GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 07 Apr 2020, 14:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

exec mba gmat 560 need advise

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 560 Q35 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
exec mba gmat 560 need advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 08:34
hi All,
i took my gmat today and got 560 ( way below my target of 680) and am targeting exec mba courses ( 1yr), as i have about 14yrs of work-ex

this was my 1st attempt. can some one guide me on my below queries :

1. should i re-take the exam or

2. should i take a chance with my applications? in case i am rejected , will b-schools entertain my 2nd application if i improve on my gmat score?

thanks
Director
Director
V
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Re: exec mba gmat 560 need advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 10:12
Ashishkapur wrote:
hi All,
i took my gmat today and got 560 ( way below my target of 680) and am targeting exec mba courses ( 1yr), as i have about 14yrs of work-ex

2. should i take a chance with my applications? in case i am rejected , will b-schools entertain my 2nd application if i improve on my gmat score?

thanks

Hi, for your profile 560 is not a bad score, you can apply for Executive programmes with this score. If you want to do only the Executive programme, you can take the Executive Assessment(EA) test conducted by GMAC.
Please go through the below link.
https://www.gmac.com/executive-assessment/about
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 15:36
Hi Ashishkapur for top programs this is way too low.

By comparison, Wharton is about 700 and a bit higher for Indians because it is so competitive. However the good news is that there are a number of programs you can apply to without a GMAT score!

I am working with an applicant to MIT Sloan for the May 30 deadline and Kellogg for the June 6 deadline, neither require a GMAT (but they might require proof of numeracy - my client is a CFA and doing MBA Math as a back up. He had trouble with the GMAT as well. Another program that does not require GMAT is Michigan-Ross which meets monthly in Ann Arbor or LA. However that deadline is April 30th.

Kellogg meets monthly in Miami; MIT every 3 weeks. There are a number of global (GEMBA) programs with deadlines coming up; I am working on an article. Google Financial Times Executive MBA 2018.

Make sure to work with someone on smartly packaging your CV and work experience; what you are SELLING is the quality of your work experience, what you will have to SHARE with colleagues and what would make you a valuable connection/source of information for others. CV and recommendations are of special importance, even though your test scores and grades are of less importance.

Hope this helps.

Ashishkapur wrote:
hi All,

thanks

SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2019, 23:34
Top Contributor
Ashishkapur wrote:
hi All,

thanks

Hi Ashish

What schools are you looking at? For the top options out there, you need close to a 100-point increase. On your second question, in case you are rejected basis your low score, the schools will entertain a second application in the next year.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 09:07
thanks guys.
Am targeting exec ( 1yr full time) programs of INSEAD ( GEMBA), ISB and IIM's, IMD , HEC and LSE.

Need help and advise.

thanks again.
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 19:59
Top Contributor
Ashishkapur wrote:
thanks guys.
Am targeting exec ( 1yr full time) programs of INSEAD ( GEMBA), ISB and IIM's, IMD , HEC and LSE.

Need help and advise.

thanks again.

Thanks for clarifying Ashish. The INSEAD program is delivered modularly, and is not a full-time program. LSE offers the Executive Global Master's in Management, which too is a modular program. The ISB PGP, IIM PGPX/EPGP/PGPEX, and the IMD and HEC MBA programs are all full-time options.

With 14 years of work-ex, you may not be a fit for many of the full-time programs, as ISB, HEC, and IMD will all consider you too experienced. For the IIMs, you can consider applying to the IIMA PGPX, but you will need to increase your GMAT score by at least 120 points (assuming you have a score of 560 currently).

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2019, 03:38
Thanks for the advise. I will give another shot at GMAT test. But i feel i need more specific guidance to keep me on the straight and narrow.
I am contemplating classroom guidance and am relatively free on weekdays. Can you advise me good classroom based GMAT prep givers in and around the South-Delhi region?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
B
IMPROVED on my GMAT score to 640 Re: exec mba gmat 560 need advise  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 09:31
Dear All,

Thanks for your guidance. I have managed to improve my overall score from 560 ( April'19 ; Q35, V31) to 640 (Jul '19 - Q42, V35) - an 80 point increase.

Though it is still a bit off from my target of 680-700, but it is an upward movement, so am happy about it. I plan to sit for my 3rd attempt shortly.

However I look forward to your guidance on my chances of making it to the 1yr MBA program of the B-schools I mentioned earlier (ISB and IIM's, IMD , HEC and LSE).

What is the best way to about the admissions process?

Thanks again and look forward to your guidance and advice.
GMAT Club Bot
IMPROVED on my GMAT score to 640 Re: exec mba gmat 560 need advise   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2019, 09:31

exec mba gmat 560 need advise

new topic post reply Update application status