GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 04 Aug 2020, 15:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

DINGED Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User
DINGED Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 20:20
So far I got 4 dings without interview and I am still waiting to hear news from NYU but let’s face it, it will be a ding.

Age/Gender: 26/Male
GMAT Score/GPA: 680 (Q:49/V:33) / 85.7% Economics in a Top 5 Mexican Private College (not well known outside Mexico). TOEFL 114/120.
Work Experience: Renewable Energy Startup/1.5 years & Food Industry (Entrepreneur)/3 years.
Schools applied to: GSB, HBS, Sloan, CBS and NYU.
Any consulting services used: No
#Interviews: 0
#WL: 0

Optional:
Which ding hurt the most and why?
MIT because I feel a complete fit with the institution and the program, and CBS because I think I did a great application.
Why the lack of success?
According to my mentor, my lack of pedigree and professional experience in the US (tons of Mexicans studying in Ivy leagues and working in the US) could have hurt me. Also I think my GMAT score didn’t help at all.
What next?
1. Re-take the GMAT.
2. Diversify my target schools. I think I aimed too high so I might apply this year to Sloan, CBS, Yale, Babson, HEC Paris, Oxford and ESADE.
3. Start working on my post-MBA goals right now.

If it helps I can share you my whole applications. Any comment will be welcomed no matter how harsh it is. Thank you!
Admission Consultant
B
Re: DINGED Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2016, 20:26
Hi there -
Thanks for reaching out for a free evaluation on your dings. We are very sorry that you are having as tough year with the process. Don't despair. In lieu of writing a lengthy reply, I'd rather we connect via Skype/phone so we may have a real dialogue and you can ask me questions as I give you an assessment. Additionally, I will be able to offer you a much more robust assessment if I am able to ask you more questions. If doing a free consult via skype/phone interests you, please contact me directly at kathrynlucas@squareoneprep.com.

Please also do send me your essays, resume, and LORs for Columbia and Sloan.

I look forward to hearing from and speaking with you soon. Thanks again for reaching out.

Kathryn Lucas, Founder
SQUARE ONE PREP
Direct: +1.917.705.4460
Toll Free: +1.888.702.3542
Mobile: +1.917.841.6833
Re: DINGED Profile Evaluation   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2016, 20:26

DINGED Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status