Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance (Corp Fin, Financial Instruments)
Schools:NYU Stern 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
I know I am sounding like the fox who does not get the grapes and then says they are sour anyway.. or what ever that story was..

Do foxes like grapes? I always thought it was the chicken carcass they were after. Must remember not to put grapes in the outside bin.

Sad news, willget. It'll ease, and you just have to wait. Are you applying straight after your Grad degree? That might be what worked against you.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
3underscore wrote:
willget800 wrote:
I know I am sounding like the fox who does not get the grapes and then says they are sour anyway.. or what ever that story was..

Do foxes like grapes? I always thought it was the chicken carcass they were after. Must remember not to put grapes in the outside bin.

Sad news, willget. It'll ease, and you just have to wait. Are you applying straight after your Grad degree? That might be what worked against you.

my grad degree i began f ull time, but then transferred it to part time.. i have worked f ull time for the last five years, and did my ms part time..

so i dont know man
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
dude we are in same boat.... what should be next step...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willget800,

You must realize by now that this whole process is subjective. You got an interview invite at Chicago GSB and at LBS - two very difficult programs. You got your interview at Cornell, a school that has seen (if rumours are true) massive increases in volume this year. You've made it through some of the most demanding parts of this entire process, and although I know that the ding stings, you, of all the people on this site, should know just how random the whole thing is.

This is just one application - you've got 3 more sitting out there and you've had interviews with ALL OF THEM. That says something about your candidacy I think - in of itself, it's an impressive feat. I realize that getting within 10 yards of the finish line doesnt mean anything unless you get to the finish line but things are still looking very good for you here - I honestly think you have a strong chance at your remaining schools.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but find consolation in the fact that a lot of other prestigious top schools have already indicated your candidacy is worth seriously considering - and that Duke's decision to ding you must therefore be purely based on some random element you could not have controlled.

I'm truly sorry to hear Duke didn't play out for you, but don't give up, please don't give up.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_crack wrote:

Woah I havent seen you in months. How you been?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget,
I know it is hard but try not to take it personal. You did not get rejected because you are not good enough so a ding analysis will never give you the answer you seek. You are most likely rejected because of some factor that is out of your control - maybe they accepted someone less qualified but with a profile similar to yours in R1 or who knows.

...perhaps the prson watching you from up on top knows better what is good for you than you do. 10 years from now you'll be a self-made millionaire laughing at the rest of us that are still paying off our student loans
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
EconGirl wrote:
willget,
I know it is hard but try not to take it personal. You did not get rejected because you are not good enough so a ding analysis will never give you the answer you seek. You are most likely rejected because of some factor that is out of your control - maybe they accepted someone less qualified but with a profile similar to yours in R1 or who knows.

...perhaps the prson watching you from up on top knows better what is good for you than you do. 10 years from now you'll be a self-made millionaire laughing at the rest of us that are still paying off our student loans

I hope your wishes come true Econgirl. Appreciate it
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey Willget800,
Chin up man... there's always the next school and the next year. I know you've put in a lot in this, but there is no predictability about this. Don't feel down because of one school.. you gave it your best. The rest is out of your control. So look forward to the next one.

Good luck/
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Willget800,

You must realize by now that this whole process is subjective. You got an interview invite at Chicago GSB and at LBS - two very difficult programs. You got your interview at Cornell, a school that has seen (if rumours are true) massive increases in volume this year. You've made it through some of the most demanding parts of this entire process, and although I know that the ding stings, you, of all the people on this site, should know just how random the whole thing is.

This is just one application - you've got 3 more sitting out there and you've had interviews with ALL OF THEM. That says something about your candidacy I think - in of itself, it's an impressive feat. I realize that getting within 10 yards of the finish line doesnt mean anything unless you get to the finish line but things are still looking very good for you here - I honestly think you have a strong chance at your remaining schools.

It's a tough pill to swallow, but find consolation in the fact that a lot of other prestigious top schools have already indicated your candidacy is worth seriously considering - and that Duke's decision to ding you must therefore be purely based on some random element you could not have controlled.

I'm truly sorry to hear Duke didn't play out for you, but don't give up, please don't give up.

my brain wants to listen what you say, but my heart is not accepting it man... i will try..
maybe a couple of jack and coke for lunch, and come back to work ;)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
haas_mba07 wrote:
Hey Willget800,
Chin up man... there's always the next school and the next year. I know you've put in a lot in this, but there is no predictability about this. Don't feel down because of one school.. you gave it your best. The rest is out of your control. So look forward to the next one.

Good luck/

thanks haas... i really have some place to talk openly here.. very helpful getting msgs here
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
gmat_crack wrote:

Woah I havent seen you in months. How you been?

I am ok... now I need some advice
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
EconGirl wrote:
willget,

I hope your wishes come true Econgirl. Appreciate it

EnconGirl, I love your comment! Especially "the person up there knows what is best for you than you do" you go GIRL!!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just say f*** it and go out do something you enjoy. B-schools and GMATClub will be here when you get back. Warren Buffet got dinged by Harvard. He did all right.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Willget,

Sorry about the situation you are in right now.

Believe me ...... the only thing you can do right now is believe in the what was said in GITA... about KARMA ..... it is our duty to do our stuff without expecting results in return.

I am not preaching buddy.....but having gone through the same situation in the last few months I know what you must be going through...

I got dinged from two schools where I probably thought I had the best chances Duke and UVA..... and to make matters worse UVA admitted two girls I know who are far less qualified than me .....

Anyhow.... I have always believed that whatever happens it is for the best... and that philosophy has never let me down.

We all are praying and hoping for the best for you.

All the best.... there is always light at the end of the tunnel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
UVA has a tough time getting women to enroll. This is the inside scoop from a friend who is a FY. Something to consider if you are a woman and looking for school choices.

jaynayak wrote:
Willget,

Sorry about the situation you are in right now.

Believe me ...... the only thing you can do right now is believe in the what was said in GITA... about KARMA ..... it is our duty to do our stuff without expecting results in return.

I am not preaching buddy.....but having gone through the same situation in the last few months I know what you must be going through...

I got dinged from two schools where I probably thought I had the best chances Duke and UVA..... and to make matters worse UVA admitted two girls I know who are far less qualified than me .....

Anyhow.... I have always believed that whatever happens it is for the best... and that philosophy has never let me down.

We all are praying and hoping for the best for you.

All the best.... there is always light at the end of the tunnel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Just say f*** it and go out do something you enjoy. B-schools and GMATClub will be here when you get back. Warren Buffet got dinged by Harvard. He did all right.

and we all know who did get in, he bacame a president or something :wink:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry to hear this man, but dont give up yet...you still have 3 to go. Dont ever lose hope - all the best
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3