GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 02:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Coffee Chat with Rotman Assistant Admissions Director

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Coffee Chat with Rotman Assistant Admissions Director  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 11:12
Hello all,

I may have landed a unique opportunity of (potentially) one-on-one half-hour coffee chat with a Rotman Assistant Director, Recruitment and Admissions!

This might be my chance to give back to the GMATclub community by compiling and asking any questions you may have in addition to my own.

Please post all your questions in this thread, I will subsequently add them to this post so we can keep an overview of things.
I will post & pin all the respective answers to this thread.

Would also welcome your advice and dos & don'ts on how to approach this coffee chat!

Thanks!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Coffee Chat with Rotman Assistant Admissions Director  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 11:21
Great Job GmatDisciple

I want to refer you to one of the chats we have conducted recently with an admission committee to give you an idea of the questions to ask.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/aug-6-chat-w ... l#p2336262
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 00:52
GmatDisciple wrote:
Hello all,

I may have landed a unique opportunity of (potentially) one-on-one half-hour coffee chat with a Rotman Assistant Director, Recruitment and Admissions!

This might be my chance to give back to the GMATclub community by compiling and asking any questions you may have in addition to my own.

Please post all your questions in this thread, I will subsequently add them to this post so we can keep an overview of things.
I will post & pin all the respective answers to this thread.

Would also welcome your advice and dos & don'ts on how to approach this coffee chat!

Thanks!

That's nice. Good luck with the coffee chat! We have prepared a list of questions that one can ask should he/she gets an opportunity to talk to a bschool adcom/ current student. Although the questions are generic and you probably will want to customize them somewhat for your program, it could be a good starting point. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qZR ... sp=sharing

Hope that helps!

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 17:49
Hi GMATclub community,

Here are the highlights of my discussion with the Rotman Assistant Admissions Director:

• Round 1 vs Round 2:
    If you have are able to submit a quality application then it is always preferable to apply for Round 1 than Round 2. Rotman apparently prefers Round 1 when it comes to handing out scholarships to attract the best candidates. The scholarships handed out in R1 is more than R2.
  • Application Deadlines:
    There is some leeway when it comes to the application deadlines. As long as you have a "substantially complete" application (perhaps missing a video or LoR) and if you are a "strong candidate" then the adcom would get in touch with you to get those last pieces in to let them finalize a decision. Moreover, as long as you've not been given a decision, you can try to inform the adcom of any significant updates to your application (Better GMAT for instance).
  • Creative Destruction Lab:
    The Creative Destruction lab course is highly sought after and there is usually a selection process for the same which accounts for your past experiences, you potential contributions and an additional course application from the candidates.
    The course has two parts: an introductory elective at the end of the first year and the main 9-month elective in the second year. It can be overwhelming to many and students are known to have dropped out of the course.
  • Part-time work:
    There are opportunities available to work part-time at a company in the second year. The first year load is too intense to allow part-time work, but second year students can by picking electives accordingly.
  • Rotman Research:
    Rotman faculty are known for their research output. That also present unique opportunities to collaborate with the faculty on some mini research projects or research summer internships.

Hope that helps!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Coffee Chat with Rotman Assistant Admissions Director   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2019, 17:49

Coffee Chat with Rotman Assistant Admissions Director

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Karr32