GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2019, 16:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Copenhagen Business School MBA - 2019- 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.6
Copenhagen Business School MBA - 2019- 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Nov 2018, 00:17
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for CBS MBA (2019-2020). Any thoughts, suggestions or reviews will be a lot helpful. Also, please let me know if you are also applying for CBS.

Regards
Bhargav

Originally posted by bhargavhyd on 14 Sep 2018, 12:55.
Last edited by workout on 16 Nov 2018, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.
Added school stats for 2019
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Copenhagen (A)
Re: Copenhagen Business School MBA - 2019- 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 19:25
Hi Bhargav,

I applied last week, visited the school, attended a class, and got in a couple days ago. I am curious though, why choose CBS? With a 750 GMAT, I think you'd have a good shot at many schools. Maybe we will see each other next year. Good luck!

Brendon
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 00:32
bcrew13 wrote:
Hi Bhargav,

I applied last week, visited the school, attended a class, and got in a couple days ago. I am curious though, why choose CBS? With a 750 GMAT, I think you'd have a good shot at many schools. Maybe we will see each other next year. Good luck!

Brendon

bcrew13

I recently spoke to bhargavhyd and looks like he is matriculating at a different school. How was your CBS visit? Can you write here about your school and classroom visit experience ?

Thanks.
B
Copenhagen Business School MBA - 2019- 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 18:22

Copenhagen Business School visit

Ya, definitely.

This was my first visit to the school, but not my first to the city. The MBA program is situated in one building, but the school has seven campuses across Copenhagen. The MBA building is in Frederiksberg, which is a little bit west of the downtown city, but there is a good amount going on by the campus.

I have visited a couple masters programs before, I was accepted into the MsF programs at Villanova and Boston College, but passed up on those to work, and the structure is pretty different at CBS. The MBA program is a cohort of one class, you are with the same 30-40 people in all of your classes and your classes are typically 9am-12:15 and then 13:00-16:15. Because this is a one-year program, the class curriculum is very different than a USA two-year program as the classes last about a month, though they have a year round leadership class.

On to the class experience, I was able to join in on a managerial accounting class that was mostly a lecture, but ran through exercises as a group for verifiable understanding. It seemed pretty basic to me, but it was one of the first classes, and I have a background in the study. The students are extremely collaborative, very accepting of humanities degrees, and students will tutor those that are unfamiliar or are coming from degrees outside the given class. Probably the friendliest classroom experience I've ever had, every single student came up to me, introduced themselves, and I was able to see some of the demographics of the class. The class has a ton of experience, the average work experience was between 6-8 years, while I am coming in with two years. The professor was easy to understand, was engaging and seemed to enjoy student input which was good. The class was relaxed and didn't seem extremely competitive or cut-throat.

Some notes on the school, it has two very big tracks for post-grad; sustainable business (Alt. Energy) and entrepreneurial (Start-ups). The year-round leadership class has a focus on sustainability, as well as due to the lack of opportunity to be an summer associate with a one year program they do an advisory board program where groups of 4 students partner with a Copenhagen start-up to advise them on certain situations. I know of several students in the class with a start-up in Europe already, so it seems to be a main point within the program. Their recruiting companies tend to be local, so consulting is a strong option, as PE and IB with the start-ups in the area, though the transactions will be smaller.

I hope this helps give a little insight, I am looking to work PE post-grad in Copehagen, but am still working on a refresher of my Danish, good luck to anyone applying!
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 22:43
Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience in amazing detail bcrew13

I have gone through some other Copenhagen topics and was able to found a few alumni/current students from this school. If you are looking for any help regarding Copenhagen, you can reach out to them. (Let me know if you want the list)

Also, let us know if you need any help here in the forum.
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2018, 15:55
Yes please, a list of former/current students would be really helpful.

workout
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 01:54
bcrew13 wrote:
Yes please, a list of former/current students would be really helpful.

bcrew13 rama133101

I've found an easier way for you to get the list of previous students/admits.

You can goto this link https://gmatclub.com/forum/copenhagen-c ... acker.html and from the dropdown you can select a year to see all the admits of that year. There is a good chance that some of them have matriculated at Copenhagen.

I've found AshBandaru who matriculated at Copenhagen for the class of 2018. Let me know if you anything.
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GPA: 2.8
Calling all Copenhagen MBA Class of 2020 (2019 intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2019, 00:01
Let us connect and share our application experiences/challenges, interview advice, general queries and other stuff related to the admissions process.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 22:18
bcrew13 wrote:
Hi Bhargav,

Brendon

Hi Brendon,
I came across this post and then your comment while scouring through the internet trying to find folks that will be matriculating at CBS starting this fall. I recently got in as well and was looking to connect with others. Would love to get in touch with you and have a brief chat.
Sahil
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:09
sxsd wrote:

Hi Brendon,
I came across this post and then your comment while scouring through the internet trying to find folks that will be matriculating at CBS starting this fall. I recently got in as well and was looking to connect with others. Would love to get in touch with you and have a brief chat.
Sahil

sxsd

Have you decided on matriculating at Copenhagen?
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:15
workout wrote:
sxsd wrote:

Hi Brendon,
Sahil

sxsd

Affirmative.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:20
sxsd wrote:
workout wrote:
sxsd

Affirmative.

Sounds good. Look out for a reply from bcrew13 I don't see any other users here deciding on matriculating at Copenhagen
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:25
workout wrote:
sxsd wrote:
workout wrote:
sxsd

Affirmative.

Sounds good. Look out for a reply from bcrew13 I don't see any other users here deciding on matriculating at Copenhagen

Yeah, will do. I am wondering though if there's a better platform for me to connect with students. This thread hasn't really been a lot of help in that regard.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:31
sxsd wrote:
I am wondering though if there's a better platform for me to connect with students. This thread hasn't really been a lot of help in that regard.

sxsd

This is because there were only 19 applicants in total for this school. Out of the 19, only 3 reported admits and one of them bhargavhyd decided to matriculate at a different school. Did you try reaching out to a few current students or alumni as mentioned here? https://gmatclub.com/forum/copenhagen-b ... l#p2176134
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 23:41
workout wrote:
sxsd wrote:
I am wondering though if there's a better platform for me to connect with students. This thread hasn't really been a lot of help in that regard.

sxsd

This is because there were only 19 applicants in total for this school. Out of the 19, only 3 reported admits and one of them bhargavhyd decided to matriculate at a different school. Did you try reaching out to a few current students or alumni as mentioned here? https://gmatclub.com/forum/copenhagen-b ... l#p2176134

Ah I see, thanks for the link. I did get in touch with former students through LinkedIn and found them quite helpful in entertaining my queries. Will wait to hear from Brendon.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Copenhagen Business School MBA - 2019- 2020   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2019, 23:41

Copenhagen Business School MBA - 2019- 2020

new topic post reply Update application status