Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 06:19 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 120 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: Dejected, heartbroken after months of preparation. Need advice [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Just try it out...it's free and doesn't cost you anything....go to his website gmat-scholar.com and try calling him...it's free!!!
Worth a shot!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
rukna wrote:
Hi

I am writing this post the day after I gave my 1st Gmat. Let me give a debrief so that you can know about me and my preparation better.

I have been preparing for about 6 months for Gmat. I am an engineer from India. When I first took OG, I found maths to be pretty manageable and in fact easy. I am not great in maths but not bad either. I thought OG had only few tough questions in quant.

I then started working on verbal. RC seemed OK. I could get more than 80% correct. CR and SC was a challenge for me, especially SC. I could easy questions in SC but tough one. Same for CR.

After doing OG, I explored gmatclub and came to know about how to actually prepare for gmat. I got the MGMAT books for no properties, word problem, fractions, SC , CR and RC.

I completed them all. They are fantastic. I could definitely feel the improvement. However, my mgmat and veritas cat score were not that great.

MGMAT1-3 : 590 to 640 range.
Veritas 1 - 680
veritas -2 - 620
veritas 3-4: 600-640 range again.

Finally I decided to give Gmatprep1 and scored 650.

I was disappointed. I have been taking advice of a friend who is intelligent and smart and has good knowledge about gmat. He got around 740 in his 1st attempt. He got more than 700 in almost all CAT. He told me that no magic will happen at gmat and it doesn't matter what I am scoring at mgmat etc, all that matters is gmatprep and I will score in same range 650.

He advised me to take e-gmat for verbal and keep working on quant. I took verbal online from e-gmat and worked about a month. That is super awesome course. I loved the SC. I knew so much more. CR was decent. I did not do much RC as I thought that I was ok in that.

I started doing gmatclub mocks. I scored b/w 44-49 in 8 mocks I gave for quant and disappointing 30-35 in verbal mocks. I was doing very well in concept quiz of e-gmat and in their quiz section, my accuracy was 70% ( note: I only did medium and hard question in egmat, not the easy one. So I expected my accuracy would be even better in normal Gmat).

In 2nd gmatprep , I scored 680. However after that my mgmat and veritas score still was hanging around 650. I thought may be its time to give gmat. I hoped that mocks are much harder and most probably I would score better.

In my gmat I got 630. I am very sad, disappointed, heartbroken. I am suffering from headache and constantly thinking about same.

Problem is I dont know what to do now. I have taken one of the best course. I know so much. I do make mistakes in tough questions but now I don't understand what to do next. Please help. I really need to score 700+ to get in a good MBA college in India. The min would be 680.

All I can see to improve is to continue on gmatclub test for quant since I find others far too easy ( although in actual gmat, the questions were not that tough. So I should work on getting all question right even in 600 -700 segment. I know my mistakes. sometimes I dont read the question well and make silly mistake. I will work on that)

For verbal, I have no idea what to do. After reading mgmat SC guide twice and doing egmat, I think I have gone through enough concept files. Any help would be appreciated. I get motivated after seeing that people recover from bad score but my problem is different.

Most of success stories are one where they were not prepared for gmat in 1st attempt and then took nice approach to study. In my case, I did everything I thought was theoretically right. I even took 1 and a half week break before exam in order to be in the zone. Gave many mocks to be very comfortable before the exam week.

What should I do next. I really want to improve in 2 mnths ( max 3 months) so that I can score better before my dream college deadline.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rukna,

I am very new to this forum. But i have been in your situation before. I have attempted GMAT twice.
GMAT (1st attempt) - 590
GMAT (2nd attempt) - 710 (Q49 V39)

In my first attempt, I did a self prep and have spend a lot in the available market resources which I regret now. Then I met this guy Avi, from a known source and can you imagine, he taught me the entire course just at Rs 11,000 along with all materials. You name any material in the market, and he has provided me.

Moreover, the approach is very important. Identifying areas where you can nail the GMAT is even more important.

He has a unique approach which works on GMAT and trust me on this. Anyways, I clocked a huge improvement in just 2 months. To be honest with you, I was very lazy, but he didnt give up on me.

Currently, I am in the application phase with him and I already feel that this year " I am good to go" :) And I am very hopeful of an scholarship as well because of the way, Avi has marketed my mediocre profile.
The most important thing which should be taken care of is planning and executing your strategy of reaching your B-school, not only just cracking GMAT. Applications are the heart of one 's B-school dream and GMAT is a part of it. When you feel no one can help you, give it a shot with Avi. Your investment on Avi will reap you double the benefits.

In case, you decide to reach him...visit gmat-scholar[dot]com or call him. He is always accessible.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts