GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 03:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ESSEC, HEC, ESCP MIM 2020 intake profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
ESSEC, HEC, ESCP MIM 2020 intake profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 13:47
Hey, I am planning to apply to ESSEC, HEC and ESCP in September 2019 for 2020 intake. I want to know my chances of getting an admit in either of the schools.

My profile is below:

B.Tech final year, Mechanical Engg. from IIT Patna, 8.12/10 GPA

10th :- 9.6/10 GPA
12th :- 93.0%

3 internships:-
1st one at Tata Motors for 4 weeks (during my second year)
2nd one at IIT Varanasi for 5 weeks (during my second year)
3rd one at Pricol for 5 weeks (during my third year)

Been to 4 countries viz. Switzerland, Germany, England and Wales and have also studied in the schools there (cumulative for about 2 years). The problem is that I went all the 4 countries before the age of 11 (my present age is 22 for reference) so that international experience might not be of great use.

Have managed about 4 events at my college fest, did some NGO activity (teaching in slums) at my college, total of 10 projects (9 group and 1 individual) during my college time. Been the head of the department for a national level ATV fabricating competition. Also 2 of my projects including my final year project is related to social work.

Planning to give GMAT by April end.

Please help me evaluate my profile and let me know if there is anything which I should (or could) improve on.
MiM-Essay Representative
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: ESSEC, HEC, ESCP MIM 2020 intake profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 00:48
Hey there,

So overall you have a fairly impressive profile. Here are a few pointers about the same -

You come from a nationally renowned university, so that will add on to your application and you international experience is a add-on to your profile.

You have a comparatively average university GPA ; but you can compensate for it by highlighting your other profile strengths. Essay are a great way for doing this, so make sure that you spend enough time perfecting them.

As far as your work experience is concerned, your internship experience are valuable assets to your application.

However, the schools are interested in impact rather than just participation.

So make sure that you exemplify your learnings and your interest in marketing through your Work experience.

As you come from a engineering background and have done your internships in the technical field.I would suggest you to take up at least one quality internship in the business field.

As for your target schools, ESSEC, HEC, ESCP are very competitive make sure you ace every part of the application (essays, GMAT, LOR, resume) to get noticed.

With a good GMAT score of 700+, you have a good shot at the top B-Schools like included your targeted one.

I would suggest you to take this profile evaluation to get a better idea about your chances at your target schools: http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
Intern
Intern
B
ESSEC, HEC, ESCP MIM 2020 intake profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 08:12
Hi

I am planning to apply for ESSEC MIM 2020.I am a Third Officer (Merchant Navy) currently working in Fleet Management Limited. I have a work Experience of 2 years, 1.5 years as a Deck Cadet with Anglo Eastern Ship Management and then 6 months as Third officer. I have worked in a NGO for over a year as a teacher,done a foundation course in photography and covered a few college fest as a photographer. I am planning to Give the GMAT in April

:-D If i apply IN ESSEC with the kind of profile i have right now will it it will be strong enough to get me through
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 08:46
My target schools for MIM are St Gallen, Hec, ESSEC , ESCP, etc...
I am pursuing Bachelor of Commerce from Hindu College( one of the best colleges in the country). Cgpa is 8/10 ( will improve in my next semester.
10th-10 cgpa
12th-96.6%

Certifications- Cleared FRM( Financial risk Manager level1)
Will attempt CFA level 1 in December. Knowledge of German till A2.

Experience- Done a 4 month finance internship based on technical analysis( options, futures amd strategies)
Planning to do another two month internship in june/july.

GMAT- preparation in full flow. Will take the attempt in july. Targetting 720+

Extracurriculars- Founder/Manager of Traders for tomorrow club in college, conducted debates on trending topics- Bitcoin bubble, US-CHINA trade wars, organised cultural events.

Working on my social impact towards the society..

Posted from my mobile device
MiM-Essay Representative
G
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2019, 07:24
Hey Yash9694,

Work experience and certifications look good :)
College rank works as well.
You have briefly highlighted your extra-curriculars but I would need more details about your involvement to know how they will add value to your application.
Secondly, you have mentioned that you are working on your GMAT and social initiative activities - Can you share more details about the same?
If you can take up a profile evaluation with your updated data, I would be able to give you an in-depth analysis.
Here's the link to the evaluation : http://info.mim-essay.com/forums-pe

MSc. in Management(MiM) Admission Consultants

92% Success Rate| 1200+ Admits in Top Schools| 1.8 Million Euros in Scholarships

Want to 2X your chances of selection? Book a consulting call here: http://info.mim-essay.com/book-a-call-today
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ESSEC, HEC, ESCP MIM 2020 intake profile evaluation   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2019, 07:24

ESSEC, HEC, ESCP MIM 2020 intake profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status