It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 14:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

EMBA : Duke (Fuqua) vs Sloan (MIT) vs Yale

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

EMBA : Duke (Fuqua) vs Sloan (MIT) vs Yale [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 06:41
Hello Folks,

I have submitted application for Duke and Sloan eMBA program and waiting on the results. I am still researching Yale for potential application.

I am a hardware design engineer with 10 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. I am looking to move towards a career in product management (preferably in semiconductor industry). I dont have any business exposure however in my current job I do interact with internal customer to get their requirements for my team to implement them. I am hoping my eMBA program will help me switch to a more customer facing role where I can use my technical stills and skills acquired from a MBA program.

Given my background do you guys have any inputs on eMBA programs in above schools schools in-terms of cohort experience, help in career switch, opportunities post program etc..

Thanks

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: EMBA : Duke (Fuqua) vs Sloan (MIT) vs Yale [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 08:21
Hi -

I'm a physician by training and currently the CMO (Chief Medical Officer) of a health care organization. I applied to Sloan EMBA and was recently accepted. The turn around was remarkably quick and everyone seems exceptionally friendly - some very smart people in the class. My reasons for doing it are really to understand how to RUN an organization - which is not something you automatically know from being a physician. It seems like everyone in the class (so far) has SOME sort of significant experience with managing - so perhaps they are looking for some evidence of that.

I don't know anything about Duke. I only applied to MIT and was going to apply to Oxford Said - but I think I'm sticking with MIT.

Good Luck -
Anthony Dowidowicz MD
Chief Medical Officer
Adirondack Health
518-897-2704

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 08:47
Thanks a lot for the feedback Dr Anthony. When you say the turnaround was quick, could I know what was timeline between you submitting the application and going for in-person Interview.

My main motivation of even considering to apply for MIT is fuel up some of the startup aspirations that I have. Till now all these ideas are confined to my notebooks and interaction with my close buddy. I was hoping the cohort experience would add a new dimension to this if it were to take-off. Also I am looking to move out of my technical role in my company to more product/road-map definition role.

At the same time I am weary about not having managerial experience whereas most in the class would have substantial amount of it... or may be its a good thing.. I dont know yet.

Thanks
Rakesh

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2016, 14:34
Submitted 3/11
Invited 3/17
Interviewed 3/24
Accepted 3/29

Once you pay the deposit and enroll things happen very quickly. It's a very smooth process.

Good luck -
a

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2016, 16:20
Hi Rakesh

Have you heard from anyone yet? I am considering only those two schools and appreciate any insight. I had been to MIT executive entrepreneurship program. Private message me your contact and we can discuss further offline. Wish you the best. Cheers. Anil.

Posted from my mobile device

Re: EMBA : Duke (Fuqua) vs Sloan (MIT) vs Yale   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2016, 16:20