It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 01:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Desperat for the 600

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Leeds School of Business - Boulder
Desperat for the 600 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2009, 13:29
Hi everyone,

Actually I am new to this forum and I really would like to share my problem because I am confused and I don't know from where I have to start?
I have a bachelors in Art & Design and I got a scholarship for an MBA major. The Problem is that I need to get at least 600 or 640 to be admitted at Leeds School of Business and I took the test and my score was 310. I don't how to study the gmat and how can I improve my score. I don't mind studying for intensive houre as long as I am going to improve the score but I need someone to guide me. If I didn't get the 600 I might loose the scholarship. Would you please help me?

Regards,
Fatma

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 28555 [0], given: 5115

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Desperat for the 600 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2009, 14:15
Your goal is not out of reach. How much time do you have?

You are probably looking into 2 months of study to improve 300 points.

I would recommend you start here if you are not very familiar with the test itself: gmat-faq-frequently-asked-questions-about-gmat-75809.html
You should also get some books - I would recommend that you get a Kaplan Premiere, Kaplan Math Workbook and Kaplan Verbal Workbook and after you are done with those, get Official Guide 12.

You can see more GMAT Books here that will satisfy your wildest desires: top-gmat-prep-books-guides-reviews-comments-77703.html

After you go through a few books, get yourself a copy of GMAT Prep - here is what it is and where to get it: gmatprep-gmat-prep-powerprep-power-prep-free-tests-77548.html

By the time you are done with Math and Verbal workbooks, start taking full length tests, you can use the GMAT Prep, but also look into other tests: all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

Finally, check out this "Share your GMAT Experience" forum for some testimonials and reviews of what worked and what did not.

Ask if you have any questions!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 28555 [0], given: 5115

Intern
Intern

Schools: Leeds School of Business - Boulder
Re: Desperat for the 600 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2009, 14:18
Hello again,

thanx for replying.. actually really bad in word problems in Quant and very slow in reading and I don't know how to improve these two!!!!

I have to submit the score on 31 of May which is soooon...
I was studying in Kaplan but I haven't learn how to work on the math problems they only taught us strategies of how to crack the gmat which wasn't that useful for me as a begginer!!!

So I don't on which section I have to concentrate more since I have almost the same scores in both sections??

Please any suggestions?!! I would be really greatful... Thanks

Re: Desperat for the 600   [#permalink] 12 May 2009, 14:18

Desperat for the 600

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: EMPOWERgmatRichC

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap