Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 10:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 10:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [2]
Given Kudos: 255
Concentration: Economics, International Business
Schools: ISB '19 Fox"19
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GPA: 3
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6122 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Send PM
Re: Exhausted official verbal question;is magoosh close to offic [#permalink]
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
nailin16 wrote:
Hi

I took gmat twice and have exhausted almost everything official and i am into this bad habit of remembering the answers so the stock is of no use now.
And its really tough to replicate gmat official questions.I have had practised from unofficial sources in past, and had a really bitter experience. I realised its a waste of time and effort.
So please let me know what can i do in such a scenario.
I really need some good question bank for verbal.
have heard a lot about magoosh,are magoosh questions close to official ones.

Posted from my mobile device

Did you complete every questions in OG 2, 11, 12, 13, 2015, 2016, 2017 and take GMATPrep 1, 2, 3, 4 ? :shock: I'm really shocked :shock:

For other materials, you could use Manhattan books (Quant + Verbal), PowerScore CR Bible (CR only), Vertias books (Verbal), Aristol (Verbal), LSAT (CR only) ...

Still look for more materials? Have a look at online resources: Gmatclub, online courses (e-gmat, Magoosh,...),...

Dear questions almost same in OG13 and og2016
A few questions have been added to og2017..
Otherwise yes almost done wd og and verbal view.

Question pack and gmat prep exam packs
I used to get 35-37 in verbal mocks..bt i flunked on D day..
Jus wen my verbal section started my examation centre was engulfed into noises n whisperings thereafter i couldnt concentrate..sm students had my gmat centre as their oracle certification centre..they were typing..calling the invigilator after every 10min...n bamm i got a rc passage as my very second question..n i fumbled

Sent from my SM-G600FY using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am not sure if trying new material is helpful. What really helped me so far and what a lot of 700+ gmat scorers have emphasized is that re-do the questions you got incorrect. Write down the reasons, type of mistake and re attempt the question. Make sure you understand the concept fully.

For instance if you got a question wrong because of Had tense error or Pronoun issue then reread the pronoun section and see why you got it wrong. What is the correct solution and why it is correct so next time you don't make this mistake.

Magoosh mostly has same questions as OG material. Not much more.

Good luck!

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Top Contributor
If you're looking for additional questions, this online question bank may be useful for you: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

For verbal, there are separate sections at the top - one each for SC, CR, and RC.
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 28574 [3]
Given Kudos: 130
Kudos
Expert Reply
nailin16 wrote:
Hi

I took gmat twice and have exhausted almost everything official and i am into this bad habit of remembering the answers so the stock is of no use now.
And its really tough to replicate gmat official questions.I have had practised from unofficial sources in past, and had a really bitter experience. I realised its a waste of time and effort.

Dear nailin16,

This is Mike McGarry, the GMAT Expert from Magoosh. I will say a few things.

First of all, at Magoosh, each question undergoes significant statistical evaluation. Obviously, we don't have the enormous data pools that GMAC has readily available, but with our customer base, we extract a tremendous amount of information. This allows us to drop questions that aren't effective and improve others, to ensure that we are offering the highest quality question. In other words, on a much smaller scale, we use processes quite similar to those GMAC uses to regulate question quality. I wouldn't make the claim that our questions are as good as official questions, because I am often in awe of those questions, but among non-official questions, Magoosh's questions are as good as anything available.

I would also give a mention to MGMAT, which also has very high quality questions. I have great respect for what those brilliant people do.

I also want to make a broader point. Students often naively imagine that GMAT success is primarily a matter of finding the right material, for example, the best questions. Yes, finding high quality material is important, but what most people fail to recognize that the quality of the material is about worth about 10% of GMAT success, and what you bring, your attitudes & diligence & dedication, count for the other 90% percent. Almost all GMAT test takers have the GMAT OG and other excellent materials, but only 10% cross the magic 700 threshold. What you have communicated here is that you have been using the highest quality questions, the official questions, and twice already you have gotten GMAT results with which you are not happy. My friend, it's crucially important that you embrace the habits of excellence. That blog gives an overview, and the linked blogs give more information. In every aspect of your work, you need to embrace the habit of striving for excellent. In all your writing, make every sentence something that would be correct on the GMAT SC (this is not true of your post at the top of this thread). Do mental math several times a day. Force yourself to read and understand challenging material. Raise the quality of your focus and conscientiousness throughout your life. Remember, how you do anything is how you do everything.

My friend, I am very ambitious for your success. Practice Magoosh questions and, much more importantly, strive to integrate the habits of excellence as deeply as possible into every aspect of your life.

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mikemcgarry wrote:
nailin16 wrote:
Hi

Dear nailin16,

This is Mike McGarry, the GMAT Expert from Magoosh. I will say a few things.

First of all, at Magoosh, each question undergoes significant statistical evaluation. Obviously, we don't have the enormous data pools that GMAC has readily available, but with our customer base, we extract a tremendous amount of information. This allows us to drop questions that aren't effective and improve others, to ensure that we are offering the highest quality question. In other words, on a much smaller scale, we use processes quite similar to those GMAC uses to regulate question quality. I wouldn't make the claim that our questions are as good as official questions, because I am often in awe of those questions, but among non-official questions, Magoosh's questions are as good as anything available.

I would also give a mention to MGMAT, which also has very high quality questions. I have great respect for what those brilliant people do.

I also want to make a broader point. Students often naively imagine that GMAT success is primarily a matter of finding the right material, for example, the best questions. Yes, finding high quality material is important, but what most people fail to recognize that the quality of the material is about worth about 10% of GMAT success, and what you bring, your attitudes & diligence & dedication, count for the other 90% percent. Almost all GMAT test takers have the GMAT OG and other excellent materials, but only 10% cross the magic 700 threshold. What you have communicated here is that you have been using the highest quality questions, the official questions, and twice already you have gotten GMAT results with which you are not happy. My friend, it's crucially important that you embrace the habits of excellence. That blog gives an overview, and the linked blogs give more information. In every aspect of your work, you need to embrace the habit of striving for excellent. In all your writing, make every sentence something that would be correct on the GMAT SC (this is not true of your post at the top of this thread). Do mental math several times a day. Force yourself to read and understand challenging material. Raise the quality of your focus and conscientiousness throughout your life. Remember, how you do anything is how you do everything.

My friend, I am very ambitious for your success. Practice Magoosh questions and, much more importantly, strive to integrate the habits of excellence as deeply as possible into every aspect of your life.

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Ofcourse it does :-)

Thnku sir ...i am reading a lot..doing mental math ..hope i donot fail this time.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
nguyendinhtuong wrote:
nailin16 wrote:
Hi

Did you complete every questions in OG 2, 11, 12, 13, 2015, 2016, 2017 and take GMATPrep 1, 2, 3, 4 ? :shock: I'm really shocked :shock:

For other materials, you could use Manhattan books (Quant + Verbal), PowerScore CR Bible (CR only), Vertias books (Verbal), Aristol (Verbal), LSAT (CR only) ...

Still look for more materials? Have a look at online resources: Gmatclub, online courses (e-gmat, Magoosh,...),...

Do u have OG2,11,12...
Can u please mail these pdfs to me-2,11,12
Id - prani246@gmail.com

GMAT Club Bot