It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 20:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Currently at a 660, how to join the 700+ club in 6 weeks?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Currently at a 660, how to join the 700+ club in 6 weeks? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 10:01
Hi,

I've been studying for the GMAT for 3 months now and am kind of lost in how I should advance my preparation. I would really appreciate some help! I'm going to do the real thing at the end of January and I'm aiming for a 700+.

This has been my GMAT adventure so far:

- In May, I took a GMATPrep CAT cold and scored a 590 (Q:36, V:35).
- Because of the summer holidays, I started my real GMAT studying at the end of August.
- I've followed Magoosh's 3-month beginner study plan, but I haven't really followed it precisely for a while now.
- I did a GMATPrep CAT 2 test again at the end of September and I scored a 630 (Q:44, V:32)
- Today, I took my third GMATPrep CAT and scored a 660 (Q:47, V:35)

As you can see, I mainly focused on Quant (watching lesson video's from Magoosh and taking a lot of notes). I haven't studied Verbal like I should, only watched some Magoosh lesson vids.

I know what I should focus more on right now:

- Practice and do OG exercises (have done around 100 per PS and DS section, but less than 50 for each Verbal section. Mostly practiced Magoosh exercises.)
- Study for Verbal (I have MGMAT's SC book as well as their RC and CR books)

I have around 6 weeks of prep left (holidays already excluded) and have at least 4 hours a day available for it. I study around 30-40 hours a week for it.

I would love some advice for the following:

- I don't feel confident in Quant. Even though I scored a Q:47, I still feel like I don't know various basic concepts well/by heart (I still have to think; is that true? or was it..). I think that my time management is being negatively influenced by this. Once I feel more confident, I believe my timing will be better as well. How should I tackle this? I;ve watched Magoosh's lesson videos for all Q subjects.
- As said before, I've practically haven't studied a thing for Verbal. I'm from Europe and in high school, I never studied for English either. I'm kind of lost in how I should study for the Verbal part. How should I start tackling this? I've started reading the MGMAT SC book, but how should I tackle CR and RC?
- On my third GMATPrep CAT (from today) I answered Q32-Q41 all incorrectly. I did struggle with my time management, but only for the last 3 questions, I guess. I know that consecutive wrong answers are punished hard on the GMAT. How should I analyze what I did wrong and prevent this?
- Lastly, I used to follow Magoosh's study schedule for a long time. Now that I've steered away from it, I can't seem to make my own, tailored GMAT study schedule. Is there anyone who could help me with this?

Sorry for the long post, but I hope to gain some valuable insights to crack that 700 with 6 weeks of prep left!

Magoosh Discount CodesMath Revolution Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 23

GPA: 3.4
Premium Member
Re: Currently at a 660, how to join the 700+ club in 6 weeks? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 10:11
My situation is very similar to yours. I scored a 590 cold as well, and I’m using Magoosh, MGMAT Books, and the Powerscore CR Bible. Are you a native speaker of English? If so, I think you can hit at least a 42 on the verbal portion. Focus on improving SC and CR, and your score will skyrocket. My suggestion is to work through all the OG problems and know every question in there like the back of your hand. In my opinion, The GMAT Club OG18 Error Log has been such an amazing tool. You can answer questions in it using the timer, and for your errors, and you can look up the GMAT Club forum explanations for each question that you don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 23

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Finance, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 10:23
Now that you have 6 weeks i would suggest you to go through the following post:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-questio ... 39951.html
It's a compilation of official gmat questions that are handpicked and presented with amazing explanation.
once you are done with the MGMAT SC guide you can start solving question from the OG and VR. Look at the explanation on the website for every question that confounds you.
Also for sc and cr these videos from Gmat Ninja are a great to form an approach:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-ninja-v ... 51718.html
Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 13:49
animesh mohanty wrote:
Now that you have 6 weeks i would suggest you to go through the following post:
It's a compilation of official gmat questions that are handpicked and presented with amazing explanation.
once you are done with the MGMAT SC guide you can start solving question from the OG and VR. Look at the explanation on the website for every question that confounds you.
Also for sc and cr these videos from Gmat Ninja are a great to form an approach:
Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the resources! Have found some on here already, but these are better!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 13:52
atr0038 wrote:
My situation is very similar to yours. I scored a 590 cold as well, and I’m using Magoosh, MGMAT Books, and the Powerscore CR Bible. Are you a native speaker of English? If so, I think you can hit at least a 42 on the verbal portion. Focus on improving SC and CR, and your score will skyrocket. My suggestion is to work through all the OG problems and know every question in there like the back of your hand. In my opinion, The GMAT Club OG18 Error Log has been such an amazing tool. You can answer questions in it using the timer, and for your errors, and you can look up the GMAT Club forum explanations for each question that you don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

I'm not a native speaker, but I definitely need to start practicing Verbal. Thanks for the Error Log! Will def utilize it.

Re: Currently at a 660, how to join the 700+ club in 6 weeks?   [#permalink] 29 Nov 2017, 13:52

Currently at a 660, how to join the 700+ club in 6 weeks?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap