It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 10:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 34

GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 08:53
I remember seeing sometime back on INSEAD's website that there is absolutely no difference between round 1 and round 2 admission cycles. In fact I also remember reading somewhere that they take a fixed number of students from round 1 and 2 each, and because of more applicants applying in round 1 the chances of admissions in round 1 is lower as compared to chances of admission in round 2. However, this information, it appears, is now missing from INSEAD's website.

May any admission consultants, experts or current students who have any insights on this please inform if there has been any shift in Insead's policy towards handling round 1 and round 2?

Is there any difference from scholarship perspective?

A non-important question - compared to for other schools, fewer applicants appear active on gmatclub.com for Insead. Is there a reason or a separate portal in which the applicants are more active?

Manager
Manager
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 08:02
It seems as if this group is one of the most inactive groups on gmatclub.com

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 3

Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 11:07
gmat2k17 wrote:
I remember seeing sometime back on INSEAD's website that there is absolutely no difference between round 1 and round 2 admission cycles. In fact I also remember reading somewhere that they take a fixed number of students from round 1 and 2 each, and because of more applicants applying in round 1 the chances of admissions in round 1 is lower as compared to chances of admission in round 2. However, this information, it appears, is now missing from INSEAD's website.

May any admission consultants, experts or current students who have any insights on this please inform if there has been any shift in Insead's policy towards handling round 1 and round 2?

A non-important question - compared to for other schools, fewer applicants appear active on gmatclub.com for Insead. Is there a reason or a separate portal in which the applicants are more active?

There is not that much of a difference between round one and round two. That said, I always recommend applying earlier than later if you can have your materials ready. Clients of mine this year are applying in all rounds and having good results though, so they don't fill up all of the slots at the beginning. Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 3

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 643 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 23:55
Top Contributor
gmat2k17 wrote:

Hi gmat2k17

- Between R1 and R2, would suggest you go for R1 if possible. The class is still being formed, and the number of applications between the first 2 rounds wont have that big a difference. At a competitive school such as INSEAD, the number of applications will never be too much of a factor in selection, so dont bank much on that.
- The number of applicants active on gmatclub can vary a bit for different schools. This is, end of the day, one of the best forums to ask and get your queries answered, though sometimes responses could be delayed a bit. You are right - we need to make this forum a bit more active and answer faster.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 643 [0], given: 20

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 82

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 02:45
gmat2k17 wrote:

Take it from someone who's suffered through the massacre that is round 2 - go for it in round 1 if possible.

You still have 9 days - March 15 right? Don't delay - push through

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 82

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:04
bb10 wrote:
gmat2k17 wrote:

Take it from someone who's suffered through the massacre that is round 2 - go for it in round 1 if possible.

could you tell us what happened and if this was with Insead?
I am seriously considering R2 now to have more time to polish my Essays, but the more important factor is potentially meet admissions personnel at the local MBA event scheduled March 21. Not sure if I should postpone just for this reason.

Any advice would help :)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 17

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 11:25
harsha2085 wrote:
bb10 wrote:
gmat2k17 wrote:

could you tell us what happened and if this was with Insead?
I am seriously considering R2 now to have more time to polish my Essays, but the more important factor is potentially meet admissions personnel at the local MBA event scheduled March 21. Not sure if I should postpone just for this reason.

Any advice would help :)

Hello!

In case you're interested, here's the advice of someone who will be applying at R2: waiting so you can meet the admissions personnel IS NOT a valid reason to postpone your application. Improving the quality of your application would be a better reason.

In my particular case, I am giving more time to my recommenders because they are not familiar with the requirements for MBA applications and therefore need some coaching. Otherwise, I would be applying at round 1!

Cheers

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 08:34
bb10 wrote:

But are you talking about R2 at INSEAD or other schools?

There is no official indication that there is any difference between the two rounds. And considering that, unlike US schools, INSEAD actually has 4 rounds ins(t)ead of 3, I speculate that R1 and R2 are the INSEAD equivalent of R1 at US schools, while only R3 can be compared to R2 at US Schools.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Manager
Manager
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 22:41
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I do understand that applying in Round 1 will definitely be better than in Round 2. However, I have just been provided with an international work opportunity with a role reserved generally for people with a decade more of experience than me and if I apply in Round 2, I'd have three months of such an experience to highlight in my application which I guess will give a boost to my application.

I am still in the process of application and can push through in Round 1 but I am not sure that it'd be a wise idea, plus I am not sure whether my recommenders would be able to finish writing the recommendation in such a short time.

I believe my reasons are justifiable enough to push to round 2. What do you guys suggest?

Manager
Manager
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 22:49
gmat2k17 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I do understand that applying in Round 1 will definitely be better than in Round 2. However, I have just been provided with an international work opportunity with a role reserved generally for people with a decade more of experience than me and if I apply in Round 2, I'd have three months of such an experience to highlight in my application which I guess will give a boost to my application.

I am still in the process of application and can push through in Round 1 but I am not sure that it'd be a wise idea, plus I am not sure whether my recommenders would be able to finish writing the recommendation in such a short time.

I believe my reasons are justifiable enough to push to round 2. What do you guys suggest?

If you think your application will be stronger at R2, it's probably a good idea to wait. Of course the decision is ultimately up to you :)

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 22:53
gmat2k17 wrote:

In my opinion, a stronger application submitted in R2 is better and would provide more chances for an interview invitation as opposed to an R1 application which could be enhanced on several fronts (better work graph, better recos and maybe better essays). Your international opportunity sounds lucrative from the MBA standpoint, specifically so if you don't already have international work experience, which is an important criteria for INSEAD.

Moreover, I get a feeling from your post that you are not entirely ready to submit in R1. I always believe that you should have no regrets later - if you feel you will submit a better application 3 months later, then take that opportunity, but try not to push beyond that.

Hope that helps.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Last edited by MBADecoder on 09 Mar 2017, 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Manager
Manager
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 19:36
Thanks for the wonderful advices fellow gmatclubbers.

Re: Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW?   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2017, 19:36

Difference between Round 1 and Round 2 in INSEAD admissions - NOW?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap