Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72883 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Exam in 12 days...Helppppp [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Well... it is hard to say but if your scores are inconsistent, that's a good chance you lack a topic (some tests you hit geometry more and some tests you hit it less) the same is with verbal - that's what it is telling me.

I would not have a lot of confidence in getting 700+ frankly.

Your best best is to find those weakness areas and see if you can squash them in the next 12 days.

Hey...I am having problems understanding where exactly I am lacking...sometimes i do great in RC ..sometimes i get an accuracy of 40%..Its just very frustrating....I do know that DS is not my cup of tea and I have been working on it for some time now...I am stuck and I dont know what to do,how to proceed...I have been watching Ron's tutorials to improve my verbal score...they are helpful but not enough...I got ten days to go...What is it that I should do?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
006 wrote:
bb wrote:
Well... it is hard to say but if your scores are inconsistent, that's a good chance you lack a topic (some tests you hit geometry more and some tests you hit it less) the same is with verbal - that's what it is telling me.

I would not have a lot of confidence in getting 700+ frankly.

Your best best is to find those weakness areas and see if you can squash them in the next 12 days.

Hey...I am having problems understanding where exactly I am lacking...sometimes i do great in RC ..sometimes i get an accuracy of 40%..Its just very frustrating....I do know that DS is not my cup of tea and I have been working on it for some time now...I am stuck and I dont know what to do,how to proceed...I have been watching Ron's tutorials to improve my verbal score...they are helpful but not enough...I got ten days to go...What is it that I should do?

Postpone for 2-3 months if you are not applying this year. A sub par score looks bad on the score card, costs 5 times as rescheduling 1 time, and will leave you burnt-out.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1833 [1]
Given Kudos: 370
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Health Care)
Send PM
Exam in 12 days...Helppppp [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi Ananya,
I understand your dilemma but to be really honest, if your accuracy varies greatly across all sections I wouldn't recommend that you give the exam in 8-10 days because you won't be able to rectify this problem in such a short span. Unless you have very compelling circumstances its better if you postpone.

If you do decide to go ahead then you could score b/w 600-650 (on the basis of your current situation) btw R2 deadlines are almost over so there shouldn't be a rush to give the test (do correct me if I'm wrong). Your score variance could be because you concentrate on a section/ topic in isolation without revising/ reviewing your previous work and there are always some topics in each section you find difficult, you need to work on those as asap. you haven't mention your q/v split so i can't say which section needs more work , if its verbal then SC is most learnable (for most people) in a short time span. if its quant then please get topics such as- divisibility, prime nos, remainders, exponent, mean-median, algebraic equations, %, fractions, time & distance in order. gmat culb math books is great source for revision.

Ron's videos are great , but their techniques take time to be internalized esp CR, quant back up methods, etc. and most importantly If timing (failure to complete any section or rushing towards the end ) is a problem get it out of the way first because than alone can boost you score by 30 points or so (I'm quite serious about this).

Whatever you decide to do, good luck
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Tuck '16
Send PM
Incase you decide to retake, do read it
Hey incase you https://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... an-part-1/
GMAT Club Bot