Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 10:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Retired Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 1102
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 10:32
1
2
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

  15% (low)

Question Stats:

68% (00:39) correct 33% (00:47) wrong based on 152 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics


Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth, Frank Whittle decided to start eating meat again when he was 65 years old.

(A) as being a youth

(B) while in youth

(C) at the time of his being young

(D) while being a youngster

(E) as a youth

_________________
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 77
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2017, 23:56
HKD1710 can you provide OE
Thanks nitin
_________________
Hit kudos if you like my post

Today's preparation determines tomorrow's achievement.
Retired Moderator
avatar
V
Joined: 22 Jun 2014
Posts: 1102
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2017, 06:24
nitiny wrote:
HKD1710 can you provide OE
Thanks nitin


OE:
This question tests your ability to use the correct idiom to make a comparison between different stages of a person's life. The question compare Frank Whittle's habits "as a youth" (the correct idiomatic expression) to his habits as an adult. Choice (E) is correct: The expression is clear, concise, and idiomatically correct.
_________________
Board of Directors
User avatar
P
Status: QA & VA Forum Moderator
Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 4512
Location: India
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2017, 06:43
HKD1710 wrote:
Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth, Frank Whittle decided to start eating meat again when he was 65 years old.

(A) as being a youth

(B) while in youth

(C) at the time of his being young

(D) while being a youngster

(E) as a youth


Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as a youth, Frank Whittle decided to start eating meat again when he was 65 years old.

Only option (E) presents correct Comparison and Parallel usage, errors in other options highlighted in RED.
_________________
Thanks and Regards

Abhishek....

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES FOR POSTING IN QA AND VA FORUM AND USE SEARCH FUNCTION BEFORE POSTING NEW QUESTIONS

How to use Search Function in GMAT Club | Rules for Posting in QA forum | Writing Mathematical Formulas |Rules for Posting in VA forum | Request Expert's Reply ( VA Forum Only )
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Mar 2018
Posts: 123
Re: Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 01:34
HKD1710 wrote:
nitiny wrote:
HKD1710 can you provide OE
Thanks nitin


OE:
This question tests your ability to use the correct idiom to make a comparison between different stages of a person's life. The question compare Frank Whittle's habits "as a youth" (the correct idiomatic expression) to his habits as an adult. Choice (E) is correct: The expression is clear, concise, and idiomatically correct.


I did not know that "as" should be used to define stages of a person's life. tnx
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 28 Aug 2018
Posts: 227
Re: Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 01:48
faltan wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
nitiny wrote:
HKD1710 can you provide OE
Thanks nitin


OE:
This question tests your ability to use the correct idiom to make a comparison between different stages of a person's life. The question compare Frank Whittle's habits "as a youth" (the correct idiomatic expression) to his habits as an adult. Choice (E) is correct: The expression is clear, concise, and idiomatically correct.


I did not know that "as" should be used to define stages of a person's life. tnx


As is used to represent the function or role of a person /item as if that role exist or was in past...it does not represent similarity, instead it represents real situation

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
"Press +1 KUDOS"

Be very critical of my Post
Ask as many questions of my post possible
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2019, 01:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Even though he decided to be a vegetarian as being a youth

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne