Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Darden (Virginia) 2013 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
CobraKai wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

CobraKai-First of all loads of congratulations for making it into one of top 20!

Now as you've mentioned about the late release that's really inconvenient (I was really surprised to see only one essay on the club page!) for the applicants...! Agree with you.

However,thanks for your reply man!

BTW,I've couple of questions for you,hope you'll come up with your best possible answers as an applicant last session :
1.As I see you've admitted at Cornell Johnson and WLtd at Darden...So,considering your goals which one would be your preference (provided that you would get off the WL but I think decisions are out..right ?) between this two? And why would you choose so?
2. The first essay as in your post-is it about why one has chosen the so and so career goals or 'why MBA' relating to goals? The latter is what you usually get to see in the essays I guess...

Appreciate your response!

1. I took my name off the Darden WL two days after R1 decisions were released. I had the two schools neck-and-neck while going through the process and I didn't see the merit of waiting around for a decision from Darden on when I viewed the two schools as equal. So in a way, Darden made the decision easy for me.

2. The first "essay" is about MBA goals. Last year Darden had a 500 word essay about how you approach a complex problem or something like that.

Hey man,
Can you please let me know when the Darden Essays were out last year...? And when did application go live ?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Darden is offering a feedback call for all the dinged applicants. I think this is a great opportunity for anyone who is re-applying to assess where they faltered.

Source: This post on the Darden blog
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Send PM
debayan222 wrote:
CobraKai wrote:
debayan222 wrote:

CobraKai-First of all loads of congratulations for making it into one of top 20!

Now as you've mentioned about the late release that's really inconvenient (I was really surprised to see only one essay on the club page!) for the applicants...! Agree with you.

However,thanks for your reply man!

BTW,I've couple of questions for you,hope you'll come up with your best possible answers as an applicant last session :
1.As I see you've admitted at Cornell Johnson and WLtd at Darden...So,considering your goals which one would be your preference (provided that you would get off the WL but I think decisions are out..right ?) between this two? And why would you choose so?
2. The first essay as in your post-is it about why one has chosen the so and so career goals or 'why MBA' relating to goals? The latter is what you usually get to see in the essays I guess...

Appreciate your response!

1. I took my name off the Darden WL two days after R1 decisions were released. I had the two schools neck-and-neck while going through the process and I didn't see the merit of waiting around for a decision from Darden on when I viewed the two schools as equal. So in a way, Darden made the decision easy for me.

2. The first "essay" is about MBA goals. Last year Darden had a 500 word essay about how you approach a complex problem or something like that.

Hey man,
Can you please let me know when the Darden Essays were out last year...? And when did application go live ?

The essay itself was available last year by mid-July, but distinctly remember the application not going live until September - it was definitely the last of the schools I applied to go live, particularly annoying given the October R1 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
am in !! R1 WL - my status on the Darden portal changed on Monday, but I didn't know until I received a call yesterday. Super excited :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I just got the call I am IN!!!! off the WL
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UVA (Darden) - Class of 2015
Send PM
xxavadaxx wrote:
I just got the call I am IN!!!! off the WL

Great news, congratulations!

See you in CVille :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.42
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
So I've heard from CDC that there will not be a PCAP for class of 2015, but I haven't yet gotten an explanation. Does anyone have any intel?

P.S. Should there be an admitted students thread for Darden class of 2015?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Anyone going to the JP Morgan pre-mba event?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for someone to take over my lease at the Pavilion. It's a one bedroom with den (read 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms) at a specially discounted rate - even more so because I'll pay the first month's rent. It even includes furniture. Please PM me for details and spread the word if you know of anyone who is looking for an awesome place to live in c'ville. Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All UVA Darden Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All UVA Darden Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All UVA Darden Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated UVA Darden Forum to dive into all things related to UVA Darden's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts