GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 16:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Do I have a chance at top 30 business schools.

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
Do I have a chance at top 30 business schools. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 07:38
I am a 28 year old Indian male with a degree of M.D in General surgery. I gave my GMAT today and scored 640(q44 v35), IR-1. I am the Joint CEO of the first digital healthcare startup of Uttar Pradesh, India and a 100 bed hospital. I have 4 years of work experience and sufficient social work experience in few African countries. Do I stand any chance at the top 30 business schools.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Do I have a chance at top 30 business schools. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2017, 12:58
Shaurya03 wrote:
I am a 28 year old Indian male with a degree of M.D in General surgery. I gave my GMAT today and scored 640(q44 v35), IR-1. I am the Joint CEO of the first digital healthcare startup of Uttar Pradesh, India and a 100 bed hospital. I have 4 years of work experience and sufficient social work experience in few African countries. Do I stand any chance at the top 30 business schools.

The 640 is significantly below the avg for most of the schools in the top 30. However, your profile is rather interesting as very few will have M.D. in your pool. You might be able to leverage that near the lower end of the top 30 especially in a program with a strong healthcare focus. So never say never, but if you want to have even better odds for next year try to get that score up at least 50 points. Also consider some of the Canadian or European programs if you don't want to bother with the GMAT any more as I think in those areas you may be able to leverage your interesting background and may find another path.

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2017, 17:55
Really interesting profile, it will certainly help you stand out, make sure you are connecting your past experience to your future career goals and the schools you plan to target. To have the best chance in the process I would retake the GMAT and see if you can bump up your score a bit. A 640 is on the lower end of the GMAT curve for the top 30

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2017, 20:17
Shaurya03 wrote:

So I understand this was the first time you gave the GMAT a try? If so, I would definitely consider a retake if I were you, as your chances of improving that score are good with the right preparations.

That said, I think with the right application you might have a chance at some of the top 30 schools, but not at all, so your chances really depend on what schools we are talking. Do you have any preferences yet or do you still need to do your research on school selection?

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Re: Do I have a chance at top 30 business schools.   [#permalink] 03 May 2017, 20:17

Do I have a chance at top 30 business schools.

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap