GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 11:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Carlson(UoM) MSBA vs Fuqua(Duke) MQM

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which college do I choose?

• 100% [2]
  • 0% [0]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Carlson(UoM) MSBA vs Fuqua(Duke) MQM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 06:55
Hi Everyone,

I got admits for Carlson MSBA and Fuqua MQM and I have to make a decision by Jan 5th. I tried making a pros and cons list but both of them are pretty comparable in everything. The differences I got were:

Carlson : Is in a big city and has better ranking and placement stats
Fuqua: Has a better reputation and has way better weather but many of the forums say it doesn't have good enough placement stats

Their cost and length of the program is the same. I checked the curriculum and it's almost the same, at least the track that I have chosen.
Location wise, I would say Both are situated around the same distance from major cities. Carlson is slightly closer to Indianapolis and then there's Chicago. Duke is slightly closer to Washington and then there's New York.
About past students performance, average mean salary for all is around 80-85k and 99-100% placement by 6th months.
I just feel Duke's alumni network is slightly better than Carlson's, but then I read 2-3 forums which said finding a job after Duke is tough.

Any inputs would help me out considerably.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Carlson(UoM) MSBA vs Fuqua(Duke) MQM  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 07:09
kevinsheth94

Check the following topics. They are not the exact same comparison but some info in those threads might help you.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-msba ... fl=similar
https://gmatclub.com/forum/duke-fuqua-m ... fl=similar
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 07:21
Both programs will lead to the Business analytics career. If I were you, I would lean to the cheaper as I do not want to have a lot of burden and also It may give a room for future development when you decide to so an MBA or other degree or even get house......etc.

I assume Carlson is cheaper than Fuqua, if so I will go to Carlson.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 08:09
Thanks a lot for the replies!

Mo2men wrote:
Both programs will lead to the Business analytics career. If I were you, I would lean to the cheaper as I do not want to have a lot of burden and also It may give a room for future development when you decide to so an MBA or other degree or even get house......etc.

The cost for both the programs listed on their website is around $60k. So there isnt much difference between the 2.
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 09:57
kevinsheth94 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the replies!

Mo2men wrote:

The cost for both the programs listed on their website is around $60k. So there isnt much difference between the 2.

Please check the curriculum for one deeper look and even compare the electives if any and then see which one you like more, If still equal again, then I would certainly go to the best recruitment. I think you lean to Carlson in this case.

P.S. If you have the ranking that says Carlson in 6th place, you can check the whole ranking and check Fuqua place. Maybe those comment on forums had odd situation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Carlson(UoM) MSBA vs Fuqua(Duke) MQM   [#permalink] 25 Dec 2018, 09:57

Carlson(UoM) MSBA vs Fuqua(Duke) MQM

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste