Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:55 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: HBS '25
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: HBS '25
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Early Profile Evaluation Request [Indian IT Male, 760, IIT Kharagpur] [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
ankitkp4056:

1) Could you please elaborate on what you mean by "experiences on the job can often be ad-hoc in nature"? and should I trade Samsung(fortune-50) for a lower fortune 500 company to gain international exposure?

Unless you are in a line job where your role is extremely predictable day-in and day-out, you will inevitably come across one-time deals, projects, etc. In many cases, on a job you will not know specifically what comes across your plate until it actually does. The point being, you can't predict how your experience will turn out. I don't think you should be worried about international exposure. Go for the better job based on manager, responsibilities, etc. Ceteris paribus, then, yes, go for the one with a more global experience.

2) Could you please shed some light on my expected chances for the target schools mentioned.

Harvard/Stanford/Wharton will be challenging but you have a puncher's chance. You'll be much more competitive for Sloan and INSEAD on the basis of those schools being less competitive and very friendly to international applicants. The schools lower on your list are also very attainable. I can't really comment on scholarship money as that is an entirely different process, and I am not terribly familiar. If I were you, I would narrow down your list to 6-8 schools, with 3 reaches, 3 targets, and 2 safeties, or some variation thereof.

Then you can apply across 1-2 rounds and have potential options. Please reach out to us if and when you are ready to apply and discuss a plan of action.

https://admissionado.com/

-Seth
Moderator:
Admissionado
9221 posts