GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 19:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

can somebody analyse the gmat prep mock test result for Verbal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
can somebody analyse the gmat prep mock test result for Verbal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 10:52
Hi ,
can somebody analyse the below mock test result for me because i am clueless how i got V28 , that is too low. I though miss one question in verbal.
Please provide your feedback as how can i improve my verbal score.
Break up of wrong questions is :
SC --> 3
CR --->3
RC ----> 4
Attachments

2018-10-07 (1).png
2018-10-07 (1).png [ 36.04 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

2018-10-07.png
2018-10-07.png [ 35.89 KiB | Viewed 203 times ]

What to do if you are new to GMAT:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-to-do-if-you-are-new-272708.html#p2108758

GMAC official guides : https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmac-official-guides-the-master-directory-links-240610.html#p1854935

Give me kudos if you like it , it's totally harmless :)

PS Forum Moderator
P
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: can somebody analyse the gmat prep mock test result for Verbal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2018, 11:34
Hey GMATbuster92,

Heard your test is in 7 days on the main chat... All the best! I am no expert but here are my two cents -

Your verbal might have tanked way too much for 10 wrong answers because you got 3 of those 10 in the first 8 itself. Now as you know the adaptive CAT begins with easy-medium questions so getting your first question wrong can damage you pretty bad with final score.

One positive could be that you don't have a specific weakness - your # of wrongs are pretty much consistent in all three sections. Now you need to see why you got those specific questions wrong and probably do as many official questions as possible. One trick could be to google each of the wrong questions and try to find it here on gmat club to figure out what level it was. This will tell you if you got too many easy/medium questions wrong and what sections those were in.

Focus on sections you are missing easy/medium questions first followed by the other sections. This should help in my opinion.

Tagging some other experts/mods to add their view on this too! workout nightblade354 gmatbusters bb pushpitkc

Best,
Gladiator59
Director
Director
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: can somebody analyse the gmat prep mock test result for Verbal  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 08:30
Hi GMATbuster92,

Yeah, I agree with the post above. You got 2 first questions wrong. Another reason might be that you got 3 wrong questions in a row. Check out the following thread for what-if scenarios to understand how the scoring algorithm works:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/new-format-g ... 69682.html

hope this helps!

Non progredi est regredi

Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2018, 09:59
Hi GMATbuster92,

I’m glad you reached out, and I’m happy to help. First off, your verbal score is based on not only the number of questions you answer correct/incorrect, but also the difficulty of those questions, among other things. Thus, rather than spending timing worrying about the GMAC algorithm, you really should focus on the things you can control, and the number one thing you can control is getting better at the GMAT. If you get to a point at which you can dominate the GMAT, the specifics of the scoring algorithm won't matter because you will have the skills you need to get an amazing score, right?

That being said, I see you scored a V28 on your latest practice exam, and your actual GMAT is in 7 days. What is your actual goal score? If necessary, are you able to take your GMAT at a later date?

Please reach out with any further questions.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: can somebody analyse the gmat prep mock test result for Verbal &nbs [#permalink] 09 Oct 2018, 09:59

can somebody analyse the gmat prep mock test result for Verbal

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap