Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:43 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Desperate for some answers. [#permalink]
thanx for the reply Narenn, but as i already stated, i have browsed through those links but didnt get any definite answers. :(

RyanCJW. thats a good option if the guide itself contains advanced practice questions, buying a guide and getting a few online practice sets seems a bit non direct method. :?
better than none though.thanx

still hoping for some more suggestions.
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 634 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Expert Reply
miteshk wrote:
thanx for the reply Narenn, but as i already stated, i have browsed through those links but didnt get any definite answers. :(

RyanCJW. thats a good option if the guide itself contains advanced practice questions, buying a guide and getting a few online practice sets seems a bit non direct method. :?

Hi miteshk, it's hard to give advice without sounding biased, especially if we represent specific test prep companies. However, since you're asking for specific advice and haven't been satisfied with the information you've found thus far online in the general forums, let me throw out a quick word to describe the Veritas books for you.

Veritas believes in learning by doing, so the books contain a lot of material in the beginning of each book to help jog your memory about concepts you may have forgotten over time. The 12 books (6 verbal, 6 math) then go through the major topics of the GMAT, reviewing examples and typical questions you can expect to see. You also get high level takeaways about traps the GMAT likes to exploit, mistakes you're likely to fall for, and general information about the exam. While I can't speak to many of the other test prep books because I haven't gone through them thoroughly, I can vouch for the Veritas books. Additionally, since we teach to a fairly high standard of question, you'll see a high number of difficult questions to prepare you for a good score.

Again, the other test prep books all seem thorough and helpful, but I can only recommend the books that I know forwards and backwards. If this sounds like something that would work for you, I invite you to investigate further.

Thanks!
-Ron
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thnx Ron.
currently i am fairly confident of the quants section (46-49 range as of now). i need some heavy stuff just for verbal.
even I am tempted to check out veritas material. but currently they are a bit out of budget :(
I feel strategy-wise i am not wrong. i just dont have those 700-800 level questions for verbal. :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 550 Q30 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 3: 670 Q44 V38
GPA: 3.27
WE:Corporate Finance (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
miteshk wrote:

You mentioned you had owned the MGMAT guides - I was just saying they come with online question banks if you hadn't used them yet. Each book comes with one set of varying difficulty but a decent percentage of those online are advanced.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RyanCJW wrote:
I was just saying they come with online question banks if you hadn't used them yet. Each book comes with one set of varying difficulty but a decent percentage of those online are advanced.

yes. but only got 6 online tests with those :|
GMAT Club Bot