has anyone tried to talk to the uni for more scholarship?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ShrutiKini wrote:
Anyone who has applied with gmat waiver and got admitted here ?

I got a gmat waiver and admitted with $$

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Calling Simon Rochester MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
Applied R2 last thursday, got interviewed the day after, got accepted today with 60% Forté scholarship :)! Don´t lose hope!

Applied with gmat/gre waiver.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
karlaclass2026 wrote:
Applied R2 last thursday, got interviewed the day after, got accepted today with 60% Forté scholarship :)! Don´t loose hope!

for R2 ???? they decided that fast ? can you share your background please?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
yteja1 wrote:
karlaclass2026 wrote:
Applied R2 last thursday, got interviewed the day after, got accepted today with 60% Forté scholarship :)! Don´t loose hope!

for R2 ???? they decided that fast ? can you share your background please?

Yup! I had attended a few of the Simon events so the Admissions committee knew about me before I applied. I did my undergrad in econ and have 6 years of work experience at a CPG company.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GRE 1: Q168 V160
Send PM
Is there an informal group or something for people who got in? please let me know :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
What is the final decision date for R2 Candidates?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jan 5

sorry its March 31*
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hey guys,

Since the deadline date for paying the deposit of round 1 is close, I am really stressed, and I want your help

I want to join the school, but the rest of the amount needed for I-20 Proof of funding after deducting the scholarship amount is still huge for me, and I am confused about how I will go about it and apply for Visa.

- Do we need the total amount in our bank statement while applying for a Visa?
- If I can cover first-year tuition fees, will international students be able to collect the 2nd year fees while working there?

Any advice you can give will help me a lot; feel free to direct me to other chats/forums if there is one relevant to this topic. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Does University of Rochester offer Student loan? Any idea?

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
SIABuFF wrote:
Does University of Rochester offer Student loan? Any idea? Posted from my mobile device

Have you not negotiated the scholarships yet?

Ren313 wrote:
Hey guys, Since the deadline date for paying the deposit of round 1 is close, I am really stressed, and I want your help I want to join the school, but the rest of the amount needed for I-20 Proof of funding after deducting the scholarship amount is still huge for me, and I am confused about how I will go about it and apply for Visa. - Do we need the total amount in our bank statement while applying for a Visa? - If I can cover first-year tuition fees, will international students be able to collect the 2nd year fees while working there? Any advice you can give will help me a lot; feel free to direct me to other chats/forums if there is one relevant to this topic. Thanks!

I know that this falls under our paid service- Aftermath at MBA Conquerors but to still give you an idea- try to ask for more scholarship first. For the deposit deadline, I think there is still time to plan. For the bank statements, the loan companies will ask you to produce the difference of the amount you have taken to ensure you are in good standing. So, not only will second year not help you yield most returns (assuming you’re an international student because you mentioned i-20), because you will only be allowed to work on campus to the best of my knowledge and the pay is really low as well, and you are only allowed to work less than 20 hours/week. (This is based on our last update). Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
SIABuFF wrote:
Does University of Rochester offer Student loan? Any idea? Posted from my mobile device

I am not admitted yet. I have my interview today
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
SIABuFF wrote:

Ren313 wrote:
Hey guys, Since the deadline date for paying the deposit of round 1 is close, I am really stressed, and I want your help I want to join the school, but the rest of the amount needed for I-20 Proof of funding after deducting the scholarship amount is still huge for me, and I am confused about how I will go about it and apply for Visa. - Do we need the total amount in our bank statement while applying for a Visa? - If I can cover first-year tuition fees, will international students be able to collect the 2nd year fees while working there? Any advice you can give will help me a lot; feel free to direct me to other chats/forums if there is one relevant to this topic. Thanks!

I know that this falls under our paid service- Aftermath at MBA Conquerors but to still give you an idea- try to ask for more scholarship first. For the deposit deadline, I think there is still time to plan. For the bank statements, the loan companies will ask you to produce the difference of the amount you have taken to ensure you are in good standing. So, not only will second year not help you yield most returns (assuming you’re an international student because you mentioned i-20), because you will only be allowed to work on campus to the best of my knowledge and the pay is really low as well, and you are only allowed to work less than 20 hours/week. (This is based on our last update). Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions

I tried negotiating the scholarships with Simon, but they do not offer any chance to do that. The scholarship that comes with the offer would be our final scholarship.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 973 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
SIABuFF wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
Have you not negotiated the scholarships yet? I am not admitted yet. I have my interview today

Good luck with the interview. I help people negotiate scholarships. I’m already an MBA. But I’m happy to advice people.

Don’t settle for less y’all. Get the most out of it

AllenWu wrote:
I tired negotiating the scholarships with Simon, but they do not have any chances

If you go with the standard procedure, you’ll never be able to maximize your scholarship offer. It’s just like how you don’t just apply to the business school without a plan. Same with scholarships

I used to be a mod here, and gmatclub was in a way an outlet from my broken world that I was in before MBA. I stayed consistent to help everyone who’s been struggling like I was. But it’s not over yet, keep going. You guys got this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance!
I applied to a few schools and got offers, and I'm still applying to other schools, but I need to confirm the acceptance of the other school's offer and pay a deposit, will there be any effect if I don't go to the school after I pay the deposit? Or if I pay deposits for several schools at the same time?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
GMAT Focus 1:
655 Q85 V84 DI78
Send PM
You won’t get the deposit back from the schools once you pay it. It is non-refundable.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  43