It is currently 19 Jan 2018, 13:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 01:36
Hi everyone..

Ive decided to start my gmat and work towards mba seriously though ive been mulling over it for the past 3-4 years got distracted with work and pregnancy..

working currently as application analyst/scrum mastger
exp 10 years
undergrad gpa : 80%
12th and 10th 96% and 84%

planning to take my gmat in Feb/march for Jan intake..
looking for colleges esp in Canada rottman,sauder,york,ivey

Is it wise to target May deadline and try to cramp my applications to join Sep intake.. not every college has Jan intake so i would have to wait another year to join Sep intake if i miss this deadline

Anyone applied in the last round got admitted..

esp ppl with work exp not fresh out of college.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 56

Re: Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Dec 2017, 19:41
sagitomba wrote:
Hi everyone..

Ive decided to start my gmat and work towards mba seriously though ive been mulling over it for the past 3-4 years got distracted with work and pregnancy..

exp 10 years

Is it wise to target May deadline and try to cramp my applications to join Sep intake.. not every college has Jan intake so i would have to wait another year to join Sep intake if i miss this deadline

R3 deadlines do work out for applicants, but there are some factors to consider. The biggest one is- will you need a visa to study. If the admit decision is too close to the joining date, it may not leave you with enough time to process your visa. This happens to several candidates every year.

If you don't require a visa and scholarships are not a consideration, then you could take that chance.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Last minute turn-around of ISB applications click here

Want last minute feedback on your essays? Ask about our pay per essay service.

Kudos [?]: 174 [0], given: 56

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: The MBA Exchange

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

INSEAD: MBA
Re: Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Dec 2017, 10:46
Schools definitely do admit applicants in the last round. However, it is always recommended to apply as early as possible in the application process (i.e. R1 and R2).

I get your point though. If you do not apply now, you will have to wait one more year as most of your target schools (i.e. Rotman, Sauder and Ivey) do not have a January intake. The main issue I see here is age and years of work experience. Typical age averages for those schools are 26-27 yo, and with 4-5 years of work experience. You already have 10 years of work experience, and by 2019 you'll have about 12 years. You risk that the schools may encourage you to apply to an eMBA Program. This could be a factor to consider applying for the Sep 2018 intake.

However, the previous commenter is right. We do not know whether you are an international student and will require visa. If so, definitely apply in R1 or R2 for the 2019 intake.

In short, try to apply for the Sep 2018 intake unless you are an international student.

Alex Ruiz Lee, INSEAD MBA
HR Director
Independent Consultant
MBA Admissions & Career Coach

+52 1 55 2702 0059
alex@ruizlee.es | alex.lee@insead.edu
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexruizlee
http://www.ruizlee.es

Please, email me your CV for a free evaluation of your candidacy

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 11:54
Good question...your age is the first thing that jumped out to me...and most schools will understand why you are applying at this age (pregnancy, etc.) but you will still have to make a strong case. It feels like given your age you should probably try and get your application in as soon as possible. Obviously that will largely be determined by how well your GMAT prep goes. So I would really lean on this to guide your decisions. If you can secure a competitive score then consider going with the next option if not then next cycle might make more sense especially if you think you have some upside with the GMAT

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 276 [0], given: 0

Admission Consultant
S
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 60

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
WE: Operations (Other)
Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 09:45
sagitomba wrote:
Hi everyone..

exp 10 years

Good comments already made.
For more details, or for a personalized, detailed and free evaluation, feel free to connect.
Given your profile, you would definitely benefit from Resumes that are much stronger and achievements that are fully ready by the time your scores come out. I strongly suggest having a tentative target bucket of schools (information from your mocks and the other factors) and work on your source documents until then. Then you can use them either in Mar or later in Sep, thus giving you the choice.

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)

The Ivy League Edge (MBA - Yale SOM)

Interviewing soon? Connect for Unlimited Mock Interviews at your convenience, and preparation with Interview Questions.

Applying for Fall 2019? PM me your resume for a FREE detailed profile evaluation.

Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953

Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS
We take PERSONAL interest in your success.

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 60

Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2017, 09:45

Can i Target final round for Sep intake or Round 1 for Jan intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap