Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
GMAT 1: 570 Q44 V24
GMAT 2: 550 Q36 V29
GMAT 3: 560 Q36 V31
GMAT 4: 640 Q41 V37
GMAT 5: 690 Q48 V36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Given Kudos: 379
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Re: Critique my study log/study plan [#permalink]
Hi,

it's almost three months since you posted this, so I hope you're on track. If you've scored a 590 on your opening CAT and if you just need some brushing up on verbal but serious effort on quant then taking a 1.5 month to really get your weaknesses' sorted. It takes longer to build verbal skills than it takes to build quant skills. Maintaining an error log(which you've already mentioned) and taking mini practice tests is a good move. Build your stamina gradually, by increasing the number of questions you solve at a stretch. These tests will build your mental capacity for the big test. This is also done so that you don't forget that you have limited time on the actual test. Always ask yourself two questions before jumping into solving a question. "What do I need to find out? Can I find it out?" If the answer is no, then take an educated guess and move on. Make this a habit even when you're studying, never spend over 2.5 minutes on a quant question and never over 2.75 minutes on a verbal question. However if it's the other way round, then about 20 days suffices to build quant skills.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Critique my study log/study plan [#permalink]