Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:26 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 149 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11669 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
RSM Erasmus Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1360 [0]
Given Kudos: 641
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: Erasmus (II)
Send PM
Re: Cancelled 730 (Q49 V40) right move? [#permalink]
SynPo800 wrote:
Hi all as the topic states, just took the GMAT and scored a Q49 V40...disappointing considering I haven't scored under a V44 (V44-V47) on any of the six GMATprep practice exams. Verbal timing was definitely an issue, I wasn't expecting 5 long RC.

I have low undergrad GPA (3.1, engineering - large stage school) and a 3.5 MS in engineering from an IVY. My target schools are H/S/W so I assume I need to retake and get my score up. Thoughts?

It is great score to keep. Don not hesitate to pay to retrieve it back.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1256 [0]
Given Kudos: 402
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Hi 730 is very good 'bargain' to keep for, even if you plan to retake. If you want to change your mind, you can reactivate within 72 hours in the gmac website.

Who knows your second gmat gives you lower than 730 ? Google about 'retake gmat lower scorr'. Surprisinglu, most people experience lower score during their second retake. In my case, my second retake dropped by 40, from 620 to 580. Now I am scoring like you: Q49 V40 (but 720).

If you get 760 or above on the retake (I truly hope you do and may I reach that soonest), then of course it will reflect in your score report. But don't worry, H/S/W will note how committed you are to excellence, how serious you are to apply the top-tier b-schools, and how you have progressed positively.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM