It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 21:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Camille Claudet worked continuously through the 1880s and

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 621 [0], given: 6

Camille Claudet worked continuously through the 1880s and [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 21:46
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Camille Claudet worked continuously through the 1880’s and early 1890’s with the sculptor Auguste Rodin; since there are very few signed works of hers, the inescapable conclusion seems to be one of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period.

(A) inescapable conclusion seems to be one of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period
(B) conclusion of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period seems inescapable
(C) conclusion seems inescapable that part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period was conceived and executed by Claudet
(D) conclusion of part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period having been conceived and executed by Claudet seems inescapable
(E) seemingly inescapable conclusion is that Claudet would have conceived and executed part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period

:roll:

If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 510 [0], given: 0

Re: SC - Inescapable Conclusion [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 22:07
Hmm...difficult one.
I think it shld be E. will post the reason once ans is confirmed

Kudos [?]: 510 [0], given: 0

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 1034 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 22:38
priyankur_saha@ml.com wrote:
Camille Claudet worked continuously through the 1880’s and early 1890’s with the sculptor Auguste Rodin; since there are very few signed works of hers, the inescapable conclusion seems to be one of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period.

(A) inescapable conclusion seems to be one of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period
(B) conclusion of Claudet conceiving and executing part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period seems inescapable
(C) conclusion seems inescapable that part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period was conceived and executed by Claudet
(D) conclusion of part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period having been conceived and executed by Claudet seems inescapable
(E) seemingly inescapable conclusion is that Claudet would have conceived and executed part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period

tough one though

Ask the below questions to yourself..
What seems inescapable? .. conclusion.
Why conclusion seems inescapable?

I will go for C.
C describes best.

Conclusion seems inescapable.. because.. part of Rodin's Production exceuted and conceived by Claudet.

In other optons.. separting "conclusion" and "seems inescapable" --> makes sentences ambigous.. and awkard.

in E . seemingly inescapable conclusion --> awkward
also using conditional form "would have been" distorts the original meaning..

Your attitude determines your altitude
Smiling wins more friends than frowning

Kudos [?]: 1034 [0], given: 5

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 4

Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2009, 22:50
I'll go with E

A,B,D can be taken out because 'conclusion of claudet' is incorrect.

E is better than C because of the following reason

'C' has many more words between 'conclusion' and 'that' than does E. Ideally the fewer the words the better the clarity is. This is evident in E

Hence, I think E is better

Cheers,
Unplugged

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 4

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 455 [0], given: 14

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 01:54
I'll go with C......

C is more concise and clear

Kudos [?]: 455 [0], given: 14

SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 278 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 02:19
I will also go with E for concision " seemingly inescapable conclusion is that " vs "conclusion seems inescapable that " in C.

Kudos [?]: 278 [0], given: 0

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 18:02
A is wrong because seems to be one of

I think E is right.

conclusion that seems inescapable or inescapable conclusion any thing is at best prediction based on lack of signed stuff.

would have expresses that prediction.

C establishes as if it were verified. Does not it? Also C is in passive voice. we can avoid one if we have another choice in active.

Also read this by itself

the conclusion seems inescapable that part of Rodin’s enormous production of that period was conceived and executed by Claudet

It seems to say that some thing else is the conclusion. Does not say that Rodin's enormous prod itself is the conclusion.

Kudos [?]: 423 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 18:08
I agree with the previous post, I think the major difference between C and E is the passive voice vs. the active. I'll go with E.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

Schools: Life

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 20:12
priyankur_saha@ml.com wrote:

E for me. I thought C, but realized that "the conclusion seems inescapable" is awkward.

OA?

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2009, 21:01
Thanks, OA is C.

Here is whatever I understood:

- Here either it should be "one of a part" or "one of parts". But "one of part" is wrong.
- "seems inescapable" is wrongly modifying "period"
- Though passive but correct
- "seems inescapable" is wrongly modifying "conceive and execution"
- "Would have conceived" is wrong use here.

If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space

Re: SC - Inescapable Conclusion   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2009, 21:01