Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [11]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6041 [0]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Re: Essential Tips to break the 700 barrier [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Crusaders wrote:
official gmat test more on ur analytical skills, that is the way you approach a question and the way u think

I couldn't agree more! It's hard to say that any 3rd party practice test is better than GMAC's own GMATPrep software, but our new practice test (launched this past month) is all about measuring your analytical skills, not just how well you memorized idioms or number properties, etc.

Great writeup, BTW. Excellent tip about not getting too obsessed with the timer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 362 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Mate
Can you please advice me on the practise tests. As I bought the Veritas prep books but from amazon 2 months back but at that time there was no promotion of free practise tests. Now I am only left with CR books which I have to buy from veritas to make the full set. If I buy just CR books will I get the Practise tests. I have made my purchases from Amazon before as they sell in individual books. So this CR book as well will be bought from amazon.

Please advice.

Thanks

quixx23 wrote:
Crusaders wrote:
official gmat test more on ur analytical skills, that is the way you approach a question and the way u think

I couldn't agree more! It's hard to say that any 3rd party practice test is better than GMAC's own GMATPrep software, but our new practice test (launched this past month) is all about measuring your analytical skills, not just how well you memorized idioms or number properties, etc.

Great writeup, BTW. Excellent tip about not getting too obsessed with the timer.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Expert Reply
tk1tez7777 wrote:
Hi Mate
Can you please advice me on the practise tests. As I bought the Veritas prep books but from amazon 2 months back but at that time there was no promotion of free practise tests. Now I am only left with CR books which I have to buy from veritas to make the full set. If I buy just CR books will I get the Practise tests. I have made my purchases from Amazon before as they sell in individual books. So this CR book as well will be bought from amazon.

Please advice.

Thanks

Hi tk,

We're no longer running that promotion, unfortunately. (Please let me know if you saw a promo that's still running somewhere.) But, please send me a private message and I can hook you up with five free practice tests!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Crusaders wrote:
3) Do the Manhattan/veritus or whatever unoffical gmatprep FIRST and Leave ALL your OG material for later. Those unofficial prep helps improve your concept and clarity (for Q part) but are not really reflective of what the gmat questions are ( official gmat test more on ur analytical skills, that is the way you approach a question and the way u think). As for verbal, Only OG are reflective of the actual GMAT. Hence, practice all your Manhattan online cat test first, exhaust all those questions, refine your concepts, and only then, start doing official questions.

Totally agreed. I started with the OG and i found it so difficult as I forgot a lot of the core concepts. Moved back to the Manhattan books to build up the core foundation.

Thanks for the Excellent Debrief
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts