Join us for MBA Spotlight – The Top 20 MBA Fair      Schedule of Events | Register

It is currently 06 Jun 2020, 20:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

****DONT JOIN EDHEC MBA!!!!!!****

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
****DONT JOIN EDHEC MBA!!!!!!****  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Apr 2020, 08:53
Seems Like all are happy ! It was a collection of opinions from EDHEC graduates!

Originally posted by Rodreguez on 05 Apr 2020, 00:48.
Last edited by Rodreguez on 18 Apr 2020, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: ****DONT JOIN EDHEC MBA!!!!!!****  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2020, 15:45
Hi! Thank you so much for posting your your experience at EDHEC! I would suggest that you also post a review on GMAT Club here: https://gmatclub.com/reviews/business_schools/ (we do not have any for the EDHEC it seems).

Have you finished the program already? Are you finishing it? Is it a 1-year or 2-year program?
Sorry about the situation and appreciate you setting the expectations for others!

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 10:49
I'm an EDHEC alumnus and I think that this post is quite misleading. For instance, when EDHEC got out of FT rankings, I remember getting an email from the program director explaining the situation and what steps they are going to take for that.
Also, I never saw any kind of bias from the professors towards the students from the west. Many students from different countries have graduated with cum laude.
Also, the thing about the recognition of the degree is false. I am not from Europe, but I'm still working in Netherlands and faced no issues with my visa.
I can imagine that some students might not have been successful, but blaming it all on the institution doesn't sound professional.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 10:56
Thank you for chining in. There are always multiple perspectives and always different expectations.

Do you speak French? How critical do you feel is French fluency? What options does one without language skills have for employment? Sounds like you settled in Netherlands :thumbup:

sarveshkj wrote:
I'm an EDHEC alumnus and I think that this post is quite misleading. For instance, when EDHEC got out of FT rankings, I remember getting an email from the program director explaining the situation and what steps they are going to take for that.
Also, I never saw any kind of bias from the professors towards the students from the west. Many students from different countries have graduated with cum laude.
Also, the thing about the recognition of the degree is false. I am not from Europe, but I'm still working in Netherlands and faced no issues with my visa.
I can imagine that some students might not have been successful, but blaming it all on the institution doesn't sound professional.

B
GMAT 1: 610 Q46 V28
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 15:09
sarveshkj wrote:

I'm applying for EDHEC's Global MBA program, in the thread I can see someone discouraging to join the school whereas you have a totally different experience.
Could you please help me on the following
1. Did you attend the Global MBA Program ?
2. How can I get in touch with EDHEC's Alumini as I'm not able to find any in linkedin.
3. Is joining the Global MBA program a good choice.
4. I'm from India, so will it cause any problems for me during the course, any partiality ?
5. How's the faculty and the placement support, they have mentioned in the brochure that it's the best in the world.
6. Is it necessary to know French to study in France ?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2020, 08:24
For sure the FT drop out in 2019 was disappointing, but the programme went straight back in the following year and like another post commented, the school was very communicative with alumni on this, explaining why and what it was going to do.

You don't need to speak french at all to do the programme as it is all in English (plus there are free french classes) but it is better to speak French if you want to work for a French company in a French role. Many of my class work in France now (some speak fluent French, others learning) so it is very much possible but not gauranteed - so speaking French will help - this isn't an EDHEC thing, its a country thing though.

In terms of racism, that it one thing that I never saw or heard about at all. In fact, the class is really diverse in terms of nationalities and most are from outside Europe. The class size is pretty small compared to some (around 45/50) so we tended to hear about all issues (and racism or unfair treatment when it comes to grades/plaguarism was not anything I heard of).

I know everyone has different expectations but I had a great experience and it was a good investment for me personally.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 05:29
Wheoever posted this extremely negative review about EDHEC is making the MBA in EDHEC seem like a scam. I had a very different experience. It is true that a person may have a different perspective, so let me add my perspective here against some of the pointers.
In #3 North American professors are being spoken about and the same person then talks about racism in #12. Isn't it incoherent? I am sorry if you faced racism during your time at EDHEC. I did not. I loved the fact that our class was so diverse. It was a delight to be in a class which seemed like a melting pot of different cultures, backgrounds and experiences. I learned a lot from the experience which I currently find invaluable in my work.

#3 and #5- What does professors leaving the main stage mean? I completed my MBA in 2018 and I cannot recollect professors leaving. Some classes such as advanced finance, internationalisation of the firm were a delight. Some classes can be improved and some needs to be improved. But that's life!
#6 - The career services cannot guarantee a job. Most universities don't guarantee you a job. France and Europe in general is a tough market because French /(native language) is indeed needed at most places. You cannot rely on a university to tell you that. You have to do your own research. This is MBA research 101- the bare minimum.
The career services will help you in preparing for interviews and craft better applications. I do agree that the number of companies that visit the EDHEC campus should be increased.
#7 Me and a few of my friends are working in Europe. I am an Asian and I work for a fortune 500. But yes, it isn't easy to get placed and that's very common in many top business schools primarily because of the immigration landscape and language barriers.
#8 Students Office was always on top of the queries that I had. No, I am not an European and I am an introvert and I just asked them what I had to ask them and the queries were answered.

Nothing beats the fact that EDHEC has a huge return on investment. It doesn't burn a hole in one's pocket. EDHEC has some of most unique specializations such as entrepreneurship, global leadership and digital innovation. It can be a good fit for some and not so good fit for others. For me, it worked out very well. So do your own research. Speak to people
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ****DONT JOIN EDHEC MBA!!!!!!****   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2020, 05:29

****DONT JOIN EDHEC MBA!!!!!!****

new topic post reply Update application status