GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Feb 2019, 14:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Day to Day Costs

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.15
Day to Day Costs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 06:32
I am going to enroll for a '19 2 year MBA program and am trying to project how much money I need to save for daily expenses and the like. I am active military (post 9/11 GI Bill) and plan to take out student loans, so I'm not as concerned with the tuition costs, moreso how much I should plan on spending for basic everyday costs like food, school events, trips, etc.

I will have around 25-35k saved- will that be enough (not including rent) or will I need to look into getting a personal loan?

Thanks!
Current Student
P
WE: General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Day to Day Costs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2018, 18:37
Top Contributor
sheehanj wrote:
I am going to enroll for a '19 2 year MBA program and am trying to project how much money I need to save for daily expenses and the like. I am active military (post 9/11 GI Bill) and plan to take out student loans, so I'm not as concerned with the tuition costs, moreso how much I should plan on spending for basic everyday costs like food, school events, trips, etc.

I will have around 25-35k saved- will that be enough (not including rent) or will I need to look into getting a personal loan?

Thanks!

Hi,

There are 2 scenarios to this.

1. If you share your room with your future classmate:

The average monthly expense should be around 1400-1800. This includes your food and travel expense. And this estimate is high and depends on the school you are choosing.

2. Living alone:

The average monthly expense will be around 2800-3600. This again is a ballpark number and depends on the rent.

Coming back your question about expense apart from rent. I feel $500-$750 a month. If you wish to eat out daily and enjoy food and travel in uber instead of metro etc. But I have seen people spend only about $300 max for their food and travel for a month. So your saving of 25-30K should be more enough for living. I would say it is enough for lavish spending on food and travel for two years :grin: :-D

Become a GMAT Club Premium member to avail lot of discounts

Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests
Re: Day to Day Costs  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2018, 09:08
Well that should suffice. Pretty much depends on which city and state you live in. can you add up more details?

Why do we fall?...So we can learn to pick ourselves up again

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Day to Day Costs   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2018, 09:08

Day to Day Costs

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap