GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Apr 2019, 08:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

EDHEC vs St. Gallen

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
EDHEC vs St. Gallen  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 06:43
Hi guys!!

I just got accepted to the MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking at EDHEC and to the Master in Banking and Finance at St. Gallen. However, I'm really lost about which one to choose. I thought the MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking at EDHEC would be better because it's just one year and is focus on a finance field that I think I like, but I'm affraid that because is just one year it won't be regarded as being much complete and doesn't have the prestige that other Master programmes at EDHEC have. Besides, the MBF at St. Gallen is cheaper and it seems more comprehensive.
However, my german level is pretty basic and I'm affraid that it will be harder for me to find a job. I really don't know what to choose. I was hoping you could help me by sharing your opinions

Thank you so much guys :please

Cheers!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT 1: 490 Q47 V13
GPA: 3.6
Re: EDHEC vs St. Gallen  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 10:55
Jmvtravas wrote:
Hi guys!!

I just got accepted to the MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking at EDHEC and to the Master in Banking and Finance at St. Gallen. However, I'm really lost about which one to choose. I thought the MSc in Corporate Finance & Banking at EDHEC would be better because it's just one year and is focus on a finance field that I think I like, but I'm affraid that because is just one year it won't be regarded as being much complete and doesn't have the prestige that other Master programmes at EDHEC have. Besides, the MBF at St. Gallen is cheaper and it seems more comprehensive.
However, my german level is pretty basic and I'm affraid that it will be harder for me to find a job. I really don't know what to choose. I was hoping you could help me by sharing your opinions

Cheers!!

Congrats on your admission. Both are good schools, however St. Gallen ranked ahead of EDHEC. Consider the financial part also while taking the final decision.
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
V
Concentration: Finance
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 12:08
Jmvtravas wrote:
Hi guys!!

Cheers!!

Hello Jmvtravas

First congrats on being admitted to two of very best schools in Europe, especially in Finance :thumbup:

I dont know your native country, but you would not have problem to find a job with any of these programs in Europe.

You are right MBF at St. Gallen looks like more serious, more comprehensive and most importantly more Quant :geek:

Quantitative Methods & Data Science track is awesome :cool: and most alluring to me, however you may actually have different interest.

MBF at St. Gallen is ranked as 3rd in category value for $$$ at FT specialized rankings, I assume you consulted only general FT rankings where although EDHEC (3) is better ranked than St. Gallen (6), still has lower average salary $104,552 vs. $111,958 for St. Gallen graduates.

You have very detailed and nicely done info and brochures for MBF at St. Gallen and employment statistics that you should check on if you already didn't, I am not going to copy it/upload here now.

On the other hand on EDHEC there is famous Fabozzi and also Martellini, although that maybe is not that important for you, it is more important for doing research, usually for PhD aspirants.

Living in Nice during studies is also tempting :cool:

However, I can see fees are actually much higher, more than double on EDHEC. :-o :shocked

I am familiar with both countries in general, have spent some time in both, and I would much rather later upon graduation live and work in Switzerland (for obvious reasons) :cool:

You will not need German (French) immediately in order to work for good companies (sometimes global ones), for instance in Zurich or Geneva, English would be enough.

You cannot go wrong whatever you choose, I personally will def go with MBF at St. Gallen, most certainly with Quantitative Methods & Data Science track :geek: :cool:

Good Luck with decision ! ;)

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2019, 14:26
Hello billionaire!

Thank you so much for your help!! It was extremely helpful :-D

I'm Portuguese and I do feel that living in Nice would be nicer for me and easier to adapt, but my biggest concern was regarding studying, and probably working, in Switzerland without having a good level of German.

I did see the brochures and rankings but I wasn’t aware that English would be enough to work in Switzerland :-o That is very important and useful for my decision-making so once again thanks for the incredible sharing and help! ;)
GMAT Club Bot
EDHEC vs St. Gallen   [#permalink] 09 Apr 2019, 14:26

EDHEC vs St. Gallen

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap